Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bandcampgirl View Post
    agreed with the op

wtf are the retards running, er ruining, this game doing?

take away killothon that everyone had fun with supposedly because it hurt basing (wtf 10 minutes an hour?? ) and leave the levs that ruin it all the time
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Pinkstar obviously doesn't play pub because old levs destroy any chance of a fair game. I have played about 1/5th less than I usually would since this garbage change. If you can't tell, there have been no good pub basing games since this change has been made...

How is it fair that I can get killed a screen away by some newbie in a lev with horrible aim. This change has basically made lev bombs virtually unavoidable. Many people who actually play pub feel the same way, it is obvious. Pinkstar, people were already complaining of LTs being too powerful so you enhance their power - BRILLIANT!

Comment

the underlying problem

Ari's base (the original) has been soiled.

You can't just take a well-thought-out base and make oblivious edits to it. Especially not in such a sloppy of fashion as the current pub base has been subjected to. It's a train wreck. It has to be stopped/reverted.

This IS a big problem. What grinds my gears is that this problem can easily be resolved, and forever avoided.

It's common sense to me.

My 2 cents:
        1: Restore Ari's original base.
        2: Host basing in various player-submitted bases at peak hours (or test in pub one weekend each month) until a solid and well-thought-out base is created.
        ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
        ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
        ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

People will never be pleased, no matter what you do. Demonic is right, pub is for fun.. If you really want to get into organized basing/game, get in a squad and BD or try to get people in ?go base.

People are free in pub, you can't force them to do what YOU want.

Maybe it's time to downsize the map in pub ? Just a suggestion..
          TW Bot Developer
          TW Web Developer
          Friends> All I saw was arobas+
          Friends> It's like death

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
            People will never be pleased, no matter what you do. Demonic is right, pub is for fun.. If you really want to get into organized basing/game, get in a squad and BD or try to get people in ?go base.

when its an 8v8 game with 10/16 of the players in spawn, the map feels entirely too big. That's when it needs to be downsized. Clearly this whole map and base was designed for at least a 11v11 game.
            4:BigKing> xD
            4:Best> i'm leaving chat
            4:BigKing> what did i do???
            4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
            4:BigKing> ???? why though
            4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post

Actually downsizing the map is probably not a bad idea at all!! Or at least give the option to downsize, similar to elim, if a certain # of ppl are in game, doors open etc..

Comment

Downsizing pub? Smaller the arena = more action and less running. (like I tend to do) Sounds like a groovy idea.

Do it. Gosh.
                "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

what about the inevitable clusterfuck when its 17v17 or even the 24v24 like two nights ago?
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

bring back !buy superlev, or keep the sides entrances to base open indefinitely. 2 levs in base with 47 total people in arena kinda killed the basing

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                      what about the inevitable clusterfuck when its 17v17 or even the 24v24 like two nights ago?
                      Clusterfuck = FUN. The more people running around in close quarters shooting eachother the better.

Not to mention makes it easier to kill with the X.

Amen
                      - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

I think LTs should probably be more discouraged than they are now though I am definitely not anti-lev by any means. One thing to consider is making it harder for levs to go to safe, have a terr change teams and die to power the lev up and then switch back to LT. If LTing happened as a result of levs actually powering up to 20 legitimately, I think it would prevent a lot of the abuse. Implementing that might be tough though.

Comment

Originally posted by hellmouth View Post
                          I think LTs should probably be more discouraged than they are now though I am definitely not anti-lev by any means. One thing to consider is making it harder for levs to go to safe, have a terr change teams and die to power the lev up and then switch back to LT. If LTing happened as a result of levs actually powering up to 20 legitimately, I think it would prevent a lot of the abuse. Implementing that might be tough though.
                          Hey, You actually said something useful/relevant.

I second the motion.
                          - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

I think one way and possibly the only way to implement this might be to have a 2 kill requirement for levs to attach to terrs.

Comment

That still wouldn't solve the problem, because then we would be back to where we started.

Maybe make it so you can't attach to anybody you have killed in the last 10 minutes.....
                              - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

what do you think about adding a feature that will reward ppl hunting weasels? like we can hund lts now. a little "player XxX has killed 5 weasels +100$" or something to make ppl actually pay attention to radar, maybe after round end announcement "most weasel kills" or so. personally i find it quite fun to go after them when they try to rush to roof and go trhu tiny holes before i get to them.

or just take the cloack off ty ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X