Ploss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ploss

Alright, for one I found out if you google problems about ploss you come across a thread from this very forum from 2007. Thought that was a funny detail considering how we've been trying to get attention.

For two, the reason I made this thread, I recently installed a new expensive network card hoping, part of, my network problems would go away. They havent. Instead my ploss grew without bounds. Its changing a lot short-term for anywhere between 2.7 and 15+.

As you all know this is too much Ideas? Its been suggested to me to change from avast to AVG temporarily and from vista to the newer one. And use windows essentials. But as these problems only occured after installing the new network card I doubt this caused it.

My old network card dc'd me and wouldnt let me reconnect at times. On top of the problems any wireless connection that is moderately far from the router gives I tried fixing it slightly with this new card.

Any ideas?

My ping as gone down by 10/20 but my ploss increased as said.
    Last edited by Supreme; 01-22-2012, 05:44 PM. Reason: Any ideas are welcome :)
    (Children)>hunted for life
    (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
    :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

look up something called duplexing
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/perf/...plexing-c.html ?

Comment

Also I turned the electricity off and the router was on but had some rest. And now my ploss is between 0 and 1.8%. But slowly increasing it seems. I will see again when I get back

Comment

I installed the old one after dusting it off a bit. I guess I just wasted 45 bucks..heh.

Also whats up wazaa, y u no like me?

Comment

no idea to be honest

i remember there was some problem with euros and issues with the hopeone router that seemed to be a source of the ploss

i played this game alot on diff machines, wired only but with diff ethernet controllers due to diff motherboards but occasionally my ploss would rise at certain times and i couldn't play TWD/L so it was nothing to do with my hardware as 99% of the time i had 0.1% ploss and when the highs kicked in it wasnt just me but other ppl in europe too.

so if your having issues with a network card you could try changing the band or channel your wireless is using and see if that helps, hear that other ppl in close proximity using the same channel or band can cause interference.

other than that there is some early help on the tech support forms you might want to try.

i really doubt your new card would be a source of issues but again i dont know alot about networking at all
            In my world,
            I am King

sigpic

Comment

Well, right when I installed the old one it was fine. Also tested the new one when my brother was gone so nobody was interferring. Have regurly changed the channel (it was interferring with the microwave at one point) in the past.

Right now it seems to be fine. The old network card that is.

Also peculiar is that my brother is using the same network card except he isnt having any problems. I did however hear not deleting your err shit that makes the router work-software might cause problems. Drivers!

But googling the the card tells me it has like close to 5 stars in compatiblity and is shit in all other aspects

Comment

You could not be any more vague in your description of what is lagging you. Is the lag even on your end of the network? Run a trace and see where the packetloss is coming from. Most likely it's from you, but a few weeks ago hopone was giving me unplayable S2C so it could be acting up. Unfortunately its hard to tell since hopone's routers are configured not to respond to icmp. If it's on your end you'll see the ploss on the first couple hops. Might also be your ISP.

Are you on win XP? If the lag is every minute or so wireless zero could be to blame. I think this issue was resolved in a service pack, but it used to annoy me to no end. Basically the retarded service doesnt realize youre connected to a network, disconnects you, and reconnects you.

Are you out of range? Maybe you are just getting a weak signal for whatever reason in that part of the house. Wireless sucks.
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                  You could not be any more vague in your description of what is lagging you. Is the lag even on your end of the network? Run a trace and see where the packetloss is coming from. Most likely it's from you, but a few weeks ago hopone was giving me unplayable S2C so it could be acting up. Unfortunately its hard to tell since hopone's routers are configured not to respond to icmp. If it's on your end you'll see the ploss on the first couple hops. Might also be your ISP. As I said when I replaced the network card with the old one it was ok again. Though know im getting an (screen)error sometimes that I presume as something to do me not deleting the err software required for the card). Granted I sometimes lag because of that it seems to be ok now..

Are you on win XP? If the lag is every minute or so wireless zero could be to blame. I think this issue was resolved in a service pack, but it used to annoy me to no end. Basically the retarded service doesnt realize youre connected to a network, disconnects you, and reconnects you. Yes, I've been thinking of installing 7 but i'm a lazy ass bitch as soon as I get home.

Are you out of range? Maybe you are just getting a weak signal for whatever reason in that part of the house. Wireless sucks. Also true but its strong enough. Been considering to do some research on strenghtening the transmittor (have no idea how to translate)
                  Anyway now that I installed the old one it isnt really a pressurring matter to me anymore. I'll fix it when I fix it. But thanks anyway

Comment

lag been fkin me over too....ever since bots died that 1 day and every1 was blaming dezmond
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Solve all your wireless related problems with: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833156303

or anything like that.

They're great for basements.

Comment

Ah, yeah I live upstairs in a well-isolated house.

Will that work, including the old router etc., though? For the rest of the family members..

Comment

Most likely.

Comment

Working...
                          X