possible double squadding in twd -- idea only at the moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
    Too tired to put much more detail, but this is the basic theory.
    Originally posted by fiS View Post
    I'm really tired atm. I'm going to comment on it later on.
    Why do you people even bother posting if you are always to tired to comment in the first place?
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I don't know who you think you are
      Gran "Good Game" Guerrero, TW's resident and friendly neighborhood terrorist. Who u?
      sigpic

Comment

- and please excuse my language -
        You're excused.

Now get out of my sight you fat faggot fuck.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
          this would work just fine if only division 1 squads were allowed to compete in twl/ladders/etc
          poll is strangely divided about this, why would anyone be against this idea?
          it would allow more diversity in games, and it would allow individual players to play more often in a dying game, when they might not have had enough players to start a match
          Thats the general idea, basically if squad has a value of 1, ie. you did !squad on as the command, then this squad is in contention to qualify for TWL. This squad cant have any people double squadding with any other squad who also has a value of 1, ie. also competing towards TWL. If a TWD squad decides it is not going to compete in TWL, so !squad off then anyone can join this roster and staff dont check this squad for double squadders.

We could limit players to 1 squad roster with value 1, and 1 value 0 etc etc.. but working those details out are really far down the line. The best way to show this would be:

Squads: Pandora Penetrate
          Fierce Tarragons
          Siege Elite
          Light Lame
          Elusive
          Anti-scrub
          Onix

Ok now only Fierce/light/Elusive and Siege are going to attempt to qualify for TWL, so in this case these squads have hit !squad on, and have a value of 1. All other squads have value of 0.
          Demonic can register for Fierce/light/elusive or siege, but can only be on one of these squads rosters not more then one. However Demonic can join any other roster in TWD as they have a value of 0. So i could be on Light/Tarragons and Lame for example, with only Light going for TWL. If Tarragons then decide to try to enter TWL, the type !squad on and a TWD OP needs to approve roster, so Demonic would have to be removed from roster before they are accepted.

This leaves us 2 leagues, one with the squads with value 1 ---- so Light/Fierce/Elusive/Siege. Only games vs these squads will update this league.

Then we have the normal league with ALL squads in it, including the TWL ones. So Light vs Pandora would update the value 0 league as one of the squads have a value of 0. Call the value 0 league a fun league if u wish, but only squads with value of 1 will be eligible to qualify for TWL. Hopefully this is a bit clearer then previous post.

Comment

just turn the whole system off for qualifications and i wouldnt care what happens. we do not suffer any drop in activity then and this would just add a useless complication during that time. while i doubt it would increase the overall number of games during hte qualification period, i would think that many of hte games would jsut suddenly not count. thats stupid.

i am 100% on board with whatever you feel like doing provided it isnt active during twl qualifications.

i think we can do without this multi squad whatnot during those few weeks where twd actually matters.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

this will also have the added benefit of being able to create training squads, but a downside will be that people will try to abuse toggling division status somehow
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                this will also have the added benefit of being able to create training squads, but a downside will be that people will try to abuse toggling division status somehow
                People will always try, such is the nature of the beast.

With it having to approved by twd op however, its unlikely to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                  Gran "Good Game" Guerrero, TW's resident and friendly neighborhood terrorist. Who u?
                  you forgot worst baser in twd too
                  TWLB Season 12 & 14 Champion

Comment

Not sure why people are having difficulty understanding the idea, tis a good one imo. Should increase activity especially during off hours when multiple squads are sitting with 3 people on.

Comment

Originally posted by zhou View Post
                      you forgot worst baser in twd too
                      u done?
                      sigpic

Comment

One problem I see is people leaving mid games and not giving 2 craps about it because it doesnt matter and without having any consequences. Just one of the many details to be ironed out. Maybe have a system of banning people from say double squadding if they keep ruining games etc etc etc.
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

If there is going to be 2 squads per person make the second squad's games worth playing too.
                          For example make the squads by nationality, I know I would try if I played a jd Finland vs. North American faggots. Or just make 2 huge squads America vs. World. Everyone hate americans so everyone would always try to win

Note: I do not think double-squading is the solution to any problems tw has.

Comment

Originally posted by maketso View Post
                            If there is going to be 2 squads per person make the second squad's games worth playing too.
                            For example make the squads by nationality, I know I would try if I played a jd Finland vs. North American faggots. Or just make 2 huge squads America vs. World. Everyone hate americans so everyone would always try to win

Note: I do not think double-squading is the solution to any problems tw has.
                            Isn't your current squad all fins????????????????????????????????

Comment

Let the game die already.
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                              1:waven> is if im going to prison
                              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

What are the possibilities of keeping squads as is, and getting the bots to let us have the option of ranked and unranked games? Will help with the option of people just flaking out on a match, because you are still technically on your TWD team, and gives an option for helping out with training new people without devastating your ranks.
                                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Working...
                                X