Time to Hire Bot/Website Dev Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

r u done, was important 2 find out y dezmond (a coder) was fired

stop making excuses for staff....they should address legit threads even if trolling exists in it
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

cres, dez was incompetent and got axed
        case closed
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

He didn't try coding distension, that makes him better than other coders instantly.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'll go ahead and address just about any issue you bring up cres. I don't give a shit, this communication fuckup between staff and players needs to be fixed, so I'll go ahead and start. Fire away,
            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

There's like 4 ppl in this zone who're dedicated enough to put consistent effort day in n out. No one cares enough. You have the spontaneous "fuck yeah Im gonna fix this whole zone i got many ideas" people but they die off in a day or 2 because they realize no one else gives a fuck and join them.
              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Ps. get ads on sites like N4G and kotaku, gamers look at these sites daily.

Dezmond pretty much summed up the situation in terms of coders. If you want efficient coders, then you got to find the coders in the community we have already.

1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                  ph, i thought u were above the pile of faggots, guess i was wrong
                  there comes a time when it's no longer worth trying to push the boulder uphill.

everyone is up in arms about how desperately the zone needs to be saved, yet the bulk of the visible donation money is just going into dumb cash events (and the pockets of longtime players, since no one else ever wins said events). i say "visible" because supposedly $2000 has been invested in a mysterious new web site that is impossible to get updates on, and is going to end up being a colossal waste of time and funds anyway if it's ever rolled out because the game associated with it has sunken to pathetic depths. this is a serious case of money mismanagement.

these same people who cry out for a savior continue to plaster the game and its social outlets with garbage that's going to make any newcomer with two functional brain cells promptly do a 180 and hightail it. this game is absolutely not fun for a new player in its present state, in gameplay or in the community sense.

i don't post or moderate much here anymore because even this environment is terrible now. every attempt to inject character, take out obvious trash or even perform routine maintenance is delayed, ignored or canned entirely by the powers that be, or ruined by a few specific abusive people, reducing us to the same old inmates-running-the-prison scenario. said powers that be let our .net domain expire not long ago, and have let our vbulletin license go unused despite the fact that we are several versions behind on forum software. we aren't going to get far when the high and mighty are this apathetic, no matter what we do.

this, though, is what it boils down to: the blame doesn't fall entirely upon the few e-powerful people who have made a series of bad decisions to get us to this point. everyone from pure_luck all the way down to heisman has had a hand in making this bed since 1999, yet most of you won't man up and take responsibility for it. you forged this xenophobic, clique-oriented community full of people who speak their own idiotic pseudo-languages, go as far as pretending to quit/die for attention, pathetically attempt to troll from the basements of their parents' suburban homes, and would sooner soak their scrotum in hydrofluoric acid than treat a new player like what he is: a human being trying to have fun playing a video game.

this problem goes beyond tw. in fact, i believe it's even worse in other zones. but that doesn't make it ok for tw to be like this. there is no such thing as a newbie-friendly zone anymore, and things like learning curves play little to no part in that. it's the environment itself. as a new player, if i enter the game and am immediately hit with an epidemic and a screen full of "ez" and "rofl newb" while my ship is crippled, i'm leaving. call that a ragequit if you want, but this zone has lost all sense of class, dignity and identity. as certain decisions are made, i become more and more convinced that tw is never going to be restored to its former glory. on the contrary, i believe it's just being pushed closer to its death.

cite league of legends, starcraft 2, et al. as reasons for this game's steady decline into oblivion all you like, but if you want to find the true culprit, your accusatory fingers should not point anywhere outside the gates of this community. funds are being mismanaged, new players can't win the stupid cash events and are treated like shit at the hands of uppity veterans who are legitimately proud of having wasted 10+ years of their lives on a computer game, and the fun gameplay that used to make up for the terrible attitude of the player base is long gone. to top it all off, new development has all but come to a grinding halt because of people struggling for e-power.

staff cares less about fixing this and more about punishing people who say nigger on the internet. granted it takes a real idiot to say nigger on the internet to look tough, and they should be punished for it, but guess what? new players aren't going to see the word in the first place because they don't know about ?obscene. you're not making the game any more fun for them by silencing/banning a tough internet racist. get your priorities straight. new players leave because the gameplay sucks, period. pub has been reduced to spawning marathons and battles of nitwits with item purchases bound to their macros.

maybe a few new players find a way to survive the nightmare that is pub and graduate to twd now and then, but the zone used to have something that reached out and grabbed you and made you stay, even if it was just in pub. that addictive quality is gone. i don't recognize tw anymore, and i'd come to the conclusion that there are much better things to do with my time if i spent even a couple of minutes analyzing the zone as a newcomer.

in before paradise chimes in with "NiCe EsSaY nEgAtIvE nAnCy".
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                  Originally posted by the_paul
                  Gargle battery acid fuckface
                  Originally posted by Material Girl
                  I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

couldnt have said it better myself
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

At least we still have mafia

Comment

I think ph's post deserved more than just my "like"... Everybody points their greedy little fingers at staff for everything. While some (alot) of it is justified there is no 1 group of people at fault for the current state of the game. While it should be common knowledge at this point that I've earned some trolling for myself recently, I literally cannot perform a single action in game anymore without being trolled by some random nobody about something they don't even understand. Just today I logged on and was immediately bombarded by 8-10 players in pub rioting because I ruined killothon, when I actually have absolutely nothing to do with those changes at all. fiS is getting trolled by cres because very few if any of those 50+ people she recruited stuck around. Do you really think that is her fault or a result of the community you guys have created for yourself? It really does feel like we have the absolute worst people possible populating our pub who make it their sole purpose in life to ruin the experience of other players.

