More interesting than TJ's TWLB predictions season 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More interesting than TJ's TWLB predictions season 17

I'm not going to put nearly as much effort into this as creature did for LD, but way more effort than TJ did for his so here goes nothing....

Spastic
    Terr: Pure_Luck
    Sharks: TABARNAK!!!, Sleazy, Eria, Machine Of God, Willby
    Spids: JAMAL, Rucci, Spiderhate, wbm, hazuki, Prox <ZH>?

Im glad that Spastic has reformed into a separate squad instead of the few very talented basers they have merging into a pre existing squad, its done wonderful things for activity in TWD in recent weeks. Regardless of how much good they have done for TWD, I don't think they will be doing themselves very many favors in TWL. Its unfortunate that JAMAL can only play 1 ship at a time and TABARNAK is going to likely play less than 3 games this season, which leaves a huge shark gap to fill after sleazy. I just hope spastic can stick it out for an entire season, because the schedule is already going to be beyond retarded with this 10/12/9 ruling. Final record: 1-8

Cobra
    Terr: fLaReD
    Sharks: Dwopple, Creature, bonghits?
    Spids: Murder, mindtrix (Weaver), renzi, Ricko, Lionheart

Going to need a lot of help and good luck to finish somewhere other than the bottom of the ladder. 'No creature, No Victory' will not apply to this division this year because looking at their potential starting lines a 2nd shark seems to be a glaring and wide open weak spot for Cobra after Dwopple for other squads that are strong in sharks to exploit. They have a solid starting 4 spiders as strong as anybody elses in LB but that 5th spot is leaving me with nothing but questions and doubt about whether or not they will be able to handle a strong and consistent push from a squad with a little more depth on the roster. fLaReD is an amazing person and a beautiful soul but is either hit or miss in terr, I expect he will clutch a victory or two. In the end, flared will likely leave me questioning the true meaning of life, but Cobra will still finish near the bottom of the standings. Final record: 2-7

Pandora
    Terr: Cape, Tim
    Sharks: Mattey, Vatican, McVicar
    Spids: cripple, shayde, ease, dsin, undercut?, children?

This one is probably going to cause some whining but I couldn't care less. If I hurt your feelings you probably shouldn't have been such a douche in the past. Pandora did make some clutch recruits from the dissolving of dice in Cape and Cripple, however its going to be pointless in the end because neither of them have any desire at all to win a title for their arch-nemisis. I have absolutely no clue whether or not Cape intends to play TWL or not but cripple couldn't care less about helping shayde and vatican finally put a ring on their finger, which leaves them a huge deficit to overcome in both terr and spider depth. Shayde and ease will be solid and strong as always, if dsin can stay 10ms below the legal lag limit and stay in the game he will also be a force to be reckoned with while undercut and children pick up the garbage left behind by their counterparts. Sharks will not be an issue here, one of the few squads that can say that, might even be able to let zidane play against Spastic and Cobra. The good news is their will be no suspense this year about finishing in 2nd yet again. Final record: 3-6

Raid
    Terr: Pressure
    Sharks: Bill C?, Max B?
    Spids: Eelam, Poxy, Steep, ?????, ?????

In hindsight, I kind of regret adding these guys above on the ladder over Cobra and/or Pandora but I really don't feel like changing it so I'm just gonna go with it. If I had written this 2 weeks ago Raid may have been near the top of my predictions as Stayon was recruited and given a (C) spot in a desperate attempt to prevent him from leaving. However the plethora of dice basers left with stayon for sage leaving thix high and dry with nothing left to hold onto but a desperate hope for 2 wins this season. Just put 2 guys on under against raid and thix will portal into a laser beam of bullets every single time. Final Record: 1-8

Revenge
    Terr: Skatarius?, Zazerick?, Warportal?
    Sharks: Menelvagor, Cig Smoke, Vehicle, Rodney
    Spids: glavitik, hellkite, squall, Producer, M_M God

Rumor has it that glav, menel, hellkite and squall have all pitched in their allowances to upgrade to broadband LAN and even had enough left over for new headsets to talk to each other so they don't actually have to turn in their chairs and take their eyes off the screen/lose focus on the game. As always they are looking very much like the same selfless playing team of old. You wont find people camping in ear on this squad, or warping away after their terr dies. They all go hard 100% of the time and when glav gives the signal (I heard he flicks the lightswitch off/on 3 times since he's the closest in the room) their squad push out of cram is possibly the strongest in the league which is going to translate into some wins. Certain playoff contender, not so certain semi-finalist. Final record: 5-4

Sweet
    Terr: Alterra?, Ra?, Burnt?
    Sharks: LF, hulk, Mhz, can't remember the other guys name
    Spids: Spezza, Engineers, Burnt, Jack, Mango., Seismic, NOCKM

Yes obviously I am bias and yes I couldnt care less if anyone agrees with me. I've played this game long enough to know exactly what I am talking about. With that being said I am going to try to be as objective as possible. We have no terr. Alterra (hydride) has recently proven useful in the red ship but that hardly translates into being a TWLB starter given some of the retarded lines we've played against recently. While my squad lacks any players with 'superstar' status aside from maybe spezza what comforts me is that almost everybody is more than capable of filling more than 1 role. We have a very efficient lineup. Expect our line to look very different each week and while nobody will have great recs, we will also push hard for that precious TD. Nockm, if he can stay under the lag limits may be our own version of domichu in a special ship if called upon, he is our secret weapon. Will lose in semis to either Penetrate or Dudgeon. Final record: 6-3

