No announcement yet.

no spawns in twdd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever see a guy die to a missed shot than you spawn on that bullet like 2 seconds later for the 2fer? Annoying.

Comment

Thing is im not too sure they can make it so you re spawn away from a bullet. Man u have to b so unlucky to re spawn into a bullet.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Yes, everyone is grateful that there are people who contribute to the community. But TW has to be one the best examples of how NOT to develop a product. It is a ship without any direction, just because there are some good sailors on the boat doesn’t mean that the work they do is going to help when the ship is just drifting around and is likely to run aground in the near future.

The coders who do this work are often doing it in a vacuum. It is not unusual for one developer to not be aware of what others are doing. Testing is a joke; developers don’t have a good way to test other than to unleash the changes on the production server. Multiple changes are often made simultaneously and this makes troubleshooting problems a nightmare.

From a product development standpoint and without a direction for this ship, developers are left with grass-root suggestions and ideas which they pick and choose from. The ones that sound like good ideas, and they know how code, appear to get the ‘priority’.

In short TW is an orphaned, directionless product that has been endlessly ‘added on to’ with ‘good ideas’. Just because everyone involved with it over the years can justify their involvement as being voluntary does not mean that the work they have done is 'good' or been done correctly. I understand that folks have worked hard over the years and we are all grateful for this. Little of this is the developers fault and given the history of this product I am not sure that it ever really had a chance at being more than the cluster fuck it is today.

But being defensive when people point out that this is just another ‘idea that someone knows how to code’ is counterproductive too. Some folks understand that TW is directionless and it frustrates them when time is invested in these kinds of changes.
        eph

Comment

tl;dr

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
            Haven't played it yet, but based on Creature's dd5 recounting -- while i support the idea from a philosophical point of view -- definitely needs to be improved in practice.

Are there plans to continue refining it, or is this the final version?
            Long way off a final version. It sounds like a small change, but as some has said, this will hugely effect the dynamics of twd/twl if implemented into it. Needs to be worked into wbduel for the time being until such point as
            a) players are used to it
            b) its decided if its worthwhile and the changes are positive.

as for transparency, whats the point of saying "this is looking to be implemented", if we dont even know if the bots can properly handle tracking all players without increasing lag etc.. which will make it redundant. IF it ever gets to the stage where we feel we could implement it into leagues, then ofc, it would be voted on. Until then, watch this space.

Comment

Comment

i wonder what would have a bigger impact on this game: this bot or allowing screen resolutions from years later than 2002
                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
                  i wonder what would have a bigger impact on this game: this bot or allowing screen resolutions from years later than 2002
                  heh its you guys that are restricting us on res limits, not a staff decision. Personally im looking to add to the challenge command to give an option to play with res limit on or off rather then setting to arena specific, but hardly a priority.

Comment

i only read the first page, and assume that KANE proposed this idea. funny thing about disown's bot is that people still do get "spawned" in twdd.

oh well, i don't play enough twdd to care but i thought it might be a good idea to implement more of a democratic system and allow the player base to provide REAL input (input that is actually listened to and considered rather than simply "heard") rather than allow certain "staff" (apparently, it's not even a unanimous decision among staff members...) to dictate the zone's future.

Comment

Working...
                    X