Updating TWLM Guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating TWLM Guide.

I noticed TWLM wasn't properly reset yet and had my test data still in there.
    I have fully reset TWLM and it is now ready for week 1.
    I am happy to update TWLM every week despite stepping down from staff.
    If staff rather I didn't, here is the guide: All SQL statements can just be copy and pasted.

Late on friday - Lock TWLM
    UPDATE tblTWL__SiteVars SET fcVarData="True" WHERE fnID=3

Reset Player value changes from previous week:
    UPDATE tblTWL__PlayerValues SET fnDVC=0, fnJVC=0, fnFVC=0, fnSVC=0, fnTVC=0 WHERE fnUserId>0

Update all previous weeks bets before processing new bets.
    UPDATE tblTWL__Bet SET fnResult=3 WHERE fnResult=1
    UPDATE tblTWL__Bet SET fnResult=4 WHERE fnResult=2

Process all matches using built in admin page.
    Process all bets using built in admin page.

After everything is updated after weekend matches - late on Sunday/monday Unlock TWLM
    UPDATE tblTWL__SiteVars
    SET fcVarData="False"
    WHERE fnID=3
    Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
    TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

I give you full permission to continue TWLM week after week.

Not sure if my boss's would have an issue with this though (POiD, M_M, Bel)

Keep up the great work Ard! You taking your free time to make this game fun for us is greatly appreciated by me and many others. Muh boy.
    SSCU Trench Wars TRIPLE CROWN WINNER
    SSCU Trench Wars
    Triple Threat
    SSCU Trench Wars TWEL Top 3 Finalist
    SSCU Trench Wars Starting Spider Melee 2003
    SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Champion (2x)
    SSCU Trench Wars TWLD Champion
    SSCU Trench Wars Michael Schumacher of Racing2
    SSCU Trench Wars Unprecedented Balancing KING
    SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Top Stats 3 years running

MAD shoutouts to MUH BOYS atm

Comment

Cheers Children. Would be my pleasure. I spent ages developing it so Im happy to see it through a season. I didn't have the time to add the many features past TWLMs have, but the basics are there.

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

Comment

Stupid forum won't let me edit a previous post... anyway I noticed some eager beavers already makeing bets for this weeks matchs. So Il have to reset twlm again... It wouldnt be fair on all the other users of TWLM that aren't aware of this reset to allow any bets to stand.

I will reset TWLM on sunday after all matchs are played ready for week 1.
        TWLM -teams will run just through regular season as in past TWLM.
        Betting will run from regular season through to Finals.

Good luck everyone!!

Comment

Would like you to teach me and take this off your hands in coming seasons if you will allow, or if you cant make it on the weekends.
          1:waven> u challenge
          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

TWLM developer position is open. Step up Tiny, learn html/php/sql and start deving!

TWLM is all linked up and works alongside TWL website and its all automated. So after I go, it will still work for the season after.

I read on the TWL website that the stats for TWLM are out of date. Not so. I applied the TWLM algorithm to every regular season match from season 7 to 16 that TWL has recorded. All player values are based on past performances and nothing else.

Comment

Who ever updated TWLM this week, i.e. processed all of the bets has caused me to have to reset TWLM.

TWLM has been reset ready for week 1.
              Saturday morning will be when TWLM is locked. Don't expect to be able to make any changes on saturday, please do everything you want tuesday-friday.

Things can be processed on Sunday but TWLM shouldn't be unlocked before the TWL website progresses to display the next weeks fixtures because that is when TWLM will update the betting odds for the following week. Otherwise, players will get betting odds that are old. Which could be better or worse than what they should be.

Comment

I feel like the betting is really skewing the results alot. You can make like 10k on bets but if you buy all the right players in every league you can only earn like a total of like 600$. Is this intended? Seems like if i wanted to make the most money i should just forgo buying players and literally ONLY bet.

oh and thank you so much for your hard work. excited to play TWLM this season ardour :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                  I feel like the betting is really skewing the results alot. You can make like 10k on bets but if you buy all the right players in every league you can only earn like a total of like 600$. Is this intended? Seems like if i wanted to make the most money i should just forgo buying players and literally ONLY bet.

oh and thank you so much for your hard work. excited to play TWLM this season ardour :-)
                  yeah its been this way for a while

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

remove betting (as it currently exists)
                    betting =\= team managing
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

The Total stat is one I created for season 12 when I joined all the team leagues into one. In that season I believed each league should be balanced (Teams, Stock Market and Betting) therefore a total stat made sense.

However, it ended up not being very balanced. Despite me putting limits on the amount of bets you can make and the amount you could wager per bet. Even then, Pjotter complained that the odds weren't attractive enough! So I increased them a little... I enjoy betting, but it's not the same as unlimited bets! It kinda helped people be more sensible. This season there is one person that is now bankrupt and so has no way of recovering after his first week bet haha. Shame... that person was a top 5 ender in past TWLM seasons. I won't name him but he knows who he is!

So at the end of this season the Total stat will not be recorded in history because it implies that there is an overall winner, which is not the case. TWLM has gone back to the way it used to be with separate leaderboards for each division. But it is still an interesting stat to see, so I will leave it in the top managers page for now.

Comment

I think this is best solution since people have already completed the first week. I know that I looked at how things were set up and avoided the team management since it was obvious that more money could be accumulated by betting. To change things now would ‘penalize’ anyone who took this approach.
                        eph

Comment

Working...
                        X