-Vanguard- recruiting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Vanguard- recruiting!

If there's anyone interested in joining PM me or leave me a message if I don't respond. Looking for new and old players.

TWLD Quitter x5*
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Rasaq i'm glad u've created a squad that recruits anyone . Now after twl i'm gonna create a squad called "crash" that will also recruit as many new players as possible so we can jd/ dd vs each other. All we need is 4 other captains to do the same thing on 4 other seperate squads to increase the activity of twd. The captains should be on the same squad chat to help each other out .

It just would be nice if there can always be 2 squads with 4 or more players during the "dead hrs" (when twd duels rarely happen)... and work on from there.
      Last edited by Fork; 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I didn't think I'd ever say this but: GJ Rasaq.
        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
          Rasaq i'm glad u've created a squad that recruits anyone . Now after twl i'm gonna create a squad called "crash" that will also recruit as many new players as possible so we can jd/ dd vs each other. All we need is 4 other captains to do the same thing on 4 other seperate squads to increase the activity of twd. The captains should be on the same squad chat to help each other out .

It just would be nice if there can always be 2 squads with 4 or more players during the "dead hrs" (when twd duels rarely happen)... and work on from there.
          I think it would be cool if Burnt brought back "It" and Royst brought back "Daycare" and there you'd have those 4 squads. It would be also cool if, as you were saying about the chat with the 4 captains, we could have some sort of feature on TWD site that allows squads such as mine and the one you will make and allow them to swap players that are rostered around to get games ONLY between those squads. It would build a relationship not only in just that one squad, but also among other squads in the community. Would be less shit talk to deal with.

Comment

But shit-talk is halve..more than halve the fun
            (Children)>hunted for life
            (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
            :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Yes it would be nice if we could borrow players to get a game going and any borrowed players will show up on the twd website game stats as: fork (borrowed from crash): 7 - 10. What could happen is if my future squad (crash) has 3 players online and i accept a twjd game against (-vanguard-) who has 5 players on... captains/assist could send a request to your squad: Crash is requesting to borrow a player from your squad. Type !lend: <name> to lend a player from your squad for 1 round.

Players borrowed will last 1 round and squads will need to request again to borrow a player for round 2 if they still don't have enough players. Also u can only borrow 1 player from the team your versing (otherwise u would borrow megaman89 all day long)

^This idea alone should actually increase twd activity

There is problems though:

1) Squad tags... Can a borrowed player still play for a dif squad with a dif squad tag? Can their squad tag automatically change to the team they play for without a password + only for 1 round <--- most likely not.

2) (evil purposes) How do you know the versing squad will lend their player? they could trick you to thinking that they will lend you a player and they don't to win points. Perhaps to avoid this- allow squads to chall + 1 borrowed player? Crash is challenging you for a 3 vs 4 twjd match (+ to borrow 1 player). Go twjd and type !accept crash to play.

3) The borrowed player may purposely tk or not try to make the team lose purposely.

4) Would it ruin the competitive environment? I'm not so sure. Twl is the competitive competition here- twd is about practice and learning and making a squad become more skilled in their league.

^rules could b set to avoid this so if any borrowed players try and tk (if players do a help call- the game will be canceled).
              Last edited by Fork; 02-01-2013, 08:04 AM.
              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Your idea is a nice thought, but borrowing players is a terrible idea. Something that has been suggested is allowing Doublesquadding, but only for the purpose of Scrimages (no points gained/lost). This would allow players to help other squads (including allowing vets to help newbie squads while remaining in their normal squad with their friends) and accomplish much of the same intent that you are looking for. I would not like for Uun-squadded players to be allowed to play in full TWD matches for points; too many things that could go wrong/abused.
                Former TW Staff

Comment

But the idea of double squadding would be too hard on new players because there will always b a very good (unbeatable) player on every squad. I guess this idea of borrowing players could be used during the "dead hours" when rarely games are played. Ok i can understand that you wouldn't want a player that's not on your squad to play with you in a twd game but if you got a twd game during these dead hours (for me its about 9am- 5pm) wouldnt it be pretty good? (you have to think twd should be about training your squad- this feature gives u an opportunity to play more games-if you only have 3 guys on- in preparation for twl).

So mayb restrict this feature to certain times of the day? i'm only suggestin ideas heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                    There is problems though:

1) Squad tags... Can a borrowed player still play for a dif squad with a dif squad tag? Can their squad tag automatically change to the team they play for without a password + only for 1 round <--- most likely not.

