No announcement yet.

New Trench Wars Website Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL why does Ilya not have a dislike button? Not that I was gonna dislike his comment, but just wondering.

Bump, so 1 week for new site?
    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I think it's a good design. The top header definitely should do its job, which is to get people to download the game. I'd probably change the order of the main links on top of the page.

A limited width column style of page is the way to go. Who the hell wants to read text that's spread out wider? There's a reason books aren't widescreen.

Also, just because the game we play is from the 90s doesn't mean the site has to be. I think a modern-looking site will generate a lot more interest than the one we have at the moment.
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

The conversion of the template will be done in about a week, but after that our dev team (including me) will still have to do a lot of work, create all subpages, code everything from the old site into the new one, add statistics, league information etc etc. It's not something that's done over night so we're progressing but I can't guarantee a date of when the site will be completely done or at least functional and good enough for you high demanding people
        TW has a lot of specific coding custom made for our zone that will need to be re-coded into our new site, we also want to add new functionality, new extensions like galleries, twl video pages etc. Either me or 24 will try and keep you guys up to date.

EDIT: If you want to help us out, tell us what you would like to have on the new TW website. Do you want a facebook type of thing? A gallery? What's missing on our current website? The point of the new TW website is to have everything in one place, under one design and where you can login once and access all (sub)sites with the right access permissions..if you get my drift.
        Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
        24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
        1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

hot babes gallery
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

something like facebook's 'poke' so I can feel dirty
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Random futurama songs playing in the background.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by M_M God View Post
                EDIT: If you want to help us out, tell us what you would like to have on the new TW website. Do you want a facebook type of thing? A gallery? What's missing on our current website?
                1. Ability to sort through games from previous TWL seasons
                2. All-time TWD stats
                3. Better stat web pages for wbduel/javduel/elim

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                  3. Better stat web pages for wbduel/javduel/elim
                  +1 - Not forgetting the new 2v2 stats too. (Although TWEL stats probs be different)
                  TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                  TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                  TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

In twd site you can now see how many days player A has been on same squad with player B. This however is relatively useless, could you add a feature that shows how many games player A has played with player B? Or keep the both on same page and let the use define which way he wants to sort/view this list.

Comment

Few more ideas, how about adding a page "inside look" of squad that shows teams "usual lineup" and/or "top line", naming the 5 most games played/best k/d ratio players of each division. Current squad profile shows number of TWL titles, this could be placed on this page instead of frontpage, also adding the number of league appearances would be nice. This would honor squads like Paladen altho they have never won anything.

We have walls on player's profiles, could you add another page for squads and name it wall or guestbook or whatever. A place to bash the squadhoppers and whatnot

Comment

Those are all fine suggestions, but this is more related to TWD/TWL statistics and requires specific coding (mostly done by Zazu). We will take those ideas with us when designing those specific subpages of the TW website, but I'm also asking for suggestions on what you would like to see added to the main website, like galleries, youtube like video pages with TW(L) videos, guestbook, facebook type of community profiles..etc..Be creative and let us know here!
                        Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                        24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                        1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Show the alpha squaddies

Originally posted by Steep View Post
                          shows teams "usual lineup"
                          I like that idea! Maybe in the same vein for the squad roster page itself, names of inactive players could blend into the background more so they're more transparent and harder to see. For someone who played no games all season, do they really deserve to be shown? (This of course can be an optional mode, but I'd give it a go if it was offered personally.)

This could be extended to the medals themselves - if the system can query the database to see how much someone participated towards a league title, then the opacity of the corresponding medal can reflect that too - easy to spot 'fake' medals, perhaps useful when recruiting.

This would be unfair for inactive super-clutch players or perhaps someone who doesn't play but trains a farm squad. But maybe screw them. :P

Comment

Nockm that idea of names appearing more transparent the longer they stay inactive is a wicked idea . Or Names appearing smaller the more inactive they are on the roster- just like squad names in twd atm. Would love that idea to happen.
                            1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

as long as my name has a large jaw attached to it
                              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

any update?

Comment

Working...