Double the number of active TWD squads by the end of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double the number of active TWD squads by the end of the year

[Brief summary of idea]: Generally speaking, players who stick with TW are those in active TWD squads. Therefore we should aim to get as many players as possible into active TWD squads.

[Reasoning behind proposal]: Fairly obvious.

[Best way to implement]: Re-target the entire purpose of this game towards squad membership and therefore group play. It will also be necessary to make some changes to TWD to make it a more fair and fun competitive environment.

[Detailed summary of idea]:
    1. No longer conduct leagues which adversely affect the squad-community dynamic. (TWL, TWDT).
    2. Impose a TWD roster limit of 35 - but add a "Bench" which can contain a further 20 players (inactives).
    3. Consolidate the TW and TWD websites such that TW is TWD.
    4. Create a new area of the consolidated site to help players to match themselves to a squad based on their experience, leagues of choice, etc.
    5. Scrap Fighter and Spider divisions (they are not needed).

I'm going to stop here on purpose - because there lots of suggestions I could make, but I think there's more value in keeping the list short and clear for now - to get us started on the right path.

Originally posted by Rab View Post
    [Best way to implement]: Re-target the entire purpose of this game towards squad membership and therefore group play. It will also be necessary to make some changes to TWD to make it a more fair and fun competitive environment.
    Changes to make twd more fair would really be needed, but how to make the vets more interested into bringing new ppl from pub to their squads? Joining a bad squad isnt the best option, since its much easier to learn to play if the lineup around you knows what they are doing.

Would it be possible to grant a Rookie status to those who really are new and crappy players? And when a squad adds those ppl into lineup, they would lose only few points if the match is lost or win like 100, unless the other side adds a rookie too (then the rating change would be back to normal). This would not FORCE anyone to play with rookies, but gives a CHALLENGE to top players to carry the newbs asses, and to teach them to survive, too.

Or at least squads should be able to challenge other squads for shorter games, like base to 7 minutes perhaps, and dd/jd only one round. It would be much more interesting for weaker squads to challenge top squads if they know they need to hold together only a short time to get a win (here the rating change could be reduced?).

Comment

I have no intention of splitting up existing squads, peeps should be able to play with whoever they want, against whoever they want. New players will have to begin by forming squads with other new players, and playing against similar squads. This process is possible now, but, because we don't push it and make it easy, those squads end up without anyone of a similar skill level to play against.

Comment

Comment

Mock-up of what I think the structure of the TWD homepage should be.

Comment

Mock-up of an interface for a player to find a suitable squad.

Comment

Looks interesting.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

• We will never get rid of the leagues. There has to be a point to TWD, and the point is to train for the currently rotating league. If you take that out, a large majority of the vets will quit.
                • We tried roster limits, and they don't work. All that happened was all semi-inactive to inactive people were booted from rosters, and weren't able to play. It did not work out even though in theory this would be a great solution.
                • I like your idea of having the home page have more TWD integration, and I have proposed similar ideas in the past. I'm not sure what the new site design will actually be so I can't comment on this.
                • We can't force people to let newbies on their squad, nor can we create squads out of thin air. The best way to encourage newer players to join a squad is give them incentives to effect things in the public arena. Perhaps a "buff" of some sort if a certain number of squaddies are playing in pub together? Perhaps 2x money, chance to get rare items like a thor, etc. The squads would have to be registered with TWD to prevent everyone just joining the "main pub squad" to abuse this though.
                • There is no reason to remove fighter or spider divisions. It is there for people to play it...once a year. It does not effect anything by being there for fun for that 1 game a year.
                Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Comment

The removal of Fighter and Spider divisions is to save space in the design - to use that space for recruitment.

Comment

this is probably the best idea i have seen. fuck pub
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Agree with this. But tbh, the game is boring now. I rarely get time to log on and keep having lag issues.

My suggestions would be to:
                      - keep a semi-annual league (TWL once a year and Draft League once a year)
                      - impose a tighter squad limit (35 is too much with an additional 20 player bench....u wot m8?). It should probably be 15 with a 5 player bench. More squads the better.
                      - I have always asked for this but no one ever seems to get the idea...stop stacking squads! Having 1 or 2 elite squads kills it for everyone else. Distribute the vets. Its gotten much better nowadays but come 1 month before TWL and the same shit as every year will happen. How well has this system helped out the community? Thought so.
                      - somehow bring back elim/belim. Shit was fun back in the day. Arenas would be packed and mofos like Mythril would drop 40 on the regular.
                      - finally, there still is no ideal way to show pubbers about arenas outside of pub. So word of mouth will work for now. Squad captains should actively try to recruit new players/pubbers and show them twd as much as they can. Perhaps add some pubbux incentives to twd games. I don't know if people value pub bux or not but its just an idea.
                      - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

too bad this is staff atm:

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                          too bad this is staff atm:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

Working...
                          X