Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum error

Hello,

Since yesterday I'm getting an error message and a virus message when I open Continuum. I can't open the game.

I downloaded the game again installed it, but getting the same message. This a known problem? and Anything I can do about it?

what do the error/virus messages say exactly? Might want to try right clicking continuum and selecting "run as administrator"

Comment

Error Message:

unable to execute file

Continuum.exe

CreateProcess failed; Code 5

Virus message:

Found: Luhe.Ramnit -corrupted

I tried it to open as administrator, but i'm getting the same messages

Comment

Looks like others have the same problem: http://www.subspace.co/topic/26357-virus/

They say it's a false positive from AVG.

From Xog: You need to uninstall whatever continuum you have and reinstall it. It's not a virus and AVG is only unsure if it is. It's just a false-positive as has been stated previously in this thread. You are getting weird errors because AVG removed whatever part of continuum it thought was the virus and the result is missing files, so Continuum will produce errors when you try to open it. What you need to do is open AVG and add Continuum to your exceptions after reinstalling the client:

AVG - Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Anti-Virus -> Resident-Shield -> Exceptions

Comment

oh, oops didn't notice that there already was a thread, but thanks for your help! works good now

Comment

who uses AV besides ppl new to the internet

Comment

burnt 4 staff
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Spyre dumb as fk.
                Superman don't need no seat belt.

-Muhammad Ali

TWDT-D, TWDT-J, TWDT-B Champion 2011. Yes am this gud.

Mafia XLIV: Bound By Honor - Champion (Inmate)

Comment

Hah I have the same error. No more continuum for me!
                  (Children)>hunted for life
                  (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                  :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

This was all over the TW facebook group as well, people having trouble with it.
                    sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                    1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

AVG reading continuum.exe as a threat

Been using AVG for quiet some time, but a few days ago all of a sudden its starting to read continuum.exe as Luhe.Ramnit-Corrupted, and keeps moving it to the vault even after i label it safe, seriously wtf.

Comment

Happening to me too actually. Dunno what's up.
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Yeah i've been having the same problem, it was pissing me off cuz resident shield wouldn't grant me the access to open the game

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                            They say it's a false positive from AVG.

From Xog: You need to uninstall whatever continuum you have and reinstall it. It's not a virus and AVG is only unsure if it is. It's just a false-positive as has been stated previously in this thread. You are getting weird errors because AVG removed whatever part of continuum it thought was the virus and the result is missing files, so Continuum will produce errors when you try to open it. What you need to do is open AVG and add Continuum to your exceptions after reinstalling the client:

AVG - Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Anti-Virus -> Resident-Shield -> Exceptions
                            "To report a false positive, just send an email to virus@avg.com and indicate where the file can be obtained and any other relevent detail. Continuum often gets marked as malware, but it's almost always a false positive. I do know that AVG has recently updated something causing it to wrongly identify Continuum, so you shouldn't be alarmed."

Comment

Turns out it works again.
                              (Children)>hunted for life
                              (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                              :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Working...
                              X