No announcement yet.

Time to Hire Bot/Website Dev Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's that website you guys started making a year ago and spent $2000 on?

Comment

get xog'd
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

It's obvious that lack of coders hurt the zone. But there are several factors that need to be considered when hiring someone to code TWCore (Bots) for Trench Wars. TWCore is a concept by itself, people who have never played SS before won't know how the protocols work. There are many classes in TWCore that need to be learned to create a basic function in a bot. Hiring someone who plays SS is more reliable, but, they are unknown to upperstaff or they cannot be trusted so that idea is thrown out of the window. Unknown people who play SS who need access is kinda a big thing in upperstaff. Not to mention that there is still no money being generated towards TWDev as it was not allowed to use money from other sectors of the donations. So in order to do stuff, money had to be specifically made towards TWDev. I created that column and I had ideas like a TWDev fundraiser. Oh, and to have a SMS-Bot that alerted you via text about events in Trench Wars. To cover costs like this, money was needed. One thing that I was planning to do was infact hire developers externally to help WingZero for a time period. I was also emailing all former developers in hoping that they could contribute, even if it was little.

Understood it would take awhile to generate money towards TWDev because of the reputation the donations already have.

I think it is a good idea River, but the time and money that will need to be dedicated in just finding and hoping that these external developers can learn TWCore to act in helping the development of the zone is questionable.

I have no say or anything to do with the further development of TW, I don't know what is being discussed or even if there is anything in the works. Since my leaving, all my projects were dropped.

Oh, and, the day that pos fucker Cheese has any say or powers in Trench Wars, is the day the zone will have a portal to his 0 man population Distension zone. Do TW a kind act for once Cheese, and have a social life. Because I think most if not everyone, think you are some kid who has troubles irl making friends.

Miss ya'll

Comment

remember when distension mattered

me neither
          GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

don't be disliking my post cres. how about next time you go to india to fake your death you bring us back some outsourced tech support guys to do sweatshop-style dev work for us?

or you could help out yourself, too.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dezmond View Post
              It's obvious that lack of coders hurt the zone. But there are several factors that need to be considered when hiring someone to code TWCore (Bots) for Trench Wars. TWCore is a concept by itself, people who have never played SS before won't know how the protocols work. There are many classes in TWCore that need to be learned to create a basic function in a bot. Hiring someone who plays SS is more reliable, but, they are unknown to upperstaff or they cannot be trusted so that idea is thrown out of the window. Unknown people who play SS who need access is kinda a big thing in upperstaff. Not to mention that there is still no money being generated towards TWDev as it was not allowed to use money from other sectors of the donations. So in order to do stuff, money had to be specifically made towards TWDev. I created that column and I had ideas like a TWDev fundraiser. Oh, and to have a SMS-Bot that alerted you via text about events in Trench Wars. To cover costs like this, money was needed. One thing that I was planning to do was infact hire developers externally to help WingZero for a time period. I was also emailing all former developers in hoping that they could contribute, even if it was little.

Understood it would take awhile to generate money towards TWDev because of the reputation the donations already have.

I think it is a good idea River, but the time and money that will need to be dedicated in just finding and hoping that these external developers can learn TWCore to act in helping the development of the zone is questionable.

I have no say or anything to do with the further development of TW, I don't know what is being discussed or even if there is anything in the works. Since my leaving, all my projects were dropped.

Oh, and, the day that pos fucker Cheese has any say or powers in Trench Wars, is the day the zone will have a portal to his 0 man population Distension zone. Do TW a kind act for once Cheese, and have a social life. Because I think most if not everyone, think you are some kid who has troubles irl making friends.

Miss ya'll
              cool story brah but uh got some questions 4 u

1) y were u netbanned

2) y did staff axe u

3) y u still hate rasaq (actually nm this question its debatable like rasaq)
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                cool story brah but uh got some questions 4 u

1) y were u netbanned

2) y did staff axe u

3) y u still hate rasaq (actually nm this question its debatable like rasaq)
                1) I had a fight with a certain upperstaffer, which led to the apparent Dezmond trying to take over TW. They thought netbanning me would suspend my power to do something terrible, I don't think anything happened though!

2) I left before I was axed, I was suspended first which I contested. I was furious at the people involved in my suspension, one of which I thought I could trust. Boy was I wrong.

3) I'm friendly to Rasaq, he just ignored me though

Comment

Let's not derail this thread with useless crap. I'm curious to hear some current staff members and their input on this? I understand the initial stages of getting the right people would in fact take a while (at a realistic fee as well), but imo, with this process comes long-term success.

Also, I don't think I gave a rightful shoutout to a guy like WingZero, who's dedicated and continues to dedicate countless hours on helping out this zone for free (basically single-handedly, with the help of a guy like Spookedone). I wasn't trying to take any shots at wz, in case there were some misunderstandings, but merely trying to get him some help.

Anyhow, really curious to see input from some more people. Avoid the trolling here you fuks.

Comment

1) I had a fight with a certain upperstaffer, which led to the apparent Dezmond trying to take over TW. They thought netbanning me would suspend my power to do something terrible, I don't think anything happened though!

2) I left before I was axed, I was suspended first which I contested. I was furious at the people involved in my suspension, one of which I thought I could trust. Boy was I wrong.

How's a 13 year old euro boy going to take over subspace

Comment

Plonker

Comment

The funny thing is that, with a few exceptions, we know just about as much about the website's progress as you do River. Staff is notorious for having pretty poor communication skills, and this is one of them. I have brought it up at least 10 or 15 times that everyone deserves to get an update on the status of the website, at the bare minimum, monthly. I suggested weekly but evidently that was too extreme. Now it seems like monthly is too much too. So if you are looking for more information, asking staff is not the way to do it. You'll have to ask the 5 or so people that have kept promising regular updates to try to get some information out of them. And good luck, everytime I bring it up I get ?ignore'd and yelled at because they assume I'm trolling.
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

ph, i thought u were above the pile of faggots, guess i was wrong

and it sounds like a certain upperstaffer found out dezmond was a complete fraud

river, what you see isnt a thread derailment, this is an accurate microcosm of the dev situation

you have a very small number of developers for this game, and dev builds skills that most realize is usable irl
                          initially developers want to create something, and they make something they want to do, regardless of the demand for it
                          they are then tasked to something that they may not want to do, but will be useful to the zone
                          however, many leave before that, because devving is a thankless task, and someone saying thank you is not just rare, its on par with winning the lottery
                          you also have to factor in that there are also cancerous faggots that harass many members of dev, and that sometimes when everyone quits, an incompetent fool gets to be the head of dev, and then mismanages every project, starts putting his name on everything, insults members of dev, and then gets fired when someone discovers just how dumb he really is

you also have fools in charge that drop $2000 on a website layout when dev has already been killed, and the one person that will actually get work done on the website has already realized his skills are better spent elsewhere

tl;dr
                          ppl shit on dev, then cry when nothing gets done

and im not sure that even paying someone to dev will get them to work for you idiots
                          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

re: pile of faggots

#cantbeatemjoinem
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

RE: pile of faggots

#admittingdefeatmeanstheyrebetterthanyou
                              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I can't believe you actually used microcosm in a sentence, what a huge faggot.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X