TWLD Season 16 Week 5 Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Season 16 Week 5 Hot or Not

I'll write a HoN. Sure. Why not? Everyone else has.

Spastic vs. hit
    18 - 50
    MVP: Tops!

I paid virtually no attention to this match due to a far more exciting match going on at the same time, but here's the cliffnotes. I left the arena when hit had a 12-2 lead, and they put up another 38 to hit's extra 16 to seal the deal. hit's scores were very evenly spread, with only Devilish not matching the pace at 6-3. Tops (11-3, MVP) picked up the MVP based on a better rating. Props to Spastic for still fielding 5 this season. It takes quite a bit to stick in there and not just throw in the towel completely on a season (hi Ancients).

Real vs. Lego
    50 - 43
    MVP: Murder!

Lego has been an interesting story in LD, to say the least. After picking up an incredible underdog victory against Quicksand during Week 1, I think most people had that pegged as a fluke. But they just kept showing up. Unfortunately, showing up hasn't translated to more victories yet. Meanwhile, Real has had their share of success and struggles so far, and a victory here would do them a lot of good. Honestly, this started to feel like deja vu really quick. Lego got out to a small lead and kept it for most of the game, led by Murder (16-10, MVP) and his continually awesome play so far. Even Duclover (5-10) going out as early as he did wasn't the deterrent everybody figured it would be. The game was tied at 42 all when Real took things into their own hands, quickly scoring the final 8 kills and effectively crushing Lego's hopes of another underdog style victory. Burnt (12-6) was the prime reason for this, but I have to give credit to Weaver (12-9) for staying in on his last death so as to not give LEGO any sort of momentum boost. If Lego can find their 4th quarter, maybe they can salvage a season hampered by the lack of being able to finish properly.

Penetrate vs. Quicksand
    50 - 40
    MVP: Ricko!

There comes a time in every squad's life where they should maybe actually take things seriously. Penetrate, a squad renowned for its prowess in basing, has done so. They made the LD playoffs last year and effectively stunned many prediction makers by doing so. This year, they're not only poised to do so again, but have an even stronger lineup to contend with. Quicksand is an enigma this year. Their first win came in Week 3 against Spastic, which, I'm sorry to say, can't really count for much of anything. They evened up their record in Week 4 with a much needed win against Dice, and seem to have gotten back to normal. Or so we thought. Enter today.

Penetrate took a small early lead and never lost it, improving to 4-1 on the season with a 10 point win. Ricko (16-6, MVP) has been a beast for Pene this season, and that didn't change much in this one. Peru's (10-9) strong start was also a difference maker in this bout. Kyou (14-10) made a run for it at the end, and while he did some damage, the numbers eventually overwhelmed him, and down he went, unable to make up for the shortcomings of people like kid kaos (4-10) and kthx (6-10).

Quicksand is now sitting in the Sweet position from last year. They need to make these last games count, and they may even need some help to make the playoffs if they slip any more. If history were to hold true this way, we could see QS with LD medals when it's all said and done, though. The next 4 weeks will tell us everything.

Code:
    Dwight> from 0-6 to hot of the week, sick game bro!
    Ricko> lol
    Ricko> thanks
    Dwight> knew pene would beat these losers
    Ricko> they bad, i havent even dded all week, im hunger, and i had sex with a woman last night and she didnt cry
    Ricko> hunger? meant hungover

dice vs. Potenza
    45 - 50
    MVP: Iron Survivor!

As I was watching Thunder vs Fierce the whole time, I wasn't able to give this game any of the attention it probably deserves. But, again, here's the cliffnotes. Potenza picks up a close, but well-fought victory, and ended their round with every member of their team on 9 deaths, a pretty impressive team effort from a squad that has had issues here somewhat (just not against my squad ). Iron Survivor (12-9, MVP) unsurprisingly lead the way for Potenza and got the MVP. Props to Duke- (6-3) for what I'm sure was a clutch sub. Dice gave a good effort, with waven (12-10) being their driving force, but 3 double digit scores couldn't quite make up for 2 mediocre ones, and that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Thunder vs. Fierce
    42 - 50
    MVP: Apok!

