• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinkflutes

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Sigh.

For one, I never claimed that my idea was the dog's bollocks, you bloody brit. As a matter of fact, I know it was far from perfect and would require tons of tweaking to be perfected; I would gladly even take some of your ideas and throw them into the mix to make the whole shit complete.

Either way, what I simply wanted to do was to show that there are different ways to increase zone and player activity and that one of the ways would require us to either completely remove the rule of double squadding or to modify the rule slightly, allowing players to be rostered on two different squads without any kind of penalty. Naturally this would require our players to not be retarded and actually take advantage of the change, thus they could either join an inactive squad of their friends to boost that squads activity or even create a farm squad with their friends and recruit new players to train there. Players could only be added to one TWL roster et cetera.

I suppose I wasn't clear enough and the whole "hard lock" thing might have slightly confused you; I'm not entirely sure why I even mentioned that kind of thing -- it was on the spur of the moment, I apologize.

Ta ta.

Comment

I say do what maketso says. Got your back bro!

PLADE.
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

@ maketso: your idea seems kind of pointless to implement, to be honest. what we could do is ask for staff to host a "world cup" event in both javelin and warbird with different countries participating -- kind of like the BWCs in the past years, but i'm sure it would be much easier to get people to show for jav/warbird matches than basing nowadays.

.. if that is what you proposed. it's not my call.

just my two cents.

Comment

^that'd be a lot cooler than draft tournament that's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
              @ maketso: your idea seems kind of pointless to implement, to be honest. what we could do is ask for staff to host a "world cup" event in both javelin and warbird with different countries participating -- kind of like the BWCs in the past years, but i'm sure it would be much easier to get people to show for jav/warbird matches than basing nowadays.

.. if that is what you proposed. it's not my call.

just my two cents.
              Thats simple enough to do, and can be done at any point if people want a country dd/jd event etc.. However, would it be 5v5 or would it be like WW3 etc etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                dinkflutes

4:BigKing> xD
                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Twd is already the ‘not serious for fun’ league. TWL is the competitive league. I don’t like the idea that squads are declared as serious or none serious. Or that matches could be ranked, or none ranked because that just decreases compition and the reason to try at all.

However what I always would have liked to have seen is players more easily allowed to play with other squads to make up numbers. Say a match of SquadA vs SquadB is starting. In order to be elligble to help out either squad and offer your services a player not from either squad, either squadless or on a different squad, but still registered to TWD, pms the bot at this stage !assist SquadA. SquadA would then have the option of adding this player. Any squad that wins a match with assisting players would only get half of the points they would normally have received. And SquadB would lose half. A squad could at max allow 2 assisting players to take part in a round. If a squad loses that has assists, they would still lose the full amount.

If you offer !assist’s and then ditch the squad, this could be recorded. Assisting players scores could go into a separate stat area. So squads could look up to see if they wanted to add that player or not. Squads would still have to be accountable for who they decide to add. It could be a friend from another squad… or a vet with a vendetta against who you are against. At the end of the day it is important that these names be registered so that squads can allow and decide to add assisting players by reputation. Maybe squad captains could leave feedback and a star rating which could be added to TWD player profiles. Other squad captains could look up a player before adding them and soon see other squad captain’s comments.
                  Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                  TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post
                    So squads could look up to see if they wanted to add that player or not.

Maybe squad captains could leave feedback and a star rating which could be added to TWD player profiles. Other squad captains could look up a player before adding them and soon see other squad captain’s comments.
                    I feel this is the only flaw in your idea as an option.
                    People are lazy and won't bother looking up/leaving feedback. Do YOU spend the time to send in those Windows Error Reports?
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

this is a stupid fkn idea, cya.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                        this is a stupid fkn idea, cya.
                        And this is why nothing ever changes in TW lol, cos even the public cant decide on things and rather then actually suggesting something and just put random comments.

Anyways voting 11 yes, 10 no with a few in the middle.

As such for the time being at least double squadding in TW will not be progressed, since its clearly not wanted enough for staff, dev etc to put the work in that 50% dont want.

Comment

Uh.. I am not buying that, Demonic.

Staff can easily make progress and even implement this idea if they truly wanted to do that. You should always take what the public says with a pinch of salt, as a good amount of the players voting seem to lack the intelligence and education to make a coherent argument as to why the idea is bad. If you nullified all the votes submitted by the known half-witted people then the numbers would be way different in this vote.

Comment

I like Turbans Idea where it's casual, sorry I was really stoned the other night when I wrote that demonic...

I wouldn't mind being able to start a squad on name "Bat"
                            and being able to squad with another squad on "Ryan" ...

If double squading was accepted would you be able to be on 2 squads if you were a captain?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                              I feel this is the only flaw in your idea as an option.
                              People are lazy and won't bother looking up/leaving feedback. Do YOU spend the time to send in those Windows Error Reports?
                              Yes I do. It takes 2 seconds to click "send report" and then the web page loads that's always broken because the error reporting system doesn't work.

Seriously though, I was the kind of squad captain that would daily check TWD website for squad changes and checked what matches my squad had played. But my squads always died because I couldn't keep people on them despite how active I was. I even made a Rage quit Hitler parody video about it. All I wanted to do was play TWD but players would leave with the no 1 excuse being "we are too inactive".

I accept a possible criticism that leaving feedback would be something that most captains might not care to do. But that's why its an option for squad captains. Not a requirement. Like leaving feedback on Ebay. Doesn't mean the feedback system is a bad idea. Because its only there as an assisting tool for users.

If this system was in place, it would encourage me to actually run a squad again. I would only need 1 person on the squad then. There are always people that just want to play TWD around. I am one. I literally would play TWD for anyone, against anyone. I don't fear struggling against a better opponent. Would also be a really good way of introducing pub players to TWD. I remember learning TWD and how it worked many years ago. I was intrigued by it and wanted to do it because my friend was. At the moment there is a barrier in that it takes people time to talk newer players through it. However, an ideal system would have as few barriers as possible. This system would decrease this initial barrier.

The crime is that it would literally take a bot developer a few hours to implement this and that is it. My idea is not even a double squadding idea so probably should be in a separate thread.
                              Would need only 2 commands to a Matchbot:

!assist SquadA - Check if squad is playing a match.
                              -pm captains/assistants of squad to allow them the option of being added.

!addass Playername - Check if player has offered to assist.
                              - Add player
                              - AssistplayerAdded = true
                              The global variable set to True is so at the end of the match the points change is calculated at 50%.

All the Web work would take longer to do because it takes ages! But it could be done at a later date. I don't see why the website side wouldn't just work as is. Players are recorded as being a part of team 0 or 1. Not by squadname. So stats would still be recorded and displayed fine. It would just work.

This system:
                              -Ease of implementation
                              -Faster introduction of newer players to TWD
                              -Allows existing players to play as much TWD as they like not having to rely on their current squads activity.

Here is a deal: If this is implemented, I will return to Dev and complete my proposed TWD/TWL medals revamp. (Presuming the answer to that was a yes that is)
                              Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                              TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Here's the solution, remove the block to register more then 1 name, and lock twl rosters. Bring back playing on 3, squads at once and ppl guessing who it is. This is the only way this works.

Comment

Working...
                                X