Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't play anymore

Hi,

since a few weeks i have a strange problem. when i have installed a driver for ATI radeon graphics i cant enter game anymore, when i connect to trechwars and it is entering the zone, my pc reboots without any error message. if the driver is not installed i can play as usual. i have not installed any new hard- or software. i already tried it with formatting my HDD and reinstalling win xp --> problem still exist, so i guess it has to do with zone update? i remember that the first time that was happening i had to download a zone update when i was entering trenchwars. i never had this problem before...
    any suggestions??

greetz!

sounds like a video card driver & d3d interface error
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

and what can i do to make i work again?

Comment

weird

short answer is i dont have a fucking clue - check stabwounds sticky on this forum for good settings

if it were me i'd try going into the advanced options on continuum and using software emulation and messing about with those other options, failing that rolling back your ati drivers

i dont play the game anymore and dont know about the zone update, if you've any custom mods or settings it might be a good idea to just reinstall the game incase there is a conflict with the update and even the last couple of years i played i was on linux so i could be talking out of my arse - i had no problems with a ati radeon 4670
        Last edited by Pressure Drop; 04-11-2012, 05:37 PM. Reason: oops actualy read your post :P
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Can you give us more detailed system specs?

What video card in particular do you have?

What version of catalyst did you install? (vid card drivers)

And lastly, what do you have set for Continuum options? Resolution and color depth as well as advanced options?
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

SYSTEM:
            cpu amd athlon x2 4200+
            motherboard asus m2n-e
            ddr-sdram 2GB
            video card ati radeon hd 5770 (sapphire)

the stange thing is i dont have changed something on my system, continuum always worked, and now from one on the other day it doesn't work anymore?! :\

video driver: i used 11.12, i also tried the newer 12.3 version... doesn't work.

continuum options: res. 1280x1024 x 32 (thats the same i use in windows),
            under advanced options everything is unchecked.

Comment

ok... it works now.
              thx pressure drop! i checked the software emulation under advanced options. but why the hell i had not to do that earlier?? :/

Comment

It could be that your newer driver version changed some settings you were unaware of, in 'older' games like Continuum this could cause conflicts with your video card and drivers which is why we also have a nifty setting called software emulation which PD pointed out nicely. Good to see you playing again!
                Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Just run continuum in compatibility mode for windows 98 or xp or something.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i, too, have a radeon hd 5770 (mine's an xfx). i've had problems as well with continuum. ati's drivers don't play nice with 2d. i either have to run in compatibility mode or use software emu.

don't expect ati to ever give a damn about fixing the issue either, heh.

anyway, glad you got it fixed.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Khetzal View Post
                      ok... it works now.
                      thx pressure drop! i checked the software emulation under advanced options. but why the hell i had not to do that earlier?? :/
                      Nice as long as it's working it's all good :P

i remember wondering why i got better performance with software emulation ticked than unticked as it was counter-intuitive, ultimately it could be newer graphics cards or graphic card drivers dropping support for things like direct draw and relying on direct x. (if you look at ati drivers it's the same drivers for all their modern cards, if certain models deal with old games differently it could be that) I'm not sure about it all i remember having a conversation with someone that did on Camisade but that was too technical for me. basically if you've a steady FPS and can blast some spaceships it's better to concentrate on that ^_^
                      In my world,
                      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Keep your posts related to this topic, if you want to post unrelated pictures go take a look at the Useless Crap Subforum. -M_M
                        Last edited by M_M God; 04-14-2012, 05:07 PM.
                        (Children)>hunted for life
                        (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                        :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme View Post
                          Keep your posts related to this topic, if you want to post unrelated pictures go take a look at the Useless Crap Subforum. -M_M
                          What a cry baby

Comment

so i tried to set up an xp vm so i could test this issue out (since i have the same vid card as the OP), but i couldn't get the damn thing running. now bear in mind, i only setup the "windows xp mode" which is included in win7 pro. i might have better luck if i used a real vm like virtualbox, and i'll probably try that at a later date when i have the time.

but anyway, i kept getting this error that said something to the effect of "this name has been locked out of the zone. contact the zone administrator yadda yadda yadda."

anyone ever encounter this before?

i did a a fresh install of the client from within the vm, btw.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

You're holding me back M_M

Not unlike this http://i.imgur.com/XcDBm.jpg

That one was actually funny, so i'll keep your link to it intact, but still, in the wrong section. Cut it out.
                              Last edited by M_M God; 04-15-2012, 07:17 AM.
                              (Children)>hunted for life
                              (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                              :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Working...
                              X