Router Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Help

This is for you techies that might be able to think of something I am missing...

I have 2 PC's in my house. 1 desktop that's wired directly to my router and 1 laptop that I use most of the time that uses wireless. For the past like 3 months (Worse lately) my router seems to be resetting itself sporadically. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or rhythm to it, but every time it happens my internet connection dies for anywhere between 30 seconds and 5 minutes. Lately its been happening about 12 times per hour and its insanely annoying. I had the phone company check the lines outside in the ground and they are all fine, I even had the box itself replaced before christmas and even with this brand new one its happening just the same. The following is a screenshot of the screen I see every single time it happens. The blacked out areas are just my IP.

Any and all help would be great
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

This happened to me, it turned out to be a defective router or access point. The defective one was fucking up the other one too, so my internet would cut out for about 2-3 minutes at a time, sometimes up to every 20 minutes. It was fucking awful. I had them replace the access point I think and it fixed it.

Just reread and saw you already did this so nevermind.
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

try this?

http://www.fixya.com/support/t229411...eeps_poping_up
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

So did a technician come to your house to plug in their stuff to see it happen?

They dug up the cable outside and replaced it at my old place. (Don't believe crap they say on the PHONE until a technician comes out...)

Help Promote TrenchWars - www.trenchwars.org/donations - www.trenchwars.org/donationsoverview

Comment

have you tried rebooting?
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

k so this AT&T guy came to my house today and tested a bunch of crap in some lines down the street.... He came back and showed me a bunch of graphs I didn't understand about the stability of my DSL line. He said he found the problem, replaced the lines and I should have no issues. 12 hours later it has happened 119 times (I'm counting) for a total of 74 minutes of downtime. This is pretty consistent with the way it was before he touched the lines so I don't think he did anything wrong, just didnt do anything right either. About to move back to New England where the rich people live cuz this fucking sucks

Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

plug your router in somewhere else and check if it's not the socket or a bad power strip. if it's not, the router is bad. network connectivity shouldn't cease when you have a service outage, so the next time it happens, if you can still see your powered on laptop on the network, it's the connection.

if it's the connection, they're not going to do anything. most of this shit still runs through old copper wiring and other shit. happens where i work. they remove the line, snip a bit, and jack it back in. it works for a while, but then it's fucked when the weather changes.

i hope this helps.

Comment

I find that this can often be a bad cable(s)/connector(s). Look closely at the RJ connector pins and try changing/replacing cables and see if you can affect change. I concur with Coja too, transients on the power cannot be ruled out. Replace/change/remove power strips and see if anything changes. Check for defective DSL splitter too. I assume that this behavior stays the same even if one of the PCs is powered off?
                eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                  I find that this can often be a bad cable(s)/connector(s).
                  always forget to check that, and it's definitely a common enough occurrence to not be dismissed.

Comment

I may have missed this somewhere ... but ... are you using AT&Ts crappy free router/modem or have you purchased your own?

This cured my issues with my ISP's shit free router/modem that was doing the same stuff to me. They even brought me three different ones from their shop and I kept having the same issues until I bought my own.

EDIT: Yes look for bad cables too -- that can be a big issue and should always be a first check before changing routers! Happened with the router at my business come to think of it now.
                    Fuck it.

Comment

Yes I am using the one they provided. I didn't think anything was wrong with theirs. The guy came out AGAIN today and brought a team with him. They dug up a bunch of wires, replaced them and guaranteed me they I was finally in the blue. 10 minutes later it happened again and about 30 times since. Its really getting on my fucking nerves. All the wires outside are brand new now, all the wires INSIDE are brand new as well. All the connections are fine. I swapped out my power strips for brand new ones. The router itself is only 12 days old now. I can't figure this shit out and apparently neither can AT&T since they now failed 3 times.

Comment

Time to switch service providers. A lot of ISP's intentionally foul their DSL service, and I'm not saying this is necessarily the case here, in order to guide customers towards the higher broadband, and more profitable cable and fiber options they're all starting to roll out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cojafoji View Post
                          Time to switch service providers. A lot of ISP's intentionally foul their DSL service, and I'm not saying this is necessarily the case here, in order to guide customers towards the higher broadband, and more profitable cable and fiber options they're all starting to roll out.
                          this. what you seem to be describing here LF is what happened to me............. in the 5th grade. intermittent cutting out, and then 3 days of nothing and we signed up for the new-fangled "broad band".

it very well could even be your city's infrastructure......... do people even check phone lines anymore? why maintain phone lines/jacks for the 4 old ppl left in your city who use landlines?
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Thats exactly what it turned out to be J, was my phone lines. I have a landline but i never ever use it because I use my cell for everything. Because I never use it I never noticed the static in the line on my regular phone, the static was causing the breaks in service with my dsl. The guys spliced the line to my house until they could figure out where exactly the problem was, which slows my service a little tiny bit but its worth it to have consistent connection.

Comment

copper sucks donkey balls. are you in so rural an area that you don't have cable or fiber available to you? if not, get rid of DSL. it's just a really shitty and outdated technology.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X