2) (evil purposes) How do you know the versing squad will lend their player? they could trick you to thinking that they will lend you a player and they don't to win points. Perhaps to avoid this- allow squads to chall + 1 borrowed player? Crash is challenging you for a 3 vs 4 twjd match (+ to borrow 1 player). Go twjd and type !accept crash to play.

3) The borrowed player may purposely tk or not try to make the team lose purposely.

4) Would it ruin the competitive environment? I'm not so sure. Twl is the competitive competition here- twd is about practice and learning and making a squad become more skilled in their league.

^rules could b set to avoid this so if any borrowed players try and tk (if players do a help call- the game will be canceled).
                    I like your idea about borrowing players and the problems cud be dealt with with these solutions (also only suggestions):

1. Each player has a nick (like wiibimbo) with which he plays for his original team. If he wants to help another squad, he can create an alias and use it in a dd/jd/bd match.

2. You can do this with new players. They wouldn't mind playing for another team as they are still learning the curves. And for them it's all about having fun.

3. No tking in dd, altho the player can die out quickly and not help. If he does that, he loses the ability to be transferred to another team for lets say a week/month. This shud be easy to implement with the bot.

4. Not use this in TWL EVER, not even for the qualifying period. Just during the off-season TWD matches where people play for fun. So I think it would only help increase the number of matches played per day, especially during the off-hours as Fork mentioned.

All in all, it is makeable. The only problem again is: is the vast majority for or against it? Talk to staffers, then maybe make a poll on forum and then take it from there. But again, good suggestions. Keep it up.
                    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Wbduel and Javduel and Base exist and can fill those roles in dead hours, also Dueling arenas are not terrible at building more basic skills.
                      And yeah, its great you are making suggestions and having ideas, I am merely providing my criticism on them.
                      The easier ideas can be made the more likely they are to go over well with players and staff/dev
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

I can understand where your coming from about javduel/ base/ wbduel... this has been the reason why they won't allow squads to challenge themselves (because they can do it in javduel instead)... While the solution seems to "go javduel/ wbduel" have you ever tried to add in all your team on one side?- its hard because the other cap pinches them before i can + my teammates seem to b only motivated in playin twd games + gathering points on twd. The only way you can do it (providing that ur teammates bother to come) is to have 2 caps from the same squad and at the end remove cap.

While javduel/ wbduel go on during these dead hrs... it would be much better idea to have twd playing 24/7 if possible as these games are much more competitive than javduel/ wbduel as i'm sure you're aware of. You'd find that people log on alot earlier if they know there is a chance of playing a twd game.

At least this idea ideally (as a trial) should be integrated for 4-6 newbie squads to use providing that all the caps on these squads focus on recruiting/ training new players only and vsing each other (as playin vs other squads will b too hard). Obviously it will b hard to get enough new players to have 4 on all the time, hence if another "newbie" squad has 5 this feature would be great because that would mean another twd game. I know this idea won't ever get implemented but i'm heavily bored + having some fun.

Comment

I would be in favor of a new type of league that would allow this, allow players to play in twd as the middle league, while helping players in the new league. Have it as more of a casual league, but still keep Ratings and ladders to keep it competetive to an extent.
                          Any thoughts on that as an alternative idea?
                          Former TW Staff

Comment

To be honest, i'm in favour of any change as long as they trial it first to see its impact but trouble is we already have many leagues and some are not very active so adding a new league might not do anything but add to the list of leagues that we already have (twel/ twd/ twel/ hockey/ basing/ draft). Adding new leagues will prob just divert players from twd to them leagues or ?mayb it won't.

Improving the main leagues (twd/ twl) should b the focus if possible since they are most used. In theory if these new squads soon exist + all work together by recruiting new players during the "dead hrs" then a squad should eventually have at least 4 on during these hrs but it would be a shame if there is only 3 in the other squads, hense this idea. Obviously if people are against the feature- then they could simply not accept the request to borrowing a player but take it to account that it will be heavily used for these new squads (if everything works out in my head- which most likely wont).

Obviously this isn't a priority. The priority should be (along with getting more dev staff and coders) making pub look more appealing to new players/ or improving pub experience to get players to stick to pub long enough for a captain to take them away to teach them about twd and get them in a game (80% much more fun than pub- well i think so). Meh i'm talking rubbish now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                              If there's anyone interested in joining PM me or leave me a message if I don't respond. Looking for new and old players.
                              Does this have anything to do with the "____ Vein Dik" people?
                              wicket666> frogs can mate withthem selves

wicket666> they are a sexual

Pepe the F> sounds like they turning Japanese

flojo> their ribbited for your pleasure

Comment

Working...
                              X