no spawns in twdd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no spawns in twdd

k apparently disown and couple of other people decided to make a bot that prevents spawn deaths in twdd.
    1) This is retarded, why change the dynamic of the game after how many years?
    2) only way I heard of it is because some one brought it up in squad chat, and every single person said it was a bad idea. How do you justify making a change to twdd without asking the wbs that play it?
    3) we don't have the resources to code for other things but we can do this? something no one asks for other then whiners that can't take spawns?
    4)you get spawned away from enemies, but controlling spawn is a legit tactic.
    5) keep it in like dd3 for people that can't take spawns and like to stray -don't bring it near twl.

don't understand why we feel the need to fix this, there's nothing wrong with spawning and don't think I'm the only one with this opinion
    i asked on chat and qpr also thinks nothing is wrong with current spawn situation. That is all.

1) Most games are updated on a normal basis. TWD has had barely any changes to the game since being released. We are trying to take a step foward in improving game play while working with the people.
    2) This change was recommended by a TWL warbird , brought to me, I brought it to disown. At the time the different possibilities were discussed we had some of the top warbirds in the room.
    3) We have very few bot coders and the head of bot dev volunteered to do this because he was on vacation and needs something to get back into the swing of things. Our bot coders work very hard for this zone and put in countless hours of skilled labor.
    4) Most of the people that share your opinion haven't even tested it out. How are you going to be so critical of it when you don't even know what it really is. Personally I believe the spawn change is so small it doesn't even matter. What the real change in this project is that we got the community involved in the development process early. The community has had their opinions put in from the start. Your argument and your post are just insulting to me. Talk and complain is all that ever happens these days. I apologize that people actually doing something the right way bothers you.

If you would actually like to discuss the change while its open for discussion then find me in game on K A N E. Trying to rally people to be against the project before even experiencing it or discussing it is just sickening.

P.S. The guy who suggested the idea is in your squad. Im sure everyone said it was a bad idea in your squad, right?
    Last edited by Kane; 01-29-2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

My only problem with this is: Is this really a priority upgrade? Are there no more important updates or fixes that need to be made?

I played a few games on tye bot, and I think its good, needs some tweaks, but I like it. I just feel that fixing other things should be a higher priority. Just my thoughts on the matter.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Leagues are a high priority in Trenchwars as they are very important to the zone. The few coders we have obviously multitask on different projects at once. Priority or not, someone is taking the time out of their day to do the coding for it. Most of the coders in TW never ask for a thank you or even be known for doing the work. We get our satisfaction when the community enjoys the stuff we put our time into creating. We don't get paid and should be able to work on what we want to work on.
        Last edited by Kane; 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I know who brought it up, and lol twl wb... Did he even tell u why he wanted it? Guy says fierce spawns him 4-5 times a match, and thinks it is unfair. This is cause fierce controls spawn , a legit technique. But hey, let's remove it cause people don't how to stay alive. Spawning is an advantage for good squads. When burnt is getting chased by three people and having them chase him around map, what do you think that 4th person is doing? He is getting spawned raped cuz the opponents are taking advantage of it. When u spawn that person away from the enemy, then burnt is running for.nothing., sorry for using ur name burnt but u pro at it. Please tell me how it is not a big change

Comment

Yeah, I am aware of coders and the work they do. I suppose that this is merely a show of how disorganized dev can be at times, having next to no actual structure within it, more so each person doing whatever tuey want when they feel like getting it done. Being volunteers, there really is nothong wrong with them doing so in my book, but sometimes complaining about things helps people get things out of their systems. No change will ever be met with 100% approval by players (except maybe banning Tower from Trivia), it's as accepted as getting lousy spawn points in dd's has always been. We'll get over it and all adapt and move on.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

Shaddow I have no clue what you're trying to say or the point you're trying to make.

Comment

To be honest, in my opinion.. I am all for the idea, but only if it is done well and tested thoroughly before fully implemented into the game. I believe the goal of the idea is to prevent the face to back/face to face spawns. Spawning people or targetting high deaths (as fierce uses), will still be accomplished with the right coordination. I've talked to K A N E and as far as I know and have been told, this will be tested by the players to see if this is or isn't what the warbirds of TWDD/TWL want, so give it a chance!

