Making good use of the pub bucks system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making good use of the pub bucks system

?go base is the step between pub and twd. When a pubber played ?go base 3-4 times, he wanna join a twd squad to play more basing duels. Unfortunately, pubbers aren't interested in anything else than pub basing, they don't wanna try anything different, which is quite understandable.

To attract pubbers in ?go base, why aren't we using this pub bucks system? For example, give 5000 pub bucks to everyone who played a ?go base game. That is easy to code, doesn't cost a penny and make a good use of this (kinda) useless pub bucks system. ?go base will be popular and so will twd. We could implement this in twd too, as some sort of virtual pay check. Mellow will have even more players and will eventually split in half to maximize their chances to play a twd game. Also, fellow Acidbomber will play 50 ?go base/twd games a day, which would clearly boost twd activity.

We might have 6 or 7 active basing squads next year.
    4:TABARNAK!!!> TABARNAK!!> ?help general aladeen is the best staffer ive ever encountered in my journey
    (zreqdf)>is he forcing u 2 say that?

4:General Aladeen> oder man.. i checked ur warnings once and my laptop nearly fried

Can take some time to code. Until that time us ZH'ers are going to be tossing some pub cash into a pot to get this going. I liked the idea though, pretty simple and effective.
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

theres 2 problems i see.
      1.) inflation inflation inflation even more.
      2.) how do you define pubbers?

Comment

could use tw-pubs cash to start it, it gets money from kills it makes when people !nukebase
        Former TW Staff

Comment

to battle inflation, make the basebucks seperate
          give captains basebux for being captain of winning team
          caps must spend those basebux for specials
          winning team/mvp get prize basebux, and could 'bribe' a captain to let them

perhaps give people an option to convert basebux into pubbux at a certain ratio (unsure if conversion boths ways would be wise)

this would also potentially generate some sort of pub/base joined economy between pubbers and basers
          Former TW Staff

Comment

lol basebuxxx

dont be retarded.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

good idea shaddow

Fis: by pubbers i mean pubbers who only pubs and would benefit from playing ?go base and then twd because if they only base in pub they will get bored pretty quickly
              4:TABARNAK!!!> TABARNAK!!> ?help general aladeen is the best staffer ive ever encountered in my journey

4:General Aladeen> oder man.. i checked ur warnings once and my laptop nearly fried

Comment

another thought if the time for coders/dev arises for something like this (lol, i know, right?), but have an allaround zone cash system for pub, base, duel, duel2, javduel, wbduel, hockey, attack, elim, etc.

if people are earning tw cash in most of the things they do, and can spend them in other games (again, specials in base, and ofc pub stuff, and whatnot), it encourages them to do things other than pub

this is of course an optimal arrangement
                a shortage of coders always pops its head up

however making a seperate thing for basebucks is easily reached by using pretty much the exact coding that the pub uses, with only some relatively minor code modifications
                Former TW Staff

Comment

this is an excellent idea, and should be fairly easy to implement

but i predict pubbers will still stay in pub, and basers will stay in base and wont play pub

another idea: playing base gives you a 1.1x pubbux multiplier for pub for x minutes
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

good idea.

also bring tw-pub bot too to allow nuke on base and !buy prizes. after that we move matchbot to pub 0
                    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

im down to throw some pub bucks in the pot to get this idea done

Comment

i miss the days when ?go base was always running, and people would fight to be cap

Comment

MOST REASONABLE AND BEST POST IN THIS THREAD

Originally posted by Shaddow <ZH> View Post
                          to battle inflation, make the basebucks seperate
                          give captains basebux for being captain of winning team
                          caps must spend those basebux for specials
                          winning team/mvp get prize basebux, and could 'bribe' a captain to let them

perhaps give people an option to convert basebux into pubbux at a certain ratio (unsure if conversion boths ways would be wise)

this would also potentially generate some sort of pub/base joined economy between pubbers and basers
                          This is a pointless idea, it'll do nothing to bring pub/.?go base together.

Anyways, Base should really reward pub money. It would definitely make ?go base games more entertaining. It would attract many more players to ?go base, which introduces them to the more competitive arenas of TW.

Its not like they have to reward huge amounts of money. Just make sure to give a bonus for winners (like flag games in pub), and perhaps have bonuses for captain, MVPs, or other accolades.

Shit, you guys (whoever you may be, nobody seems to really be deving anything recently in TW) should implement pubbux into TWD and TWL. Allow people to bet on squads in matches, it would make games more competitive, and it would also let people play TWD for more than points that mean absolutely nothing.

Also general suggestions for ?go base not to do with spacebux:

Remove the max of 8 players in the game, new people wont get benched as much, just add !addplayer so both caps have to agree on 9.

Limit the amount of special ships, retards are always killing games by adding shitloads of specials.

Allow WEASEL!!

-The words of God, received and transcribed by Mango.

Comment

i agree with limiting specials

as for the 8v8 cap, im fine with it, but for highly active days, need to get base2 running

ill on occasion host a basing event when i notice ?go base full and a bunch in spec

i also agree somewhat on the pubbux system being used everywhere, but taking small steps towards it would be much easier for dev/coders to handle
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Mango. View Post
                              This is a pointless idea, it'll do nothing to bring pub/.?go base together.

Anyways, Base should really reward pub money. It would definitely make ?go base games more entertaining. It would attract many more players to ?go base, which introduces them to the more competitive arenas of TW.

Its not like they have to reward huge amounts of money. Just make sure to give a bonus for winners (like flag games in pub), and perhaps have bonuses for captain, MVPs, or other accolades.

Shit, you guys (whoever you may be, nobody seems to really be deving anything recently in TW) should implement pubbux into TWD and TWL. Allow people to bet on squads in matches, it would make games more competitive, and it would also let people play TWD for more than points that mean absolutely nothing.

Also general suggestions for ?go base not to do with spacebux:

Remove the max of 8 players in the game, new people wont get benched as much, just add !addplayer so both caps have to agree on 9.

Limit the amount of special ships, retards are always killing games by adding shitloads of specials.

Allow WEASEL!!

-The words of God, received and transcribed by Mango.

I agree, and also pub bucks system needs to get back to what it was months ago, with thors, megawarp, etc. 10 pubbers didnt like it but 200 others did. This is when there were 40 vs 40 players in pub, plus 40 sitting in spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X