Sage

Terr: Zizu, NL Trigger, Major Crisis
    Sharks: a2m, cranium, zyclon?
    Spids: Stayon, kess, Gazo, Spikey, sspk, Dixy, Reab

4 days ago this squad wasn't even going to qualify for TWLB, then the rules got changed and they got away with murder which is a shame because I would have loved to have zizu back on my squad to terr, since then they have made drastic improvements in the LB game. Zizu is definitely the foundation if this squad is to perform as well in game as they look on paper. They are also extremely strong in the spider department. Between natural ability and a combined ping of over 9000 they are going to deliver some serious pain to the rest of the league. Expect gazo to show up drunk for at least 6 games, and fake being drunk the remaining 3. Final record 6-3

FINALIST Dudgeon

Terr: Mikkiz
    Sharks: nokkonen, pardon, sakke
    Spids : mm89, dreamwin, zizzo, nicholas, sakke/nokkonen

It was a real tossup for me to choose between this squad and either Sage/Sweet to play in the finals against Penetrate, it really depends on the seeding and who plays against who in the semis. However, with the recent hiring of megaman89 (I heard $160 for the season with bonuses based on performance and a no trade clause) I had to give the edge to dudgeon. Most of these guys are unheard of in TWLB before recently while the others have been non-factors in seasons past but this is a tight knit group of friends irl that have been playing together for a long time now. Their chemistry is matched only by their predicted finals opponent. Mikkiz doesnt get a lot of kills in terr but he is a ninja and very difficult to kill an very clutch when it matters. I actually would not mind to see these guys win, but its not going to happen. Final record: 7-2

FINALIST Penetrate

Terr: Cintra, blahhy, Wingzero
    Sharks: porkjet, menomena, veloce, downfall, krage, fis
    Spids: Royst, Trasher, Zhou, acidbomber, Minotar, Solace, temporary, usoi, bacon, fit of rage, domi, schope, sphinx, Tsumetai

The sheer number of TWL capable basers this squad has is just beyond retarded. The dumb 10/12/9 rule was extended to allow penetrate to herd even more basers to sit on the bench every week instead of playing for other squads. I dont even know if that new rule to earn a medal about playing a certain amount of minutes is still in effect or not but if it is I think it would be hilarious if only like 3 people on Pene got a medal just because nobody got enough playing time to qualify since they all have to split the playing time with 115 other capable starters. You defense would probably be "Well dice always did it in the past seasons", to which my reply would be that there is a difference between having 5-6 superstars and some subs and the 30 starters you have. Yes I am bitter, and yes penetrate will win their 2nd LB title without a doubt. On the bright side, at least the rest of the league did a splendid job in spreading the talent this season. 2nd place is what everyone else is playing for and its absolutely up for grabs! Final record 8-1 (Because I dont believe in perfection)
    1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
    Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

renzi4mvp

Pandora 3-6 ? gg

Comment

It possible to set an over a certain iq limit in order to start new threads? Or being above a certain skill level so you are able to understand what your talking about before making prediction threads?
      4:JAMAL> plz learn to spell
      Exalt> bout to go to a boys party
      1:Guero> some hot girls got lot hair in their nipples

Comment

Probably sage vs pene in finals tbh

Comment

renzi
          8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
          8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
          8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
          8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

how u forget necro and turb in cobras #1 line?
            J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
            8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

gotta be the dumbest LB prediction thread I've ever seen. pandora 3-6? you're a fucking idiot. stopped reading after that, when pandora dismantles you in LB and strolls into playoffs please, god, please, jump off a fucking ledge and save us from your stupidity.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Funny that I'm getting all -1's and rage PMs in game. Original post will remain unedited just to see how accurate I am in the end. I remain confident in my choices with the only exception that it might be sage instead of dudgeon losing to penetrate in finals. Depending on who faces who in semis. I successfully trolled and already got reactions from every single person I wanted to except zidane so far, and Im sure he wont be able to resist either. Shayde when you win as many LB finals as I have I will value your opinion, ty.

Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

people getting mad when theyre not doing any predictions themselves. i dont agree with 90% of LF's write up but not saying anything except pointing out the 2 he left out of our line because am too lazy to do my own write up.

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

100% agree with renzi, its his opinion, ur not forced to read about it
                    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Felt bad for lf for all the dislikes so gave him +1. (that will be $5)
                      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                      1:waven> is if im going to prison
                      1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Hello, Lizard Fuel!

First and foremost, thank you for spending your valuable time to entertain us with a magnificent writeup like this. It is truly wonderful to have such an accomplished player share their knowledge about the game with us. Thank you, I feel like I learned a lot from you already! Please keep these coming!

I am absolutely delighted after reading these in-depth analysis and predictions for the upcoming TWLB Season 17! It seems that you have spent several hours, if not days, researching every single squadron that is competing in TWLB this season. It would be terrific if you could share us the spreadsheets you created before doing this writeup, I would want to see why you settled with aforementioned lineups! It would also be amazing to see what kind of notes you left after scouting player-by-player before finalizing the post.

While a lot of people seem to disagree with you, rest assured that is not the case with me. I fully agree with your power rankings, especially with the ranking you gave to Pandora -- they haven't been the same since Eelam left the squad and deserve to be ranked as 4th to 6th after regular season. I just can't see them defeating the likes of Raid, Sweet and Revenge! It sure is nice to have unbiased power rankings once in a while, most people have way too much faith in their own teams!

Thank you, I feel like I learned a lot from you already! Please keep these coming! :nice:

Comment

cremation

Comment

ITT turb put more time and effort into his reply than LF put into his write up. #gunmin

Comment

gunmin

Comment

Working...
                              X