possible double squadding in twd -- idea only at the moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible double squadding in twd -- idea only at the moment

This is the basis of what i added to staff forums, its only an idea but after speaking to DEV is possible. I opened it up to staff to comment, but its important to get players input too, so thoughts please...

Ok -- bare with me as i try to explain all of this.

We add a toggle option for squads on the twd bot, !squad on, !squad off (poor commands but not important for this point)

!squad on assigns the squad a value of 1
    !squad off assigns the squad a value of 0

Players can join any squad they like with a value of 0, with no limit to number of squads, so if a squad is 1 player short to play, they can quickly recruit and play twd. This is recorded on twd site as now and a league is drawn up.

Squads with value of 1 are competitive. They have a seperate league table which is only updated when they play another value 1 squad.

So normal league all squads are in it, and all games, value 0 vs value 0, value 1vs value 0, value 0 vs value 1 updates this league table.

twl qualification league, value 1 vs value 1 only.

In terms of players -- Demonic can be registered for 1 value 1 squad and any # of value 0 squads. We could restrict number of value 0 if we really wanted too. When squad wants to go to value 1 and they toggle, roster is approved by twd op first and then accepted to make sure no players on 2 value 1 squads.

This should mean twd activity dramatically improves as lets say we are 1 player short, i can recruit pure_luck to my value 0 squad to play in some twd games with us. In terms of new player squads, can have vets helping out as much as needed without leaving their value 1 squad. If a value 1 squad loses its players, can toggle down to 0 to recruit and keep going. Value 0 league will become more of a fun league compared to the slightly more competitive value 1.

Too tired to put much more detail, but this is the basic theory. Its quite simple for bots, as its just an IF ELSE statement to check squad value on what table to update.

Any thoughts/comments please put it down and dont just think it, i am also opening this up to the public for any refining ideas as they play in the twd and may think of other parts.
    Good idea, implement ASAP
    35.85%
    Good idea, but needs more work first
    15.09%
    Not a great idea, but has potential
    18.87%
    Terrible idea..dont do it
    30.19%

tl;dr
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Poll added.

Comment

where is the tl;dr option?
        sigpic

Comment

While i remember let me add a couple of elements considered but cant implement

() couple of casual squads only --- would involve complete web and bot re-write. ie. wont happen anytime im still alive
          () Allow a select few players to DS only -- who do u pick, not fair on others who want too as well, in terms of helping out newer squads
          () Monitor players not squads -- as #1 + twd ops couldnt cope with monitoring squads during twl.

Comment

It sounds like a ?go base/javduel/wbduel. I feel like players would end up squadjoined to all of the value 0 squads and there would be games whenever a random group of 8-12 people logged on. Which I guess might not be a bad thing.

How about instead you allow the current squads to recruit ~2 players for the duration of 1 game and the match would not count towards TWD stats (or perhaps a second ladder)? So, for a BD, if two squads only have 4 then they can get 4 players from other squads and play a 6v6. To me that makes more sense than a whole second sub-system of squads.
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Da fuq I just read?
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                where is the tl;dr option?
                Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                tl;dr
                I don't know who you think you are - and please excuse my language - but complete idiots like you drag this forum into shit and make this place and the game worthless, even more being a staffer in the zone trying to make it run as smooth as possible.

While Demonic is trying a huge and brave balancing act between our rock solid twd rules and some players suggestions that's all you've got to say? Get your shit and braincells together.

The idea: Demonic, I've read through it 3 times and I'm still not quite understanding the concept, there is too many gaps and questions popping into my head regarding it. I'm really tired atm. I'm going to comment on it later on.

Comment

Here's the tl:dr for ya:
                  There will be the normal TWD ladder, and a Casual TWD ladder
                  Players may join one Normal twd squad, but also be on the roster for a number of Casual Squads (I suggest limiting 2 Casual squads)
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

my vote was for it being a silly idea

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                      my vote was for it being a silly idea
                      Thats fine, however you guys are the ones who want double squadding to "increase activity and allow to help new player squads", and this is the only way i can do it without affecting TWL qualification.

Comment

i think the offseason is for helping new players join squads. having new players that arent ready for the higher competition dont belong in twl. twd is a good way to get them ready for that, but not during twl qualifications.

i think this double squadding business could turn into a mess with no games ever really counting towards anything. which i guess is fine during the offseason. if you only have it then, i dont see much of a problem. i dont think it should have much of a place during twl qualifications. we dont usually have issues with activity then, and if you do haveactivity issues, its yours and your squads fault, be more active.

having the ability to double squad and have games that dont count will get abused during qualifications. i dont know how and i dont know to what effect, but it will happen. its just how we roll in this zone. squads wanting to make a league will have issues finding games that count for rating.

in summary, i could care less about this as long as it isnt active during twl qualifications.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
                          I don't know who you think you are - and please excuse my language - but complete idiots like you drag this forum into shit and make this place and the game worthless, even more being a staffer in the zone trying to make it run as smooth as possible.

While Demonic is trying a huge and brave balancing act between our rock solid twd rules and some players suggestions that's all you've got to say? Get your shit and braincells together.

The idea: Demonic, I've read through it 3 times and I'm still not quite understanding the concept, there is too many gaps and questions popping into my head regarding it. I'm really tired atm. I'm going to comment on it later on.
                          stfu
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

this would work just fine if only division 1 squads were allowed to compete in twl/ladders/etc
                            poll is strangely divided about this, why would anyone be against this idea?
                            it would allow more diversity in games, and it would allow individual players to play more often in a dying game, when they might not have had enough players to start a match
                            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post

u mad?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X