Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this patch works please link to steam and maybe in new player welcomes. Thanks for posting this spiffy.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

It works

Comment

Thanks for this. Updated the Steam forums with info, as well as Exdaix's Linux auto-installation method.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
          It works
          tsl finals dont matter lol
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Anyone use this currently?

I am on Catalina and installed just fine, shows at 64bit but when I open it nothing happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MMA View Post
              Anyone use this currently?

I am on Catalina and installed just fine, shows at 64bit but when I open it nothing happens.
              Any luck getting SS to work on Catalina? I just upgraded to Catalina today but same thing is happening to me - just doesn't open.

Comment

Ok, just spent a bunch of time repackaging this from scratch with a new Wine build. For future me (for the inevitable computer/OS upgrade) or for any others, here are the sequence of steps I took.

System Setup
                1. Disable SIP: http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/05/disab...tion-mac-os-x/

Getting the files ready
                2. Download Wineskin Winery https://portingteam.com/topic/11037-...eskin-project/
                3. Download Continuum 0.40d - this is a package that someone else created, but no longer works on Catalina. You’ll need this for the Continuum files. http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0dz6t...d_Mac.dmg/file
                3. Using Wineskin, install Engine WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1

Getting the wrapper ready
                4. Create New Blank Wrapper (call it Continuum 0.40e or whatever else you’d like)
                5. Right-click Continuum 0.40e and hit “Show Package Contents”
                6. Install Continuum 0.40d, navigate to it and hit “Show Package Contents”. Move the Continuum folder over from C:\Program Files\Continuum to the same folder in the Continuum 0.40e wrapper you just created. Also copy over the “Contents\Resources” folder.

Wine settings
                7. Open Wineskin and click Advanced - you’re in the Configuration Tab
                8. Set Windows EXE to "C:\Program Files\Continuum\Continuum.exe"
                9. Set Menubar Name to Continuum 0.40e
                10. Set Version to 0.40
                11. Set Wine Debug to err+all,fixme+all
                12. Set the icon by going to the Contents -> Resources -> Wineskin.icns
                13. In the Advanced Tab, check “Disable Gecko Installation…”

… and you’re good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Stryke View Post
                  Ok, just spent a bunch of time repackaging this from scratch with a new Wine build. For future me (for the inevitable computer/OS upgrade) or for any others, here are the sequence of steps I took.

System Setup

Getting the files ready
                  2. Download Wineskin Winery https://portingteam.com/topic/11037-...eskin-project/
                  3. Download Continuum 0.40d - this is a package that someone else created, but no longer works on Catalina. You’ll need this for the Continuum files. http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0dz6t...d_Mac.dmg/file

4. Create New Blank Wrapper (call it Continuum 0.40e or whatever else you’d like)
                  6. Install Continuum 0.40d, navigate to it and hit “Show Package Contents”. Move the Continuum folder over from C:\Program Files\Continuum to the same folder in the Continuum 0.40e wrapper you just created. Also copy over the “Contents\Resources” folder.

Wine settings
                  10. Set Version to 0.40

… and you’re good to go!
                  Thanks for laying out the steps!

For those not as tech-savvy, do you have a package ready to go that they could use out of the box? In the past, spiffyguy was putting these together.
                  "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Sadly, I haven't been able to figure out how to upload a compressed version - any time I compress it and upload, it looks like on a subsequent download the app is broken...

Comment

Originally posted by Stryke View Post

System Setup

Getting the files ready

Wine settings
                      10. Set Version to 0.40

… and you’re good to go!
                      works perfect thank you
                      Last edited by EvilDeed; 03-28-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I figured out that it IS possible to get the “alt-tab” chat screen working. In the main menu go to options (Ctrl + O) and turn on “always show” in the “chat” tab. When you take focus away from the game the chat screen should now open. Use the red button to go back to the game. It’s not perfect but at least lets you copy/paste things to/from the game.

It’s pretty dumb but you have to use actual CONTROL c/v to use it though. Windows rules I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                          http://wonko.com/post/how-to-run-continuum-on-a-mac
                          my last cracked SS client burnt out the motherboard on my old Macbook after 4 years of overuse
                          LOL I knew Macs were just potatoes full of outdated hardware that isn't worth 1/10th of what idiots pay for them, and they sell only due to the name brand and OS, but holy fuck. SS should not be overheating a fucking toaster, let alone a macbook.

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

LOL I knew Macs were just potatoes full of outdated hardware that isn't worth 1/10th of what idiots pay for them, and they sell only due to the name brand and OS, but holy fuck. SS should not be overheating a fucking toaster, let alone a macbook.
                            It's because of Wine.

Comment

Is there an update for later versions of MacOS? Most current version doesn't work anymore.

Comment

Pressure Check the first page for the list of instructions. The person who first completed the steps found that after uploading the file and then downloading again, for some reason it didn't function properly. I'd try repeating the steps yourself, perhaps wrapping it up for others and uploading and seeing if you have the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X