TWDT Ratings 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
    You see a player with a 8 or higher rating grouped with two people you never even heard of, you're going to make a pick on the group based off of what knowledge you have of the higher ranked player, thus allowing new players the opportunity to squad with people and get to know one another. Aura has his reasons and I back him up completely.
    Don't all players get drafted anyways? don't see why groups are necessary for that

Comment

Or...you could just select players individually in a snake draft because you know...it's a DRAFT league. Having someone arbitrarily set these groups before the draft begins cheapens everything. I can't think of a single positive of this grouping system. It allows new players the chance to squad with people? Really? There are other ways of making this happen without destroying the entire league.
      Phiz> I probably am gay
      Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

probably make M_M an 8 or at least higher and Ease a 10. thx

Comment

i dont think we have enoughp layers for 8 squads, id say 4 is a perfect number (face it there will be many no shows)
          lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

couldn't edit so wanted to add: jamal higher
            lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

I don't really see how these ratings are "overall higher than last season for everyone", in fact they seem mostly lower, by a lot.
              Anyway, few remarks

Eric Clapton, should be a 7
              Flared, shouldn't be more than a 7
              JAMAL, should at least be an 8
              Mikes, at least a 7
              Trasher, no more than 7
              "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
                ??? it's overall rating...

and you probably need some 9s and more 8s
                yea exactly, i didn't wanna know my overall rating, as i dont warbird/base anymore.
                TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
                TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
                TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Not every player got drafted in previous years. There was always 50-75 people sitting in waivers. Quit bitching and let this play out. Every time somebody makes changes that they believe will allow everyone to have fun, people start throwing in their opinions to deter the ones in charge. Nothing ever gets done because of that. Then when staff is sitting around "not doing anything" as some of us assume, we bitch about how they're not doing anything to improve the zone.

Comment

should have done the ratings for each individual ship as usual, this sucks and doesn't really represent peoples abilities in the leagues they focus on (I see some 5s-6s for good wbs who dont touch basing/javs?)
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                      should have done the ratings for each individual ship as usual, this sucks and doesn't really represent peoples abilities in the leagues they focus on (I see some 5s-6s for good wbs who dont touch basing/javs?)
                      The rating shouldn't be an average of your ability in 3 leagues, it should be the rating you got for the league you are best in. TWDT may conceptually be a league to judge someone's overall ability, but their overall ability may only correlate to one league (some people don't practice 2- or 3-league).

There will be people that get drafted strictly for their 1- or 2-league ability, and if this is the case they'll be playing for a cost of 5*-6* when their true worth is at a 7*-8* level. If this is supposed to be a newb friendly league that allows lower *'s the chance to play due to the *-limit-per-game, then why bring good players down to a newb level? The low *s are guys in the 2-5 range, so why are there good players at 5-6 if this is supposed to give newbs playing time?

For strategy, I would much rather have a team full of good 5*'s and 6*'s to consistently meet the * quota than have few, elite high *'s and more very low *'s.

Players are used in a lineup based on what they are worth per game. That is, if someone is a 8*, they are worth 8* for any game that they are added for. Even if they aren't an 8* for warbird, they're expected to play like one. Whereas, if someone is a 4* who really should be worth 6-7 for javelin, you're getting a major steal out of them since they can play for a lower value. Having "steals" in a league is usually fine when it's 1-3 players and they are not widely known to be useful, so that draft strategy comes into play, but when there are a lot of people in this category it defeats the purpose of the draft strategy (but so does the whole "group" thing, but I'm not going into that).
                      Last edited by Pressure; 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

group drafting prevents captains from just picking their friends and ignoring the lower ranks
                        maybe not the best way to do it, but its how its being done right now

perhaps in the future, allows captains a certain number of picks and randomly distribute the lower half
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

Team captains will be rewarded for starting players at or under 4*. The requirements for "starting" follow the same guide lines as current TWL medal requirments. TWDT-D/TWDT-J: You must have at least 5 deaths or play a total of 10 minutes to qualify as starting. TWDT-B: You must have played at least 8 minutes to qualify as starting. A player at 4* and under will not only be free, but will subtract * from your weekly spending. A 4* player will give you a -1* star usage. A 3* player will give you a -2* usage. A 2* player will give you a -3* usage. A 1* player will give you a -4* star usage.

Rule change to accommodate newer players. Group draft idea scrapped after a lengthy discussion with about 10 players.
                          Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Comment

pressure :- I can't tell if you're agreeing with me (which seems to be what you've written) or you've mis-understood what I wrote and are counter-arguing my point?

It just seems to me that the twdt ratings given have been selected upon biased views by basing/jav analysts as usual with very little input by warbirds who know their players around tw. Giving basers who don't touch warbird and rarely jav a rating of 7 whereas good warbirds who don't base seem to be given 5-6 rating....?
                            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                              pressure :- I can't tell if you're agreeing with me (which seems to be what you've written) or you've mis-understood what I wrote and are counter-arguing my point?

It just seems to me that the twdt ratings given have been selected upon biased views by basing/jav analysts as usual with very little input by warbirds who know their players around tw. Giving basers who don't touch warbird and rarely jav a rating of 7 whereas good warbirds who don't base seem to be given 5-6 rating....?
                              I was agreeing.

Comment

Seems like theirs lots of basers in this list then other leagues. Lack of warbirds is eh.
                                TWLD Champion 2014
                                TWDTB Champion 2013
                                TWDTB Champion 2016
                                TWDTB Champion 2017
                                TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                                -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Working...
                                X