The end of Trench Wars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
    There's going to be a meeting about pub stuff in the very near future, as management of pub has changed slightly. I've got a good feeling we will see some changes happening (if only to test how things will go) in an attempt to create a better pub experience.
    Pub meeting again, open for the actual players, or just mods?

Comment

This will probably be mostly staff/dev at this point, to get our directions straight and all on the same page. I would imagine once we get that set, the public will be involved more with decisions involving changes to Pub. Expect an update soon on it.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
        I do agree with much of this, but you also forgot another option:
        Build a new store. Update the contents, and hope that the new owner does a better job than the last (if not, repeat process in a few years. Not the best of ways to go, but it's better then sitting stagnant.) ...
        True enough, walking away from SS and its limitations is one possible solution. Are you talking about starting an new open source gaming client based upon SS design? Open source projects are notoriously difficult projects to manage and control. There will be many things such as legal tasks and project management activities such as hitting milestones which represent very real challenges which appear to remain unaddressed.

Something this size requires real project leadership and at a minimum, real resources in the form of diverse community of volunteers. In other words not just a handful of coders but rather resources such as lawyers, graphic artists, marketing experts, test engineers are all required to assist a project manager develop the product.

But trying to rally a handful of people to kludge together a SS knockoff without doing things like patent searches, trademark protection, and marketing plans is a surefire plan for failure.
        eph

Comment

Working...
        X