• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyway, thx to u all for the help. now i have my wb back

@jason: i dont have any clue...

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
      so i tried to set up an xp vm so i could test this issue out (since i have the same vid card as the OP), but i couldn't get the damn thing running. now bear in mind, i only setup the "windows xp mode" which is included in win7 pro. i might have better luck if i used a real vm like virtualbox, and i'll probably try that at a later date when i have the time.

but anyway, i kept getting this error that said something to the effect of "this name has been locked out of the zone. contact the zone administrator yadda yadda yadda."

anyone ever encounter this before?

i did a a fresh install of the client from within the vm, btw.
      dunno

could be something to do with the anti cheating security, reminds be of some of the problems running it under wine as the game wouldn't work with the standard wine but needed a patch due to this

http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php...uum_under_Wine

If connecting to a zone causes you to login as ^Banned, please run winecfg, select the Drives tab, select C:, Show Advanced, and make sure the Serial: value is set to a random number greater than 2000.

When Continuum runs, one of the first things it does is create another process of itself with some privileges restricted, such as the ability to call OpenProcess. When the child process attempts to repeat this step, it receives an error that OpenProcess failed, which tells the process that it is the child. The child process then proceeds to run the game.
      Since Wine does not properly emulate this parent-child security, this source modification is necessary to get Continuum to run under Wine.
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X