Also, stop posting suggestions "go advertise at THIS website", and just go fucking do it yourself. You don't need to be a SMod to help this zone. If you need money to advertise somewhere then contact 24. If he won't work with you then come to me and I will pay for it out of my own pocket if I have to. There's plenty of people like me that have and will continue to bend over backwards for the good of this zone, but at the same time there's plenty of people that are standing in my way out of personal spite (Hi poid). I have little faith remaining in our population, but maybe with a little luck we can pull a miracle out of our ass and get a few more years out of our zone, because at our current rate (I've said it before recenly), enjoy the last few months of gaming we have left together.
                        1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                        Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

if you actually feel strongly enough, polix has managed to produce actual results with funds, and has gotten +1000 client downloads
                          so even if one more person downloads the game, then me crosslinking the info to you faggots will be worth it
                          http://www.subspace.co/topic/26314-a...test-facebook/

and if you are too dumb to cooperate with him, you could at least talk to him so the idiots running tw can do it for themselves

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

What PH and LF said pretty much sums it up for me, everyone should first have a good look at themselves before they start blaming staff again for things that we can't do anything about. While we're still fighting to keep this game alive and the standards up to a decent amount, it's hard to get new players into this zone and get them to stick around, because they will be immediately driven away by our community of players not giving a shit and doing their own thing 24/7, while complaining on the forums about the downgrade of our zone and staff being the cause of that. If you actually want to make a difference, look at yourself, how can you contribute to this game and this zone in a better way? If you really want to save this zone from dying all together, what can you do to stop it? I can truly say that all staffers are open for good suggestions and ideas, but starting another flame thread on the forums isn't the way to go. Do you have a good idea on how to get new players into the game? Talk to us in game. Do you have a good idea on how to improve the current gameplay, make it better for new players to play in and stick around? Talk to us in game. I can say for myself I'm always open for discussion with everyone, it doesn't matter to me if it's a relatively unknown player or people who have been around for years. I'm trying to be open for communication with everyone and every staffer intends to do the same and give out good communication to the public as well. But when another flame thread starts about literally nothing or someone just seeking attention, that won't give us much to work with.

River, your idea of involving outside coders to code for TW is a good one, and one we have obviously already discussed within staff aswell. But like DF has mentioned, and others as well, you need someone from the community itself, with a good understanding of how the game works and what the zone needs. Sure we could get some outside coders to do little basic things for us, but we could just do that ourselves aswell, and 200% faster and cheaper too.

As far as the communication part concerns between staff and the public, that will always be a concern, no matter how much we try to change that (and we are trying). As staff we like to communicate good results with you obviously, you much rather would like to hear 'oh that idea has been implemented now, that bot feature has been added!' instead of 'no sorry we haven't been able to work on that yet', or 'we dont have the coders to make that happen yet'. As far as the website concerns, the lack of TW specific coders is exactly the problem we are facing at the moment. The frontend of the website is up and ready to go (just a simple case of testing it out, adding actual content, etc, which we are forming a team together for at the moment), but the backend involves a lot of specific TW coding like all TW subsites (TWL,TWD, TWDT, statistics, pub, javduel/wbduel/ etc) which we currently don't have a coder available for yet, so we're stuck at that part. Trust me when I say we are trying to get that solved, but it takes time more than anything atm. Hiring an external coder for that is an option but like I said, they don't have the feel with TW, it will take them a lot of learning and guidance to understand TW specific coding ánd a lot of money aswell. You guys are easy to say we're throwing money away, so we're not rushing into decisions like this and waste money on external coders when we can (hopefully) find a good solution for it within our own group of TWDev coders or the community.

If you want to help out? Give us positive feedback, criticism we can do something with, contact a group leader (for example, 24 if you have good ideas about promotion/saving the game/advertising/helping with the site etc) and share your ideas and offer your willingness to help us.
                            Ofcourse there are a lot of other ways to help us out as well, and the zone in general. Be kind to new players, try to help them and get them to stick around, talk about mature things in public instead of what bs discussions we usually see happening in public. Duel them, help them improve their skills, try to get them under your wing in a (TWD) squad and actually involved in the game, so it gives them a reason to stick around too. I can list a lot of simple things you can do yourself, so just think and ask yourself what YOU, as normal player, can do and give back to the zone so it will still be alive for years to come.
                            Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                            24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                            1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Riverside <ZH>
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Want to see more coders in the game you love ? Want to see more coolio things being done?!? Like Pnus?

1) Pick up a goddamn Java book from your local library.
                                2) Get on botdev chat and just ask questions and bam! You've got yourself a working bot!
                                3) ????
                                4) jerk off using rend's bangbros acct

edit: if u haf any experience doing anything with programming you already overqualified...i mean holy hell we got guy named Eria working on bots for crying out loud, guy's got the IQ of wet pocket lint.
                                4:BigKing> xD
                                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Working...
                                X