No announcement yet.

TWD & Pub - Not much of a correlation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD & Pub - Not much of a correlation.

I'm sitting here reading the pub while I'm eating and I notice a lot of the players in pub are going back and forth with one another or having a conversation and greeting people they know. Now, I don't know anyone in there other than the people who are in spec and most likely AFK. Why does it seem, to me anyways, that players in TWD and people in pub are so distant from one another. It's almost like a parallel universe out there that we know exists, but won't ever come into contact with. When I'm on I do not see enough advertising about TWD league. All I'd like to see is some small detailed information about it, not in green either, maybe purple text or something.

Is staff doing enough to try and get TWD more active by talking to these players? Maybe staff should be handed a list of names of people from pub who they have to get into contact with EVERY week as a quota. See what that person knows about TWD in general, why they never made the jump to TWD if they know about it, etc. Is that too much to ask for? That would seem like an easy task for zone helpers at least.

u realize we still have thousands of dollars in donation money that isn't being used AT ALL FOR ANYTHING.....no website changes, no marketing schemes, NOTHING

staff is awful in every aspect
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
      Is staff doing enough to try and get TWD more active by talking to these players?
      Looks like an effort is underway to recruit pubbers to the squad Animal. Of course they're 0-28 in TWD so far...

Comment

We have used some money for advertising. We used to give cash away on weekend events as well.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
          I'm sitting here reading the pub while I'm eating and I notice a lot of the players in pub are going back and forth with one another or having a conversation and greeting people they know. Now, I don't know anyone in there other than the people who are in spec and most likely AFK. Why does it seem, to me anyways, that players in TWD and people in pub are so distant from one another. It's almost like a parallel universe out there that we know exists, but won't ever come into contact with. When I'm on I do not see enough advertising about TWD league. All I'd like to see is some small detailed information about it, not in green either, maybe purple text or something.

Is staff doing enough to try and get TWD more active by talking to these players? Maybe staff should be handed a list of names of people from pub who they have to get into contact with EVERY week as a quota. See what that person knows about TWD in general, why they never made the jump to TWD if they know about it, etc. Is that too much to ask for? That would seem like an easy task for zone helpers at least.
          dude u shud someday be zh and take a newbie call.

Some people just ignore you. 90% of newbies dont have any interest on what you say.

Same with most of the pubbers, they just wanna play there and ignore everything else.

It would be much more easy if <ER>'s could "host" some base 8v8 or javduel/wbduel games between some events.

Maybe then some of those people that play some events could jump to twd.

It would also help, if the robobots could host big base games flag time based on arenas like boki light and etc.
          8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
          8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
          8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
          8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

It would also help, if the robobots could host big base games flag time based on arenas like boki light and etc.
            This would actually be nice.
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Maybe everyone can do their little piece of work to get these people to squads. actually, just a few days ago i noticed someone getting pub awards few times in a row, i shouted in pub chat "dude, you need a squad!" and found out he had never heard about twd. Luckily animal cap was online and the guy learned some basics like chat channels etc and came to me afterwards saying "thaks for getting me involved to this, this is amazing" (freely quoted).

and yeah, what schope said, you cant really get those ppl who log in first time, or 20th time, to join anything. it takes its time, and staff wont get any "alert" for those ppl who have been around for long enough to actually be interested in anything more than flying around shooting spaceships.

Comment

I find myself stuck in pub, I love the hosted games, I've specced a TWDD match and i also enjoy dueling. I even took part in a wbelim for the first time and enjoyed it but alas nobody is interested in recruiting me. I would love to get to know more names and reach out to other corners of the community

As i understand TWD is like the elites? half of which have a poor regard for pub players.

Please feel free to talk to me, I'd love to play with TWD guys.

by the way this is my first post oh and this is embarrassing but TWD is Trench Wars Duelling right?

Comment

Originally posted by razgriz33 View Post
                  As i understand TWD is like the elites? half of which have a poor regard for pub players.

by the way this is my first post oh and this is embarrassing but TWD is Trench Wars Duelling right?
                  TWD is not for the elites. Infact these days even TWL isn't. Try to join a friendly squad for beginners or create one yourself with your friends and start twding and you will slowly get better at it and have fun. Don't be intimidated by players who have a "poor regard for pub players". Just ignore them and realize they are only trolling. This game has alot to offer once you see the world outside of pub. If you have any questions or need help, feel free to drop me a pm or message in game. I'am Cres.
                  1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Pubs players and TWD players are on two different planets because pub and TWD are on two different planets. That and the fact that TWD requires you to be squadded and there's no real newbie squads anymore. Move go base to pub and add 2v2/3v3/4v4 duels to the already existing pub duels. That might at least give some newbs a taste of what TWD is like.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by razgriz33 View Post
                      I find myself stuck in pub, I love the hosted games, I've specced a TWDD match and i also enjoy dueling. I even took part in a wbelim for the first time and enjoyed it but alas nobody is interested in recruiting me. I would love to get to know more names and reach out to other corners of the community

Someone recruit dis guy!

Making a forum topic like this, or maybe if pubbot could tell people from pub to post/apply somewhere would help people to start training squads.
                      8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                      8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                      8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                      8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                      8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                      8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

razgriz33 has made his TWD debut! http://twd.trenchwars.net/showgame/90065785

Comment

There you go raz! Good luck in future games, its tough in the beginning but will get easier

Comment

That's how I won my ticket into staff..

About 3 months ago I began recruiting about 25+ people from pub and newplayers in my squad "Nesmins", set up regular 3v1, 2v2 duels, practices in elim, ?go base and wbduels. I merged them with Mellow and they have been actively TWD.
                            Schope brought up a good point that a lot of people in pub simply refuse anything else, but it wasn't too difficult to get a roster of 30 newps and train them up for TWD entry.

Comment

Whatever u do razg, beware of Cres.
                              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                              X