In what is becoming a trend for this squad, Thunder started out extremely slowly. Unlike last week, however, they were unable to claw their way back, as they drop this one to Fierce by 8. Apok (15-9, MVP) got to his last death and stayed there for an eternity, which was probably the straw that broke Thunder's back. Thunder's attempted comeback began at around the same time cres (2-7) and Eric Clapton (2-7) got subbed out, with Obi and Phrenitis putting up solid subs and stayed alive long enough to make it possible. Once Thunder figures out how to play the first half of games like they do the second half, they will be scary. My suggestion? Maybe their line should actually practice together instead of showing up on Sunday and hoping for the best.

Hot of the Week: Ricko! (16-6)

There were plenty of big performances this week, but none as important as Ricko's taming of Quicksand. Ricko has been a monster for Pene this year, and I'd love to see him continue to shine as the season winds down.

Honorable Mentions: Apok (15-9), Dak (11-5), Ease (15-10), Murder (16-10), Duke (6-3 sub)

Not of the Week: Cres and Eric Clapton (the 2-7 duo)

Thunder has struggled to start their games well all season. This doesn't help the cause at all. I know Cres and Eric are capable of better games, so hopefully they turn this around fast.

Dishonorable Mentions: Spastic's 3 3-10s (BongHits, Henry Saari, Mean Gene), kid kaos (4-10),

Week 6 will consist of the following

outstanding matchups

Penetrate vs. Dice
    Potenza vs. LEGO
    Quicksand vs. hit
    Real vs. Fierce
    Spastic vs. Thunder

Good luck to all, and enjoy SSCU Trench Wars!

Big Dwight Schrute, signing off.
    Last edited by Ganon-Knight; 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM.
    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

wud like 2 appeal cuz i not get enough sleep cuz of daylight savings
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

The TL;DR gif version of TWLD HoN Week 5

hit vs. Spastic

Here, we see Captain Jack Sulla run for his life.

Real vs Lego

Lego's continued failure to deliver the knockout blow is highlighted in this image.

Quicksand vs Penetrate

The entirety of spec represented in one woman. The guy in the back is me, of course, since I totally knew this was gonna happen.

Dice vs. Potenza

After Duke- gets subbed in, he knocks vys off balance in this image.

Thunder vs. Fierce

The stellar play of Cres and Eric Clapton is highlighted in this image.

GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Nice write up.
        LUE 402 >>> j00
        Ha ha HA. Not to scale.

Comment

Didn't you quit TW? Join the BAT-Soupero-pps club bro. U earned it $$$
          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Idk how kthx gets added into a game. I understand he's Izor's "partner," but clearly the guy is only good at trolling the forums. Don't know what quicksands leadership is smoking. Pretty funny stuff though.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
              Idk how kthx gets added into a game. I understand he's Izor's "partner," but clearly the guy is only good at trolling the forums. Don't know what quicksands leadership is smoking. Pretty funny stuff though.
              Ur momma is gay.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                Didn't you quit TW? Join the BAT-Soupero-pps club bro. U earned it $$$
                I quit the game. Then I got tired of quitting the game.
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

blah didnt see you had posted one too mb
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

LOL
                    man i really laughed .. so funny , ur the best!
                    TWLD 2016 Champion
                    TWDTD champion x 3
                    Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                      blah didnt see you had posted one too mb

its cool
                      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

I'm hoping we (Penetrate) can push on now and aim for a decent play off position although our schedule for the next 4 games looks pretty tough. As for our match vs QS today it was pretty enjoyable and I didn't even realise it was so close for most of the match as momentum was generally on our side and it's fairly plain to see that QS lack any depth so the no show from Racka and Weak today made the game a bit easier for us.

The Fierce vs Thunder game showed once again that thunder seem to have developed a knack for not putting in much effort till halfway through a round and at one point a comeback looked possible had thunder been able to get one or 2 more kills at the right time and it also showed along with a few other performances from Fierce that they don't seem to be as strong as they have been in the past (although they are still pretty much favourites to win).

Despite not really watching Lego's matches Murder seems to be performing brilliantly for them so far with impressive scores despite the low win rate of Lego and I'm sure after this season he could find himself on one of the top wb squads.

Poor Spastic.
                        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

we got ezier schedule coming up at end of season watch for potenza to tear through the rankz

Comment

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
                            ur so mean i swear all u want to do is hurt ppls feelings

Comment

trooof hurts

Comment

Working...
                              X