Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Split Squad into Two

Hey guys,

Some of you might know me, I am Weedle/Bandit on SS. I run Barrier, #1 funtime squad in subspace and largest roster known to man. We are full on assistants but i still want more people to be assistants, and I am having trouble finding other new squads to challenge, and same with others. It's hard to manage, because we specialize i n finding new players to trench wars and we recruit them, teach them about twd, and train them.

I am here cause I want to have a second name on twd so as to start a second barrier iteration and split the squad in 2, where I will be able to add more assistants and organize squad better. I would leave the reign of the other barrier to other people, but just want to retain captain just to make sure things are in order. I wouldn't ever play for them.

Any staff who knows me knows I'm not trying to do this to feed ourselves points, or any type of cheating/abuse. I am just trying to make as many squads as possible actively playing on tw to facilitate new players ACTUALLY learning, because getting destroyed by all squads in SS because they are all vets is not helping, and waiting for paladen to play isn't always convenient.

Cheers,

Weedle

I've got an unfortunate amount of experience with dividing squads, and it has worked precisely 0 times. In the end, it tends to destroy both squads and loses all squad culture Now if you've made it this far without dismissing me as a hater, you get some real advice. When I said 0 times, that's not entirely true. My past examples were tenure -> -tenure- and mellow -> Anti-Scrub. Bot resulted in the collapse of the original squad. However, I have seen successful squads branch off from current squads. One example is when royst and I started skille, we successfully stole players from mellow and some pubbers, and made another squad without killing the parent. It would later merge and die, but thats beside the point. My advice to you: make a "rival" squad to challenge barrier, rather than trying to divide. Empirics prove, division is failure. Of course I'm not actually answering your question here, but I just wanted to make sure that you are really prepared for a divide. I would hate to see a good and important squad like barrier die. Only true newbie squad Also watch your timing, TWL qualifications are happening so people are going to be looking for ez wins, as well as squad reforms and such as qualifications near the end. Just one newb squad optimist's advice to another

Comment

thanks a ton for the advice willby, makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Working...
      X