No announcement yet.

no spawns in twdd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Apok, I think it's a good idea.

Getting spawned without having a chance to orient yourself, and acquire sufficient momentum happens rather frequently, especially in 5's, and often in TWLD. Argue "controlling the spawn" all you want, but it's still a matter of luck as to precisely where you spawn, and you can spawn on top of an enemy and kill him cheaply as well. Spawning on a bullet on 9 does happen, and the outcome of important games becomes decided by luck rather than skill.

Almost every game in existence in this day and age prevents spawning, because the inability to defend yourself and have a proper chance to engage the enemy in skill-based competitive combat reduces the legitimacy of the outcome by adding a variable that is almost devoid of talent or ability.

There is a reason one of the best wb's in subspace, on the best team (Fierce), a squad which controls the spawn, supports this measure. Because they're better than you anyway and know they can win and hunt down people on 9 in a more fair and legitimate skill-based way, using coords, teamwork, and good rushing. They don't need spawns to win
    -- perhaps you're hoping to get some lucky spawns and shift the probability of victory vs. better teams than you?

This change would reduce the luck-variable and increase the probability of more skilled teams winning -- and the whole point of TWL is to determine who is best, not good-and-lucky.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

people who are whining about the change are frightened that their K will take a huge blow since spawnings the main way they get kills

honestly i couldnt care less about whether or not this change is made, if ur a dominant wb like me simple changes will do little to slow you down

PS) i played wbduel5 and it was the biggest "wtf" ever, yeah, i didnt get spawned, but shit just felt wrong, felt like there could be a way simpler solution to this without having to spawn yo in the very corner of the map

Comment

after playing a few rounds of wbduel5, here are my observations:

1.) 100x easier to team. now even retards who don't know coords and don't know where their team is have no trouble finding their team.
        2.) spawn zone size is significantly larger. you can now literally spawn in the corner of the map
        3.) the bot spawns you minimum 10 tiles away from someone but you can still spawn RIGHT next to someone if you spawn at the same time
        4.) constant errors (could not locate safe spawn area 1000 tries, etc.)
        5.) shield works fine by preventing spawn on bullets

here are my thoughts on the observations:

1.) I support the shield to stop SPAWN on bullets.
        2.) I think the way people spawn and location is really dumb. 90% of the time you now spawn safely behind your team and theres no longer any need to understand team dynamics or be able to fly to where your team is (behind them).
        3.) 99% of team flying used to be flying on the edges and controlling spawn (this means you sit on the outside edge of the spawn zone and shoot into it). this strategy no longer works because people can now officially spawn behind you.
        4.) spawn zone is too large. it fucking sucks that if you're rushing someone in a corner around the map, theres a chance they someone will spawn into the corner to help them survive.

all in all:

1.) the changes aren't THAT dramatic, but they definitely impact teaming
        2.) let's be clear here, theres no fucking way that teaming isn't altered because of the spawn locations
        3.) you don't get spawned at all using the new bot, and basically now it takes 0 skill to find your team.

Comment

i'd also like to point out the behaviors that I anticipate as a result of these changes:

1.) teams will ALWAYS sit in spawn zone in fight now. why the fuck would you go into a corner now? the further you get from spawn zone, the harder it is for your team to find you now. this is the OPPOSITE of what it used to be. you used to sit on the outside edges of map so you don't get spawned and can divide up enemy team. now it's simply impossible to do that.

2.) nobody is going to be able to corner people b/c now you can spawn in the corners of the map

Comment

oh and for the record, these changes are going to have little to no impact on good players

this only benefits bad players who don't know how to not get spawned and don't know how to find their own team without charging 1v4 into the enemy. essentially you're making the teaming aspect (one of the hardest aspects to learn) significantly easier for warbirds now

Comment

I agree with anti- spawning (think of the new players) but:

1)Perhaps allow this as an option before the twdd game starts... Twdbot1> Sixies is requesting for anti-spawning. Type !accept to allow this. Problem is alot of squads won't accept so;

2) Have it enabled all the time in twdd3 only or

3) Squads can challenge another squad with anti-spawning on so it will be displayed in the challenge (sixies is challenging you for a 4 vs 4 twdd- antispawning on- type !accept to play etc)

4)or just live with it and enable it in all twdd arenas... you guys will get used to it! If your pro enough you wouldnt care! but it gives new players time to settle after a death and not just rage quit. If you were a new player and got killed many times then to top it off they spawn and die infront of an enemy they would prob quit.
              Last edited by Fork; 01-31-2013, 06:43 AM.
              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Like I said Creature, next time read ALL the threads before assaulting us:
                http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...ighlight=spawn.

It all started with this thread by Rasaq about temporary shields and was later discussed to adding a feature so the bot would spawn you away from enemy ships.
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by mtine View Post
                  Like I said Creature, next time read ALL the threads before assaulting us:
                  http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...ighlight=spawn.

It all started with this thread by Rasaq about temporary shields and was later discussed to adding a feature so the bot would spawn you away from enemy ships.
                  Why don't you read this thread before assaulting me? I don't see a single staff post saying that they were going to uptake no this idea and actually impelement it. There are hundreds of threads posted about various ideas where ppl "discuss" features. That doesn't mean they are going to become reality.

My point still stands about lack of transparency...all I'm saying is that there's been a lack of communication around implementing this. How hard is it for TW staff to put a post into TW Staff saying: "testing possible implementation of anti-spawning feature" and then listing the 3-4 exact changes that beam posted and then asked for the community to help.

Instead TW staff decides to take the we're going to make decisions without telling any of the player base then retrack and say that it was because of 1 sentence in a thread where 50% of the people in it told Rasaq to stop crying about spawns?

Comment

Was said in TW if u played it more. Or do u haf all the staffers on ignore?
                    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I get spawned at least 6x a round and now I have high blood pressure. It's still takes a toll on me. I have 0 friends and I emo out over the dumbest shit.

Comment

Don't talk like a fucking retard, theres a reason violence isn't a staffer.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Random spawning adds to the fluidity of the dd imo, and this attempt to take away the unpredictable could negatively affect gameplay. Spontaneity and unpredictability can be some of the best aspects of a person's interaction with this game - especially for a warbird. Besides, who doesn't find a good spawn satisfying - and who is a big enough vagina to actually care about being spawned? I don't think any warbirds who aren't new or vaginas care about spawns. If you read this and think: "I'm not a vagina but, still, I would prefer not to be spawned", then - and I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you - you are a little bit of a vagina.

Creature's points, having played dd5, make this sound pretty foolish. Unless spawning away from the enemy can be managed without compromising relatively random spawning, don't implement this. If this actually can be managed, and respawns appear as natural as they do now, then I guess it would not be that bad, but Dev needs to realise it would be working solely to implement a minor disimprovement on current gameplay

Comment

You're straight up full of shit...show me a screenshot of where staff has been publicizing this. Because I'm online and very active and haven't once seen a single zoner.

Can you stop making up shit to support your nonexistent argument?

Comment

You are an idiot, Sir. Nothing new there.
                              As for spawns: I've seen Ricko sighing about having bad luck with being spawned 5-8 times per dd round alongside other players. So if u don't like changes, start playing WoW. No spawning there.
                              Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Haven't played it yet, but based on Creature's dd5 recounting -- while i support the idea from a philosophical point of view -- definitely needs to be improved in practice.

Are there plans to continue refining it, or is this the final version?
                                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                                X