The end of Trench Wars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of Trench Wars.

Everytime I log into Trench Wars now I realize how close this game is to being completely dead, anything done now will be too little too late. This downward spiral has been happening for years now and too many people are gone, too many entertaining productive members of this games society have left permanently or log in only occasionally to see if anything is going on. So I guess the point of this post is to point out how it happens, why it happened, and why this will likely be the considered the last TWL of any value or worth.

As the zone is now, there are generally 170 people or so on, counting bots and afk players lets go ahead and say 100 people are actually playing this game at any given time, unfortunately due to staffs lack of insight nobody is really playing any league matches, the concept of squads that actually play twd matches is down to a handful who are forced to constantly play each other. The other squads form for TWL and don't really need to practice to be better than anything else this zone could put together. I notice Distension is back, with a bot that constantly spams out advertisements for it, and is hosted quite regularly. The event kills every other arena in the zone while it is running including public arenas and twdd which is one of the reasons the smarter people who decided it was a bad idea to begin with didn't want it. So you login and are forced to play a game or to not play.

Staff really dropped the ball here, anyone who cared enough to actually complain about the lack of action or the decisions being made has long sense stopped giving a shit, and this is what you get.. a zone who thinks it has a shot to recreate itself with something that is being secretly crafted and coded. The few players left who care enough to want to know what is being created are being left in the dark, and day after day they give even less of a shit. Even if this endeavor does succeed then what.. what kind of zone are we going to even have left to bring new players into. Staff for the most part is a joke and care more about getting promoted and having more power than doing their jobs correctly. Ridiculous inner-staff rules that stifle any player to staff interaction, staff that doesn't think its a good idea to have people critique what they have been working on for years, staff that doesn't listen to the playerbase. I honestly don't think that even if we managed to get 5000 new players that we have a staff that could manage it, they would just quit after the obvious clusterfuck that is this zones management.

Anyways there is nothing we can do about it but I guess I just wanted to say I told you so, although I started alot of staff on staff and in game sometimes people, including upper staffers needed to hear how they were fucking up and how the rules they were creating were fucking retarded and not helpful. There is literally nothing we can do to fix this now, we are at the bottom of the barrel and too many bridges have been burned. Its honestly fucking sad to see the zone go away like this.. I would have been happier had it just been shut down a year ago instead of being left to sit around corrupted and rotten a bloated corpse of what it once was.

Thanks people in charge, you have done what people have said was going to happen for five years. I hope you enjoy the power to control the tens of players that will be left after TWL is over in your distension pub.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Trenchwars is far from dead. The leagues have been slow and boring before, and are slow and boring again. Big deal.

Its true far less TWD Activity. That said I see way more javduels and wbduels been played in past. Lots of events for newbies to enjoy.
    Lots of people playing pub - pub bucks, duels etc - stuff that was never around in past. So there's a focus on distention - and lots of people playing good for them. Next year it will be another event. Trenchwars will see more entertaining league play in the future.

I think the negative attitudes of a minority of trench wars population does not help. The expectation that staff is to be around to serve all your needs and wants, and that if staff takes different approaches its the end. Seriously? your ranting and raving about a free game which is experiencing a natural decline.

Players come and go. They get old and move on. They come back and take off. Way of the game, way of most games. I think people should appreciate what remains and work to make it better, rather then bemoan about how the game is dying, staff is making all the wrong decisions etc. Maybe your just tired of the game and need a break. Get outside, enjoy the fresh air, forget about the game, and come back to it when you feel like enjoying it again and contributing to it.

In the days of PS3, Xbox, and millions of PC games - its cool that players still come to play this simple but fun game.

Comment

something something not with a bang but a whimper
      Originally posted by paradise!
      pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
      1:Reaver> HALP
      1:Reaver> HELELP
      1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
      1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Started watching walking dead, and if you've seen it aswell you'd know that the group doesn't survive by crying over the fact that the worlds gone to shit, people they loved are fuckin dead, and theres no guarantee of a safe place waiting for them. What does get them by is their drive to protect what they have now, and eachother.

I love u kthx but if everyone in tw had the same attitude as you the zone would have died a long time ago. New players do come, and they stay for the same reasons we all did, cuz the community is sick. I talked to somebody on dice who just started playing awhile ago cant remember his name but he said just that. If all the ppl who play are depressed emos itll push new players away that shits just unnatractive.

i do like ur blame staff approach tho, my best memories on this game was messing with staff it felt like we were overthrowing a corrupt government or something...fuck you staff

Comment

I rarely play this game now, and never get in forums anymore. For some reason, I suddenly decided to come and see what is going on.

What do I find? Kthx, the bitch, whining about the game.

What do I say about that?

Kthx, suck my cock.

Goodbye...
          Mega Newbie
          TWLD Season MVP - 3 times
          TWLD Captain/wb player Champion - Stray
          TWEL wb and spid Champion!
          TWLD final's chocker - 3 times
          TWLJ bencher Champion
          TWLB bencher Champion
          Inactive Player

Comment

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
            I rarely play this game now, and never get in forums anymore. For some reason, I suddenly decided to come and see what is going on.

What do I find? Kthx, the bitch, whining about the game.

What do I say about that?

Kthx, suck my cock.

Goodbye...
            You are "welcome to leave", vile satanist

Comment

I would say play while you listen to videos about the truth. Listening to truth interviews that do not require watching. Listening to the Rense Program. Click here, then load Pub

http://www.youtube.com/user/JRense

Comment

this game died when i decided to take my talents else where
                1:megaman89> dont leave me

1:megaman89> great
                1:megaman89> made my gf emo
                1:requiem> LOL
                1:Ri$e Again$t> /wrists
                1:megaman89> not gna buy me food for a week now
                1:megaman89> jesus fuk
                1:Chief Utsav> this is me
                1:Chief Utsav> caring
                1:megaman89> gna starve

1:Cig Smoke> what u noobs talkin bout
                1:Sauro> its an a b conversation cig smoke
                1:Cig Smoke> and im about to (C) ur way outa here
                1:grandmastahs> LOLOL

Comment

Quitting this game was the best thing in my life. Thank God for Dral and other pro staffers with which I enjoy my games now. Cya TW!
                  "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                  Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                  Dral>I can get implants

Comment

tw not dying. sage just forfeited twlb finals because they were running boston marathon and lost their hands
                    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by schope View Post
                      tw not dying. sage just forfeited twlb finals because they were running boston marathon and lost their hands
                      Too soon.
                      TWLD Champion 2014
                      TWDTB Champion 2013
                      TWDTB Champion 2016
                      TWDTB Champion 2017
                      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

2 bad u weren't running that marathon, schope.
                        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

I lived in Santa Maria - RS - Brazil for two years and kiss night club was near my home.

Imagine if i were there ? 235 died

8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                          8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                          8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                          8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                          8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                          8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

At least u wouldn't be able to tell sick and stupid things on this forum. U make me sick! Go suck on LF's dick, be4 I blow it off.
                            Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

schope makes a good point indirectly

it's too soon for like 2-3 ppl that died

but it's meh when over 200 ppl die in another country in one incident.
                              sigpic
                              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
                              X