Killing my fun in pub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make levs require higher bty to attach
    also, prevent levs from buying things if they are under attach boubty (to prevent them from just buying greens to get bty)
    Former TW Staff

Comment

I think the issue is with private frequency LTs and not LTs. It is simply too easy to form a private frequency LT and completely ruin a good base game. The private frequency LT has no vested interest in even trying to get the flag room, they simply are there to bomb the shit out of the teamwork that made TW what it is. LTs that are a part of a frequency trying to take the FR has the counter balance of not teamkilling their entire team (or at least very often) and motive other then ruining a good game for the majority of players.
      eph

Comment

so in other words, no private freq levis fixes alot

or... no private freqs at all

i always did like pure pub
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post
          what do you think about adding a feature that will reward ppl hunting weasels? like we can hund lts now. a little "player XxX has killed 5 weasels +100$" or something to make ppl actually pay attention to radar, maybe after round end announcement "most weasel kills" or so. personally i find it quite fun to go after them when they try to rush to roof and go trhu tiny holes before i get to them.

or just take the cloack off ty ^_^
          Hell no!!! wtf that is crazy talk.
          LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
            I think the issue is with private frequency LTs and not LTs. It is simply too easy to form a private frequency LT and completely ruin a good base game. The private frequency LT has no vested interest in even trying to get the flag room, they simply are there to bomb the shit out of the teamwork that made TW what it is. LTs that are a part of a frequency trying to take the FR has the counter balance of not teamkilling their entire team (or at least very often) and motive other then ruining a good game for the majority of players.
            eph
            yes, the base game is currently ruined. This would help. If not this SOMETHING needs to be done
            LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

I like Spocks idea of a 10 minute wait period before you can attach to someone you have killed.

Comment

Originally posted by hellmouth View Post
                I like Spocks idea of a 10 minute wait period before you can attach to someone you have killed.

So then the support for the LT feeds the lev rather than the terr. What does that accomplish except making them have larger LTing freqs?

I like the idea of having pure pub with our smaller population. It's waaaaay too ez for one LT to destroy the whole pub experience. This isn't to say that we shouldn't have LT pub days occasionally or something like that but I do think we should look at encouraging LTs to work with their large main freqs to defend and attack the base.
                Fuck it.

Comment

Once again a good, competitive base game ruined by a private freq LT whos only purpuse was to 'have fun' at the expense of everyone else in the pub. What surprises me is that most of the time these priv freq LTs are player who are staff or are 'vets'. So how does this work. Does one player contact the other player and say, 'hey look a great game with intense lag room fight is oging on, let see if me can fly around and crush what little fun is left in TW' while other guy says, 'yeah lets only consider our fun and ignore that this is supposed to be a game about teamwork'?
                  Since neither the 'vets' or 'staff' seems to give a shit how about someone with an IQ over 90 and enough vision to see past their own 'fun' and fix this issue by disallowing priv freq LTs?
                  epg

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                    Once again a good, competitive base game ruined by a private freq LT whos only purpuse was to 'have fun' at the expense of everyone else in the pub. What surprises me is that most of the time these priv freq LTs are player who are staff or are 'vets'. So how does this work. Does one player contact the other player and say, 'hey look a great game with intense lag room fight is oging on, let see if me can fly around and crush what little fun is left in TW' while other guy says, 'yeah lets only consider our fun and ignore that this is supposed to be a game about teamwork'?
                    Since neither the 'vets' or 'staff' seems to give a shit how about someone with an IQ over 90 and enough vision to see past their own 'fun' and fix this issue by disallowing priv freq LTs?
                    epg
                    Yeah I was there, Eph. It was pretty shitty. Although priv freq LTs were always allowed to roam free, there were always people with antiwarp and whole groups hunting them. When its like 14 v 14, with 8/9 people already in spawn area messing around, there is hardly anyone to hunt the LT.

Let it be known, I don't particularly mind the levs that are in base and firing down their usual alley. Maybe even set up a timer for levs. Give them 5 seconds of attach time to be moved from one place to the next by a terr.

We all should know by now that no one will ever be satisfied, but we should do a basic cost-benefit analysis. Allowing priv freq LTs leads to small groups jerking themselves off and the rest of pub opening wide. Not allowing priv freq LTs, leads to a collect few with their usual complaints.
                    4:BigKing> xD
                    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                    4:BigKing> what did i do???
                    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                    4:BigKing> ???? why though
                    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Preventing levs from going on private freqs would really help, maybe make it so you have to have more bounty too.
                      But taking away priv freqs would not be a good idea because then how would the rebels show their individuality?

With a smaller pub it would increase action and not so much empty space. If you want to avoid spawning problems, just make it so you spawn in a safe zone....or something!

Amen.
                      "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                      - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

But then again. Whats the point of bickering and blabbing to eachother. We all know the staff will sit on their lazy asses and do nothing until the population goes down to around 3 players.
                        "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                        - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

The only problem I have with LTs is when terrs switch freqs and let lev teammates kill them to avoid the bounty requirement. If they couldn't do that, they wouldn't be nearly as annoying

Comment

The problem with disallowing priv freq LTs is that it won't stop the underlying problem. The group that is dedicated to LTs will simply do the same thing they have been doing, just on a public freq instead of a priv, or in other words, they will continue to just lob bombs at base without actually trying to help their freq win the base.

I don't really think that there is a way to differentiate between using LTs for "fun" and profit, and actually using it to advance the game. (although I'm still against levis in a normal game as I've detailed in another thread, but that's beside the point)

It seems to me like the only way to prevent a small group of people from ruining basing games for everyone else, is to just remove levis entirely. Instead of completely removing them, though, I think the best idea would be to alternate between pure pub and pub with privs/levis. It could switch at midnight or very early in the morning EST during the lowest population count, or it could switch every 2-3 full basing games (not rounds.)

That way, the people that want to LT can LT, and the people that want to base can base.

Other than that, making a levi's bounty reset when it enters a safe can help to disrupt the "terr-from-LT-freq-switches-to-enemy-freq-for-feeding" thing, and give people a chance to kill the lev before it gets greened.

Comment

lets face it: the TRUE issue is their bombs have a large range of instant-death and even more area damage
                              the settings could be changed to make then more of a status effect unit rather than a death tank, lower area yet able to damage enemy ships systems
                              this would make lt's less effective, yet not useless, and not ruin use usefulness of a base levi

tl;dr- downgrade levi bombs damage/area damage/range
                              give prox, allow their bomb level to damage ships systems
                              Former TW Staff

Comment

maybe not prox... but the other stuff maybe
                                Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                                X