Adding Sharking MVP in TWBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Sharking MVP in TWBD

I don't shark, but would be nice to include them in the MVP race I think!

Maybe a formula such as:

[(Kills x 1k) x (RPD/3.0)] - (TKs x 1k) + (Teks x 3k) = rating

So a shark has a great game, 30 kills, 3 teks, 2 TKs, 2.8 RPD, he gets: 35k rating

(30 x 2.8RPD = 28) - (2 TKs = 26) + (3 teks = 35) = 35k

A shark has a (statistically) bad game, 7 kills, 0 teks, 8 TKs, 2.4 RPD, he gets: -3k rating

(7 x 2.4RPD = 5) - (8 TKs = -3) + (0 teks = -3) = -3k rating

Average game, 15 kills, 1 tek, 3 TKs, 2.7 RPD, he gets:

(15 x. 2.7RPD = 13) - (3TKS = 10) + (1 tek = 11) = 11k rating

I think that ceiling's pretty reasonably so terrs/spiders still win most of the time, but if there's a strong attacking shark performance and no crazy spider/terr rec then it gives sharks a well-earned MVP. i looked around for some high shark games, one of the highest I found was cripple with 42 kills, 2.9 RPD, 5 TKs, 6 Teks, which is pretty ridiculous, and that's still only 53k rating, but manages to beat a 127-57 spider for MVP with 39k rating -- whereas really high spider/terr scores range from 40 to 90k rating (for instance, shaydes 176-45 last month has an 85k rating, and trasher's 45-1 in terr was worth 69k)

just a thought!
    top 100 basers list

muh boy claus goin HARD wif da KomPLEX Mathematics!

Def a pretty solid idea. But, I don't think sharks should be given an mvp unless they really take over the game with TeKs. Spids and terrs should still have the biggest shot at getting it. However, would be great to see shark's with monster games getting there well-deserved mvps!

also, shayde? wanna RELAX with those 160+ games? jesus christ....
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

It's a nice idea but I don't think it'd work. A shark can get a 3.1 rpd 18 kills 3 tek 3 tks in a 23 minute game if he tries hard enough and still is on the losing team. Sure his stats look goof but chances are he wasn't protecting his team very much

Comment

And I think it would encourage sharks to play for themselves. I wish there was a way to make this work but I don't think there is

Comment

Originally posted by menomena View Post
          Sure his stats look goof but chances are he wasn't protecting his team very much
          as opposed to spids who MVP by camping?
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
            as opposed to spids who MVP by camping?

Idk I think they're still doing more for their team as a whole than a shark that's playing for himself. Not that I like campers mvping.

Comment

i dont recall if the bots track damage inflicted, but if there is perhaps lower damage dealt would influence a shark's rating. thats the only way i know to really measure how well a shark repelled for his team, and doesnt work only if you're playing against like 4 jeromes in spider cuz they would miss everything anyways
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

The one thing that should definitely change there is how you factor in RPD. I think getting a high RPD, like 2.9 or 3.0, should be weighted much more heavily. According to that formula a shark that goes from 2.3 RPD to 2.6 RPD has improved just as much as a shark going from 2.7 RPD to 3.0 RPD. Whatever scale there is, it shouldn't be linear.
                LUE 402 >>> j00
                Ha ha HA. Not to scale.

Comment

what does it matter if the sharks start playing for rec? There is an implied disclaimer of "Don't forget about your team, dumbass." . I think with this new weighting system you'll probably see more sharks changing some of their styles. Although some will argue "blah blah i've been playing this game for years. I'm not going to change up my style now." , I was able to change my javing style in the span of something like a summer. That was purely through dicking around with singles in baseelim.
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Spiders and terrs have an added bonus in this game by shooting for the MVP, everyone tries to win, but the possibility of getting MVP makes the game that much more interesting for them. Even a 6v6 game against a newb squad can be fun because you are competing against your teammates for the mvp. Sharks on the other hand have nothing to do except defend and essentially become offensive linemen who get nothing from the announcers and fans besides the quiet satisfaction of knowing their QB is able to fuck the prom queen solely due to their thankless and unacknowledged work. The only time they get their names in the papers is when they let some jav named domi sack tim with a minute left for a game winning safety.

Even a slight chance at getting mvp might make people want to play this ship more and realize there is more to it than rep rep rep die. 1/4 of the players of an 8v8 game are sharks and they ought to have another reason to bite the bullet and play in a ship that gets no bullets. So I think this is a great idea and believe menomena should go suck a fat dong. Also, mattey will be pissed which is great cuz to him rpd means nothing when in fact it means you are better than people who don't know how to time their reps and attaches effectively in order to avoid doas that are in fact avoidable. Sharks will be rewarded ever so slightly for grabbing that extra green for the extra reps in order to prevail. I have sharked over10000 games and received and expected 0 mvps and I approve of this message. Also, mattey cheated on his girlfriend.

Comment

cud make RPD more valuable. MVP has never really been an accurate gauge of who was the "real" mvp, as camping spiders/other factors are indicative of, it's just for fun. this isn't a measure of if a shark was truly the best player on the field -- the statistics can't calculate that. but at least it gives sharks a chance to be part of the equation
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Vati is the greatest
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                          So I think this is a great idea and believe menomena should go suck a fat dong.
                          Im really sad with you plz say sorry

Comment

edit your post to talk about how awesome this idea is and i will reconsider

Comment

Is there anyway for me to find twd games from the past
                              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X