Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Higher-Than-Raazi's Idea (to get more bang for the buck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Higher-Than-Raazi's Idea (to get more bang for the buck)

Randomly this idea popped into my head, to make it so that you (as a single player) need to play in a certain number of TWL matches to even qualify for a TWL medal (given that your squad actually wins a particular league).

What to do: Enforce a rule that requires each squad member to play a certain number of TWL games before they can even be considered eligible for a TWL medal, given that their squad actually wins whatever league. Or, you could even break it down by specific leagues and require a squad member to play a certain number of games in a particular league if they are to even to be considered eligible for getting a medal in that league (given that their squad wins).

What it does: It prevents individuals from joining the same squad just to ride the bench and win a TWL medal that they did not even contribute to (like myself).

Why: Because you're no longer awarding the TWL medals to ANYONE on the TWL roster, but only to those in a particular squad who contributed to that squad's success.

Potential problems/limitations: (1) Deciding on the number of games necessary to be played by a squad member (at minimum) to be considered for a TWL medal, (2) deciding whether to break it down by specific leagues (i.e., the number of TWLD games would determine if one is eligible for a TWLD medal) or not, (3) convincing those who are semi-active or substitute players to accept this rule, (4) those who don't play enough in TWL probably don't even care about winning (or being considered "eligible" for) a medal, and (5) top squads will still remain top squads because they'll have the top lines (however, we also potentially create more squads...or at least spread out the talent to other squads....which would ultimately lead to additional squads again....aka, more competition).

Potential benefit: For those who do care a little more, and aren't part of a squad's top line (or even substitutes who know they wouldn't get enough TWL playing time on a certain squad), would be more inclined to join a different squad because they want to at least be eligible to winning a TWL medal since that'd probably be their main reason for initially joining that stacked squad.

So what ur saying is that the people that twd a ton with their squad to qualify for twl but aren't good enough to be in their squad's top twl line and don't get to play in twl don't get a medal? That's dumb p.s. I didn't read past the first couple sentences

Comment

It's a pretty solid idea, there are a few things I wish to say:

-Captains could choose additional players for the A1 list
      -People who are active in other leagues would still be eligible for, say a twld medal even though they aren't playing in that league
      -People will still probably stack because lineups aren't really determined before twl starts (or maybe they are but you could probably hope to get in a few games vs. newbies.)
      -Some people probably don't give a damn (like many on Real) and will just sit there on the roster
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
        It's a pretty solid idea, there are a few things I wish to say:

-Captains could choose additional players for the A1 list
        -People who are active in other leagues would still be eligible for, say a twld medal even though they aren't playing in that league
        -People will still probably stack because lineups aren't really determined before twl starts (or maybe they are but you could probably hope to get in a few games vs. newbies.)
        -Some people probably don't give a damn (like many on Real) and will just sit there on the roster
        Those are actually some great suggestions. For your first suggestion, I definitely like the idea of captains being able to select an additional number of squad members to be included to the A1 list. For your second suggestion, I still think that only players active in a particular league should be eligible for that league's medal. But, like you said in your first suggestion, they can still be included in the A1 list (if chosen by the captain; or it could be kept the same and all those on the TWL roster could be added onto A1, but just not everyone receives the actual medal by their name). Your third comment is true, however, this plan would serve as a method to encourage squads to determine their lines before entering TWL (the chief purpose of TWD). The fourth comment is true, that's one of the plan's problems....the fact of the matter is that some people just don't care. Many of the people who Raazi is targeting in the other thread consist of this particular population, those who are pretty indifferent.

Comment

$500 spacebux to tha wb squad that gives me a blue medal
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

From Raazi's thread [I actually posted this before finding out you made this thread]:

Originally posted by MaGi kOz View Post
            How about every player on a roster is only allowed to play in one [or two] games per TWL Season (one game per lj/ld/lb)? Captains will have to submit their rosters a few days before the weekend that will later be publicly viewed so that captains can make changes to their line up when given the chance to before the game starts. Captains will have to spread their top line up throughout the season and learn to mix and match while players will have to learn how to play with everyone else on the roster instead of people just sitting on the bench not contributing but getting all the benefits.

Comment

Working...
            X