Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is staff doing when they aren't hosting a game/programming.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is staff doing when they aren't hosting a game/programming.

The paul: "Yeah all staffers should do is host, A+"

http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...from-a-staffer

So why do we have so many mods/staffers who barely host? I bet the_paul barely hosts, so what does he contribute to the TW community as a mod (in before:soupero you don't contribute shit, I know who cares I just play the game), does he program bots? Did he join staff so he could have the power of being a mod and not do shit and just be lazy?

Being staff is about hosting games (foremost imho) and then deal with people complaining/being racist and programming. There are so many ""upper"" staffers who don't do shit, at least host something, keep the zone going and entertain us.

It seems like being an <ER> is a burden and you want to get rid of that as fast as possible, but what do you do then? Nothing...

I remember the days when we had Nycle <ER> (and a lot of other staffers) that hosted so many games you couldn't keep up.

I'd prefer to go back to the time of Attacks, Parasect, Red something too but fact is, I never go to hosted events anymore cause events with 5 to 10 people just arent as fun.

So i'd agree with you except no one ever shows up to events.

Though that we have a bunch of staffers which no added benefit is true I suppose. If that wasnt true they wouldn't have had to axe PH and turban and so many others from staff.
    (Children)>hunted for life
    (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
    :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

y is beam a mod

LOL
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

He sorta right tho, idea of mod should be someone who WANTS to contribute to zone aka why they got picked/are good for the job.
        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

last person i remember who hosted a good amount was lena, as for the paul i dont know why anyone would want him even on staff chat all he does is talk about the nuggets (honestly think he got to be a mod cause he was on tenure when their was 10 other staffers and pinkstar/ai was giving anyone who wanted staff a free ride)

Comment

You realize paul was a smod when he was on tenure right???????

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme View Post

So i'd agree with you except no one ever shows up to events.
              Wrong attitude, there were a few games yesterday and a lot of people came... so just go next time someone hosts.

Best <ER> was hosting I think, dimdum and others hosted as well.

Comment

GO NUGGETS

Fuck it.

Comment

I agree with soupero,
                  we got so many <ER>'s these days but they never host.
                  And people stick playing for hours if there are events being hosted,
                  if you host several events in a row, the crowd gets bigger and bigger
                  so no worries about not enough people, you have to start with a perfect brick before you get a wall.
                  Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

paul resigned like 8 hours before this thread was made

Comment

Originally posted by vaped View Post
                      GO NUGGETS

to hell with you and your nuggets, ......and your elevation above sea level. we're trying to reminisce of the days of 40+ people in sealjavs, intense multi-freq ?go deathmatch games, and the lost days of a certain someone (i won't say who) who would leave a dictionary on up arrow key, in a private arena, to avoid being d/c'd to get the 36 hours needed for belim.
                      4:BigKing> xD
                      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                      4:BigKing> what did i do???
                      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                      4:BigKing> ???? why though
                      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                      4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Didn't realize this was a hate-Paul thread because he wasn't one of the lazier guys, could name a few but idc.
                        1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                        JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                        1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                        http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme View Post
                          Though that we have a bunch of staffers which no added benefit is true I suppose. If that wasnt true they wouldn't have had to axe PH and turban and so many others from staff.
                          let me try to explain what happened in as unbiased a fashion as possible.

it's pretty widely known that i was a seasonal staffer, generally added during twl and removed afterward. this worked out pretty well for both sides over the course of four seasons.

things boiled over a few months after this last twl (after which my powers were not removed, but i never used them), when i noticed someone sitting in spec with a name that anyone who has been on the internet for more than an hour should be able to decipher as "A NIGGER LOL". i didn't think much of it, sent a call, figured it would be taken care of.

came back a few hours later and the guy was still there. sent another call, no response, so i joined staff chat and, of course, people were talking, but no one was dealing with the call. i got on upper staff chat to get the matter addressed.

big mistake. rather than listening to a single word i had to say, a certain quite high-ranking staffer plainly dismissed my claim and said that the player's name was not racist because it was "abstract", and chastised me for "wanting to ban a player, no wonder people don't play if we just ban them all like that". i clarified that i never asked for a full-blown ban, as a nameban would clear this up. the staffer responded with "nameban = ban". um... what? really?

anyway, i asked this staffer to alias check the player. turns out the guy had a huge rap sheet of warnings/bans for a variety of offenses. he was on something like his tenth overall teamkilling ban, in addition to several racism bans. i then posed another question to this staffer: "still think this guy is innocent and just trying to play the game?" i should have expected the response that i got: "yes "

by this time, the other upper staffers on the chat had figured out the player's "abstract" name quite easily, but it didn't matter. i relogged a minute later to find my powers gone. evidently i was way out of line when i called out the untouchable upper staff for facilitating this type of juvenile behavior.

so there you have it. i wasn't axed for doing a poor job. in fact, i think anyone who worked with me would say i did a damn fine job of handling my specific duties. nope, i was axed for making an idiot aware that they are, in fact, an idiot.

on topic: it's true that lower staff is not perfect by any means, but the ridiculous red tape in upper staff will suffocate and kill this game faster than anything lower staff could possibly do.
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                          Originally posted by the_paul
                          Gargle battery acid fuckface
                          Originally posted by Material Girl
                          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Who was that specific staffer PH (pm)?

And HMS Stargazer, even though I don't like him, he used to host a lot. Would even want him to host again.

It's a good thing Paul resigned, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I was assistant banG/banC operator, twl op, twel op, staff trainer, and smod. You're barking up the wrong tree if you want to call someone lazy. Now that I'm not staff I can tell all of you to eat shit and fuck off without any chance of repercussions. Also any point you queers could have made was negated when the bandwagon is steered by wazaa.nl, soupero, and zihan. Nothing to see here, you guys can go back to eating your paint chips and return next time inspiration strikes you.

PS I was staff for a year before tenure came around. Keep digging fucksticks.
                              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Working...
                              X