Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW News

Hey guys.

This thread will be about recent changes in Trench Wars, in all sorts of categories, to have it all on one page.
    For questions or suggestions please contact me ingame! It'll be updated every here and then, hopefully weekly, depending how much news there are! :-)

----- 18th Mar 2013 -----
    Pub Map Contest:
    The deadline is coming to an end! Hurry up and get your pub map in Rules and email see below. If you would like to have your map uploaded into dev to test it first, try to get a hold of Dezmond, K A N E or myself!

Events:
    If you have ideas/suggestions for the weekend events, please contact our ECT (Event Coordination Team):
    UnderCut <ER>, WillBy, Sheriff and Left_Eye. They're happy about input, and they're happy to make YOU happy!

Advertising:
    To get some new players and to stay in touch with updates we are also trying to get a stronger twitter/facebook communication. You would already help us by following/liking. If you have some realistic ideas on "how to get new players" we would really want to hear them. Just get in touch when you have a certain skill or when you want to help out. Simply contact myself (for now).

Also - what do you think is special about this game, and about TW? Where does it shine? Where does it not?
    Some simple feedback would be awesome. (In PM, ingame, or as a post here.)

Staff News:
    Since a couple weeks we have some new Zone Helpers on board! L O V E and Fozzcat (meow!) joined, DimDum has returned!

----- 28th Feb 2013 -----
    Pub Map Contest:
    Players get the choice to make their dreams for pub real!
    The maps must be submitted to
    trenchwarsmaps@gmail.com
    Quoted from our news.txt:
    "We will be holding a pub map contest! The winner will have their map placed in pub for 1 week! The second/third place winner will have their maps up for a weekend. Deadline: 3/22/2013"
    Rules:
    - Flag must stay in the same position
    - Dueling Area has to stay the same
    - Flagroom spawn area must be kept somewhat the same (so it does not mess up the flagroom warp)
    - No ball game
    - Ships cannot be changed
    - Pub has to be within the rock circle
    - Maximum1 lvz can be sent with your map
    - Your in-game name must be placed at A1"

----- 24th Feb 2013 -----
    Donation Money:
    We are looking to spend our money on more advertising. Staff is looking for possible places to place those on and they will be discussed for pro and cons.
    If you have suggestions on where to put adverts please let us know.

Events:
    We are also looking to spend some cash on weekend events, most likely sundays, after TWL. It is not yet decided on how much and when, but it is not going to be as much as we threw out last season.
    This sunday after TWL we'll have some basing action in ?go boki and ?go turretwar2.

----- 19th Feb 2013 -----
    Pub:This weekend we're going to have a RETRO PUB from 22-24th February! With which map will pinkSTAR surprise us? Let's get the pew pew going!

Staff:
    X-Demo has been hired as <ZH> this morning! Welcome!

----- 18th Feb 2013 -----
    Communication:
    We'll now use our Facebook Page/Group and Twitter, as well as forum, to communicate (upcoming) changes and events better.
    If you're interested, check it out!
    Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/SSTrenchWars
    Stay in touch with our community outside of TW! http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/trenchwars/
    Like our Facebook Page! (under construction) http://www.facebook.com/groups/trenchwars/#!/TWSubspace

Pub:
    Kill-o-Thon has been changed finally to what it was supposed to be! Kills in spawn area no longer count towards killothon - There will be no more basing interuptions and no excessive spawn killing at time of killothon anymore!
    We have also been discussing the idea of finally implementing achievements into pub, and maybe outside of pub aswell. This is just an idea, and it will take a while until it can get implemented, but if you have ideas for it, please don't be shy, tell us!

Weekend Events:
    Even though - or maybe because - TWL is running atm, we have had quite a low outcome for our recent weekend events. However, Pure_Luck and Star Fox have made some Pizza Tournys recently, and we hope to have some moring coming in the future, as well as some more packed weekend events. Updates coming soon!

Staff Changes:
    Within the last month, we have hired 3 new ZHs! Jian Xi (Jian Xi <ZH>) since the end of last month, and Horatio (Horatio <ZH>) and Executed (X <ZH>) are on board since a couple weeks to help out!
    Beasty has been selected to be the new Dean of Staff and will be doing this job along with POiD.
    Reckful is our new Ban Operator!
    Sir Shaddow <ER> has been promoted to Mod (Shaddowknight) to assist me with the Staff Training duties!
    Congratulations to all of them.

That's it for now. If you would like some more information on certain topics, don't hesitate! PM me or post in here
    Last edited by fiS; 03-18-2013, 03:09 PM.

steve is gonna be pissed

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

8)

hi zeebu
      Last edited by the_paul; 02-19-2013, 12:38 AM. Reason: 8)
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

donation money
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

updated a bit

Comment

Thanks for the news fishstick
            We rly appreciate ur hard work for tw
            Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

Added some more news

Comment

Staff News:
                Since a couple weeks we have some new Zone Helpers on board! L O V E and Fozzcat (meow!) joined, DimDum has returned!

i know this is old.. but no one was ever on me, or is currently on me... i dont understand..

sigpic

Comment

July 23rd, 2013
                  F1 menu has been updated with our recent changes to staff (Which can be found here), and it has also returned to having many of the keyboard commands listed in it to be more useful for newer (and more forgetful) players.
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                  X