New Player Help Video by Spacely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player Help Video by Spacely

i made this to help new players get up to par faster.

it's not complete by any means nor was it intended to be

if i did something wrong please posted video when telling me

i hope more people will make some lessons on things i didn't cover and other ships

thank you for you're time

overlay file https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu4rzel2xq...thbar.bm2?dl=0 can turn it on/off by changing the energy bar in options

ship file https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynvyde67dd...ships.bm2?dl=0

here is a rock file for squad white rocks it helps. does not work in pub

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k9pvv2y31...phics.rar?dl=0
    Last edited by Shadowmere; 07-19-2016, 08:23 AM.
    %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
    4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

In theory this is a great video. The time and effort put forth on your part is obvious, and admirable. But...maybe you should consider a collaboration. No offense, but I doubt anybody who was new to the game would watch this past a few minutes, simply because your phrasing is unclear, the font is too small, the grammar is nonexistent, and the entire video lacks structure.

Not to mention the fact that if they do make it past a few minutes, we may have first timers spending hours tightly orbiting asteroids in pubs under the delusion that their agility may eventually "level up," along with a few other misnomers you've included.

Truthfully, it may be easier to learn a bit just by watching 15 minutes of pure gameplay, with no commentary. That being said, good job.

Comment

you can make a video bud

it would be easier to learn from watching game play but unfortunately people in spec cannot see energy or the smoke tail so have no idea how to control the ship
      %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

Comment

It's 12:09 and Michigan still sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
          It's 12:09 and Michigan still sucks
          QFT.

Where you get those lines that divide your map up into 8ths?

Comment

Originally posted by angry.chair View Post
            QFT.

Where you get those lines that divide your map up into 8ths?

on youtube below the video in description is a download link but i can post here also

the overlay is a redsign by me from aimenhancersuite.exe from ss downloads and is only for 1280x1024 the turret thing was made long ago is someone wants to claim it they can post here

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4dvbpoecm5q9/n/gfx.zip

Comment

I truly wasn't trying to be negative. I can't make a video, which is why I commended your effort. I think tutorials like these would get a lot of views if a bit more attention were paid to the overall production value. Despite your high level of gameplay, newbies may get confused by a vernacular they are not familiar with, and the 'advanced techniques' you jump right into may intimidate somebody who has yet to master basic controls.

and ras, despite the fact I disagree with you, the fact remains that Michigan is not Texas and I'm not willing to throw down my gloves as soon as somebody trash talks a state I happen to reside in.

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                and ras, despite the fact I disagree with you, the fact remains that Michigan is not Texas and I'm not willing to throw down my gloves as soon as somebody trash talks a state I happen to reside in.

I live in MI and even I think it sucks. I know this probably not the place... but srs working in downtown Detroit is cool, but outside of downtown is a jungle... and med cards for pot... what a sad excuse to "legalize" pot. Why I gotta have a card for "medicine", but not for xanax or vicodin? This backwards ass state just broke as hell trying to pinch pennies... I won't go on cause this not the place...

Comment

metro detroit public schooling system at work, my friends. At least you're not from Flint.

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                    I truly wasn't trying to be negative. I can't make a video
                    if i can make one you can to :P i been wanting to make something for new players for like 9 years now but always thought it was to hard and it's really not.

the reason i trying to push new players into hard playing situations is so it becomes second nature. instead of them learning how to run on radar and lure first because is to easy and most will never progress from radar/lure

oh the circles do increase agility. they teach to move ship any direction from any combination of trajectory, axis position, and and rotation direction.

have a nice day bud

Comment

I got what you said about practicing the circles, but if you use the phrasing 'level up' it may cause somebody who doesn't know any better to believe that they can physically modify their ships stats if they do that long enough.

Comment

here is the graphics files for anyone who wants the overlay it only fits 1280x1024 graphics and the ship file for color coded nose dot

put in continuum graphics folder

overlay file https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu4rzel2xq...thbar.bm2?dl=0

ship file https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynvyde67dd...ships.bm2?dl=0

thank you for your time

Comment

its important to only use the overlay for dodging mainly. will help you get a feel for the mechanics of the game for approaching and running. matching speed floating slower then top speed.

don't try to use it for aim accept general angle of shots

after a bit you should be able to remove it and "feel the force"

thank you for your time

Comment

dont know why it wont let me edit my posts but staff you can condense these posts or put links in my first post and delete just updating because someone wanted the overlay

here is a rock file for squad white rocks it helps. does not work in pub

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1k9pvv2y31...phics.rar?dl=0

Comment

trainer video in this forums that will give you some mechanics knowledge and about 8 minutes of flight study footage of me you can hear my shift and see my power bar and smoke trail try to mimic my flying stlye

100% of the time i use up+down for reverse instead of down arrow because besides being more quicker efficient way to change forward thrust to reverse and back to forward it is also needed for "powersliding" or flying sideways at top speed holding shift this is a very importants mechanic you must learn that is the foundation of all subspace mechanics

to "powerslide" simply hold shift until max speed or tail stretches all the way out then without letting go of the shift key or the up arrow turn ship sideways and toggle up,up+down,up,up+down,up,up+down. fast as you can

i bend my middle finger almost pointing down at up arrow on the very bottom edge and lay it down to make it up+down also if you put something about the thickness of a tic tac container under the front of keyboard it agnles the keyboard for more comfortable flying like this.

fastest way to get coordinated with ship maneuvering is in ?go balance use box 1 try floating in the middle for 30 seconds facing left or right as often as possible with the ship warbird once you can do this then goto tracks 5 and 6 and go through them slowly trying to stop in the middle not flying through them with some fast trick
                              Last edited by Spacely; 09-05-2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X