a couple ideas that might have a thread already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple ideas that might have a thread already

I didn't do much searching around the forum before posting, so these ideas may already be floating around somewhere. If so, apologies for repeating and props to those who thought of these:

1. What about having a win streak box on the front page of TWD.org? Show who is on the longest winning streak\worst losing streak.

2. It also might be neat to show who is climbing and falling fastest on the ladders.

3. Show a kills/minute stat for basing. The stats don't mean a lot when games last anywhere from 15-30 minutes. kills/minute, average kills/minute would be more meaningful in my opinion. Probably just everything per minute come to think of it Ship changes would need to be considered.

I definitely like the kills/minute idea, sharks have used this informally for a while already
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Am waiting on that damage dealt/damage given feature. Should be a great addition when finished.
      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Nice there's actually a sticky'd thread above this one exactly for this purpose.

The per minute stats may be easy to implement, the data is probably already there... its just a matter of presenting it differently.

Comment

I like the kills/min Weav, would be a great addition.

Imo there should be a way to record stats so that an individual ranking system is involved, that factors in everything. I've suggested this for elim (since the current ranking system SUCKS), but nothing has been done, mainly because I have no idea how to code.

As some of you guys might know, my first zone was Chaos Zone, and if you guys have ever visited a 4v4match, you'll see that the bots are pretty up to date. Everyone starts with 500 rating, and go up/down based on their performances. You'll see that this time of system rewards activity + performance, as opposed to the current elim system we have, which mostly rewards performance, tbh. This factors in a lot of things, whether KO's, kills in 4v4/3v4/2v4, your current rating (someone with 1000 rating will have it harder to get a good rating then someone who's 400 rating), level of difficulty of opponents, TK's (for jav), etc. Players are able to view how they do on a monthly basis with the use of !pracstats <playername>, and view who's doing best using the !top function, and after every month, a reset happens, with the winner at #1 being 'recognized' As much as I hate individualized play (i.e. recc'ing douchebags), I think something like this is missing in TW. You need to keep people playing on a competitive level (for those who have interest, and I know quite a few would). It's worked well for Chaos (yea yea, only 4 people play in chaos, but it worked when it was popular and had great numbers), and I think a ranking system would do wonders in TW. Hell, maybe have a prize for the winner(s), whether it's having one's alias on A1, or $ prize if that's an option.

Hell, I even think this would work in TWL. People too lazy to go on site to brag about their performances. There's also a !game #gameid, where you could see the stats of a specified game, with who played and how well/poorly each person did. This could be a neat function in TWD, where people could use a function to see the last games their squad played, and the results. For example (!last5games: Paladen defeated Thunder 2-1 #2111, Fierce defeated Paladen 2-0 #2112, etc.). Not trying to knock the twd site out or anything, but let's face it, people are lazy as hell.

I dunno, just my 2 cents. You could do a joint rating system, where you incorporate javduel/belim/twjd, for example, into one set of javelin stats, then do the same for warbirds. Or you could do them individually, nevertheless, the rating system promotes activity, because the more you play (and the better you do), the higher your rating is. I think if you guys aren't fond of the idea for TWD, it should at least be given a trial in wbduel/javduel.

Just my 2 cents based off of past experience. Looking forward to criticism.
          Last edited by Riverside; 12-19-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
            Everyone starts with 500 rating, and go up/down based on their performances. You'll see that this time of system rewards activity + performance, as opposed to the current elim system we have, which mostly rewards performance, tbh. This factors in a lot of things, whether KO's, kills in 4v4/3v4/2v4, your current rating (someone with 1000 rating will have it harder to get a good rating then someone who's 400 rating), level of difficulty of opponents, TK's (for jav), etc.
            in plain text: this is why 4v4 pracstats suck. You are basically putting 4 good guys vs. 4 newbies to get a better ranking. Since TWD is squad vs. squad only this system will be in favour to the top-teams and this would become a massive circlejerk, even bigger than the one we have now.

An individual rating system would be much more suitable for TWL (ie. !leaguestats)

One of the things I liked about 4v4 pracstats was that it was recording Kills / deaths per minute. This could be fun to watch in warbirds and javelins (especially in TWL) in basing I dunno if it's that nice since some people are just good at finding a good camping spot and racking up kills. (-ear secured-)

I would like a damage dealt/taken stat in basing, because sometimes it feels I hit these guys 12 times and then someone from my team hits them once and get the kill.

Another suggestion would be to expand on that 'playingtime' stat. Making it very simple like putting a red X next to the guy who dies out first, as well as recording who knocked the guy out. Actually, putting a K O and First out stat on the statistics page would be pretty nice.
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Fair enough Jones, but that's why when coding the bot, one would take into account the fact it is 4 newbies against 4 pros, as it's done in Chaos. The reason it's so random is because there are so little practices played there, so the data becomes skewed.

The reason I think it'd work for something like this is if a #1 ranked team in TWD was playing a #15 ranked team, that would be accounted for when coding, so that it's fair for both sides.

I know it ends up adding more circlejerk/trashtalk, but hey, that should honestly be part of the zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                The reason I think it'd work for something like this is if a #1 ranked team in TWD was playing a #15 ranked team, that would be accounted for when coding, so that it's fair for both sides.

I know it ends up adding more circlejerk/trashtalk, but hey, that should honestly be part of the zone.
                That would mean that the rating is highly favorable to the newbies. Getting a death vs. quicksand would give me like -42 rat and going 13-1 would only yield +5. I sort of like that in a weird way, but it would probably make the gap between top tier squads and low-tier squads bigger since we are already kind of dodging challenges because it's (sadly) pretty much a waste of time. -- this is probably the biggest reason why I think it's better suited for TWL.
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I'm in favour of any changes made to this game.
                  1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                  X