No announcement yet.

possible double squadding in twd -- idea only at the moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this idea, Ardour. I believe it allows guys get more exposure; play with players they normally wouldn't get a chance to.
    RaCka> how can i get you here
    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by death row View Post
      I like this idea, Ardour. I believe it allows guys get more exposure; play with players they normally wouldn't get a chance to.
      If you want guys to expose themselves to you more, all you have to do is ask.
      "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
        If you want guys to expose themselves to you more, all you have to do is ask.
        is this a penis joke? i think this is a penis joke. does anyone else think this is a penis joke?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Can we doublesquad yet? After hunt single handedly dismantled us in twl without even being on a twl squad, my squad has gone awol. Would be nice to join a twd squad atm.
          1:waven> u challenge
          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

is fierce inactive? guess the intervention worked everyone...you will thank us in the long run
            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Players get a somewhat related league experience playing events like ?base ?wbduel and ?javduel
              Which are on the go all the time in trench and require no squad commitment.

All three of these events could be enhanced further.

Everyone has a point of view here, my own is that double squadding and squad hopping do not improve the leagues. If you look at the most competitive squads, bonds of friendship or mutual goals to win tie players together. Dice, Penetrate, Fierce, all examples, full of players who have played together for years and stick together.

I don't have a problem with a player keeping an inactive name on an inactive squad while squadding elsewhere. I don't agree with temporarily joining multiple squads so TWD games can be created. If caps want to twd more they should recruit more, and play a more active role in running their squads. Part of what makes a squad identity is the players that represent it, and the amount of practice leaders and members of squads put in. Fun squads with active leadership enhance the game, squads with inactive/lazy leadership (IE Sage) take away from it. Some players will go back to the same squads with their same friends/same goals to be competitive/active - other players would rather play on fun squads and get an occasional TWD game in. You get what you put in.

I think end of day though, TWD is what it is. It should not be restricted with severe rules (IE your only allowed to join 2 twd squads per year) and it should not go the other way (encouraged double squadding/squad hopping). I am not a fan of aliasing etc, but see that even that has a place in this game for some.

TWD and special events have improved the game a lot. One thing that needs improvement is the way the leagues are run. TWL for example has an inactive website which is not maintained or updated properly. And yet for a free game, what can one expect. Things have improved a lot since the early days when there was no bot automation. For years people have said this game is dying, let the game die etc. The game still continues to roll on though.

Comment

Just saw this thread and I'm not going to read through 4 pages to find out of this was brought up or not but...

I voted "Good idea, but needs more work first" because the goals aren't clearly defined and then the metrics used to determine progress aren't clearly defined.

If you say you want to increase activity in TWD, would you then tally up the total number of TWD's in a day and calculate an average, and compare the average to what it was prior to allowing double squadding? How long are you willing to test this out before you determine if it's effective or ineffective? The reason I ask these important questions is because I've seen what has happened with pub, and it's fucking terrible. Changes are made left and right, who knows if it's beneficial or harmful to the zone. If this is going to be anything like the changes in pub then I change my vote to no, if however, before any changes are made, goals are established, with metrics to verify progress, and a finite amount of time is agreed upon to determine the changes a success or failure, then I vote yes. You can't be afraid to go back to the way things were (no double squadding ever, period) if this wasn't very effective. I see that a lot in pub, "oh this new shit didn't work? Let's try some other new shit"

People can bitch about what's right for the zone or not right for the zone all day but nobody really knows what would happen with this sort of system, so I say go for it, but only if you give it direction and purpose...
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                3:Best> see it coming
                3:Best> sad

Comment

Are we going to do this?

Comment

no, votes were too divided
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

Thanks, silly.

Nonetheless, I want the official stance about this from our TWD staff to see if it would be possible to get this idea rolling -- relying on votes is silly anyways in our community.

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.net/showthr...060&viewfull=1
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

Hmm?

Either way, I don't feel like you have the experience or knowledge to assist me on this case. I will try to have a talk with Demonic on a later date, neither of us are that active meaning it might take a while until we happen to be online at the same time.

I'd like to see this happening in a way or another in the near future.

Comment

If you really want to count votes, you should consider who voted in the middle two options and request where their stance is to have it or not. Then do a tax on how many players voted no because they just can (i.e. me), but do a tax on those who want it because they are sucking up staffs titties (i.e. most of you) and then you have a more accurate reflection of who voted yes or no.
                            sigpic
                            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

WE ARE NOT A DEMOCRACY! WE NEED A STRONG LEADER WHO IS NOT AFRAID OF MAKING DECISIONS! GROW BALLS, LADY!

Your idea sounds like it would require a lot of work, Gran. Denied.

Comment

i'll just say what i did earlier, as long as the whole system is nixed during twl qualifications, i dont give a flying fuck.

we dont suffer any significant drop in activity during twl qualifications. someone would only try to abuse this system during that span.

then again i honestly dont care much that way either, it would lead to some entertaining drama filled posts. so i guess go do what you want.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X