attn: EVERYONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attn: EVERYONE

my harddrive finally died, no idea how long it's gonna take to send it in for repairs

also my stomach hurts righteously bad but I feel the pain moving to my colon which means either I had way too many munchies last night or a small animal is burrowing thru my system like lemmiwinks!!!

ps. ph
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

hey jerome
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

christmas is saved
      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

hahahahaha
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Remember my post about Emergency Boot USBs

mine boot in 60 seconds, are all-messengers ready incl. skype voice & video & specially divert all cacheing to RAM memory where there are Zero USB writes to browse, watch videos or do Open-With Downloads. They have the exact same feel as if you are on a hard drive, except installing new software would be longer which is hardly ever done.

Comment

If some has an SSD, they can set their firefox to clear all cache on every exit and change four settings in about:config to utterly force RAM-only caching

Filter with "browser.cache."

1) Create a new an integer called

browser.cache.memory.capacity

and make it 1048578 (1 Gigabyte)

2) change browser.cache.disk.enable to False
            3) change browser.cache.disk.capacity to 0
            4) make sure browser.cache.memory.enable is still on the default of True

5) find media.cache_size and change it to 1048578 (1 Gigabyte)

This absolutely forces all caching to RAM, including large embedded videos and including downloads where you do "Open With" instead of "Save File"

6) go in Firefox preference and tell it to clear all cache every exit and check all boxes except saved passwords if you use those. then when you close firefox windows you see your RAM suddenly free up. Because it was being used for all cache.

This helps you to get your money's worth out of RAM you never utilize anyway, and prevents useless massive SSD writes.

Using RAM is good not bad. The idea to have a thousand articles on obsessively trying to make everything use less RAM is wrong.
            Last edited by Tone; 12-30-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

tone, I think you just failed the Turing test.
              Less QQ More pew pew

Comment

Working...
              X