Edit: Also, think about it this way.. Yes, spawns ARE apart of the game.. but a terrible spawn should not decide the game. Just because games have been ruined in the past due to this does not mean it has to continue. If you're in a very competitive match, lets say TWLD finals, and you're a game changing player and happen to spawn on a bullet on 9, wouldn't that just be retarded? That isn't skill at all, that is chance.. and this is what they are trying to prevent. This could be an opportunity to clean this up if done right, and if it isn't done right or can't be, then i'm sure it won't be implemented. Test it out! Give some healthy feedback before shutting down the idea, change CAN be good.
                Last edited by Apok; 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Wage, I don't see how bot beging tested will affect the situation that you brought up. I'm going to say this one last time because it's a waste of time arguing something that doesn't exist. You need to try out the bot when a game is being hosted in wbduel5 and put your feedback in there with actual information that can be related to the bot. Otherwise your arguments have no point to them or make any sense at all. What you think it is and what it really is, is two completely different things judging by your reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane View Post
                    Shaddow I have no clue what you're trying to say or the point you're trying to make.
                    im at work, so my thoughts are pretty disconnected i guess. type some here some there and what not. when i get home tonight i may habe the time and energy to think up something and word it better
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

I'm going to have to say this is a bad change.

From what I understand and since theres been 0 transparency about what I see as a HUGE change I'm confused how this is supposed to help the community. If anything these are just whiners and from my perspective as a long time TWLD vet, I'm deeply concerned about changes:

1.) spawn will always be AWAY from enemy team - this is retarded. From what i've been told, the bot will now spawn you away from the enemy team. THis is a HUGE change that is immediately going to have impact on how people play ship. Now you can't camp the spawn area as a team, and it makes finding your team a breeze since you will never spawn near the enemy. This makes regrouping fundamentally way to easy and will impact the change tremendously.

2.) spawn deaths where you spawn on a bullet and literally have 0 seconds to dodge ALMOST NEVER HAPPEN. I literally have played hundreds of thousands of deaths and i can first hand tell you it happens literally once every 10 DDs where you spawn on a bullet and die instantly. I'm talking NO MOVEMENT, NO TIME to even react and instantly die. these are the ONLY spawns i think that MAY stand to be removed upon further discussion, but the point here is that most spawns never happen like this.

3.) 80% of the spawn death you have the opportuntiy (if you react fast enough) to have a suicide kill. the other 10% of the time you have a chance to get a free kill, and the final 10% you spawn facing the wrong direction. over time and over thousands of deaths, this variance is going to settle down and assume you have decent aim/reaction speed, it's going to be an end result of EVEN.

4.) 50% of your spawn deaths are because you failed to move in the correct direciton. instead of running away from bullet you run towards enemy. that's YOUR fucking fault and you SHOULD die. i've had enough of ppl crying about getting spawned when 50% of the time if they simply DIDNT shoot, conserved energy, and ran the fucking opposite direction of the opposing team, they would have lived.

5.) spawns are part of the game. deal with it. it hasn't changed in 10-15 years i don't see any reason why it should change know and i'd argue the majority of TWL veterans would be with me 100% of the opinion to not change something that isn't broken.

regardless i'm disapppointed by the lack of transparency and implementing a change when literally knwobody knows about it. couldn't we have had a healthy discussion before assigning valuable development resources to putting in change that 90% of the TW population doesn't even know is happening?

Comment

This is a horrible idea and I'm saying this after I actually tried it in wbduel4 or whatever. I was being respawned near top left corner almost every time and I noticed after a while that so was the enemy and we just stayed around that area and won the game. I don't know why staff is willing to put so much effort into this without taking a public consensus first since they are always whining about limited time and resources. First get to know if the majority of players even want such a thing before you go investing time and energy into it. Spawning is a natural part of the game which should not be changed. It works both ways as well, sometimes you do the spawning and sometimes you get spawned. Its very rare to get spawned by actually landing on a bullet. Controlling the spawn area is a legit strategy squads use and escaping it takes iq and skill and therefore this should not be removed. Stop being faggots.
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Are you kidding me creature? Do you have any clue what you are talking about? This is the most transparent project I have seen dev and staff work on since ive played this game. It has been said plenty of times now, the bot is being tested in a meaningless arena asking for feedback so we can get it right. Everything but the coding itself comes from the community. Everyone knows about this change and has their opinion and it hasnt even been implemented! You are talking non-sense, put the time and effort into researching something before acting like an expert on it.

Comment

TWL website still looks like garbage and relays almost no detailed information like the twd website. Yet this is being ignored even though TWL is our main event. Why not fix this first?
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Cresent the bot is not in its final stages, if there is a problem that you see such as spawning that favors one side then you need say something about it. This has nothing to do with the idea and its the reason why its called "testing". This way we can find the bugs and errors and fix them to make it a better system. This is the feedback thats being asked for so it can be improved. If it barely happens then why should it even matter so much to you?

Comment

Working...
                              X