No announcement yet.

The end of Trench Wars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd still probably be playing if they hadn't brought in that stupid pubbucks system some staff deluded themselves into believing it was the only thing to save the game ...

thats why i quit playing and looking back it's very sad to see the money raised from the community was wasted or not even spent and how unaccountable staff seemed to be when it came to a time frame or any fucking notion of what to do with the money

that should have been discussed and outlined beforehand with different goals for different amounts of money raised like kickstarter

even after over 2 years of not playing it still pisses me off
    fucking phantom bullshit website we dont need will save a game we are destroying in order to "save" ... :\

i say revert the changes put me in charge and i can finally ban levterrs and free pub basing
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Hello guys,

I took long part of my life playing this game and helping to create the new pub system with Dexter. I'm really sad watching all this posts saying things like that about a game who in 3-5 years ago it was the most hard game and most fun game to play to me.

I suggest to take all donated money and try to find some one who has a big knowhow of marketing and start publizice in games websites , facebook , Steam , etc. We need to marketing this game, How is possible getting new player if no one knows about continuum? We should make some videos and post on youtube to show for everyone how much fun it's play subspace/TW.

We should make more League Events like TWL Summer for example because old players only join in subspace when it's TWL's time. A good way to show for everyone how hard it's to play some league in subspace is stating a transmition using TwitchTV as League of Legends did and today it's the most played game in the world.

I think that staffs need to be together now and think about it, think how can show this game to the world.

Old players , you guys should stop talking like that and start to help, use all the knowhow to help the game grow up.

I'm always here if needed as a player or Staff. Me and Dexter are doing some plans and we will appear again soon.

Comment

Magnetic, we are actually in the process of getting on Steam. Last year we began to advertise on 420 chan (.an initial thing to see how it went, unsure of any other advertising thay has been done)

We also used to have a Twitchtv live stream running, but the staffer who operated it is no longer playing. Perhaps thays something that we could pick back up on.

I know I dontspeak for all of staff, but I would behappy to have a few more experienced staffers back on board! Hope to see you soon either way.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

considering kthx called this game "dead" 5 years ago prob means we got plenty of twls to come

Comment

no idea why people keep posting in a thread made with worthless drivel from a blathering idiot
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Pandora ended it on a high note

game's dead now for sure.
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

This happened because I was inactive finishing my graduation course.

Now I'm back, babies. TW Won't die.
                “Imagination is more important than knowledge...”
                -Albert Einstein

- Web / Bots Developer
                -Bots / Systems creator
                -Pub Money creator[/B]

Comment

it's just not worth your time to try to bring it back dex.. if anything just use this time for more experience in your field.. but I wouldn't try too hard in trying to "bring it back" ...

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                    it's just not worth your time to try to bring it back dex.. if anything just use this time for more experience in your field.. but I wouldn't try too hard in trying to "bring it back" ...
                    ...?

are u done..? holy crab cakes...someone stick a fork through this man's jugular.
                    4:BigKing> xD
                    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                    4:BigKing> what did i do???
                    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                    4:BigKing> ???? why though
                    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                    4:BigKing> xD

Comment

We got some motivated people doing stuff now, so either pitch in and help, or get out of our way and let us get shit done!
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                        if anything just use this time for more experience in your field..
                        what you dont understand is advanced dev IS experience
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                          ...?

are u done..? holy crab cakes...someone stick a fork through this man's jugular.
                          AMEN. Kill them all.
                          sigpic

Comment

Distension really does ruin TW for anyone that might log in to see how things are going. I log in every 6 months or so, and all I ever see is distension and every other arena with 2 players max (aside from pub). Distension takes zero skill and is an event which ruins the competitive nature of TW/Subspace. If any of the staffers actually knew their head from their ass, they would realize that distension makes TW perpetually dead.

But hey, the staffers seem to like it, even though throughout TW history, staff has always been full of basers and new players who aren't competitive because they aren't good players.
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                              We got some motivated people doing stuff now, so either pitch in and help, or get out of our way and let us get shit done!
                              Having motivated people was never the problem nor was it that things were not getting done. The game was neutered the day that it was decided it to freeze the client code. This sealed its fate not only as a product but also in terms of zone/development leadership. No leadership was needed for simply maintaining the game, only baby sitters.

If SS was a retail store it was like the owner turned the store over to other with the condition that the items in the store could never be changed, the store always had to offer the exact same products and product lines forever. You can try to make this store better by moving the items in the store around but the customers are not fooled. A fresh coat of paint and new carpet makes this store better but is not enough to really help the bottom-line. You can go out and bring new customers in but they also see that it is nothing but dated items in the store and are not coming back.
                              So all you need is some pimply-faced kids to work in this store, no amount of leadership is going to change the fact that the items in this store are not in high demand.

Best chance at survival of this store? Stop wasting time moving items around the store, we all see that it is nothing more than the same items displayed in a different way. Become one of those ‘retro’ stores, one of those stores that is as much a museum as it is a store. Rediscover the core competencies of the game and the zone (i.e emphasize original teamwork features and drop all the bullshit crap in Pub 0).

Or just continue to allow the pimply-faced kids to just keep tweaking the server-side elements of the game thinking that somehow, someday, someone will stumble on something that might make the game popular again. If this is what you mean by 'get out of our way and let us get shit done' than have at it. We all see just how well this approach has worked over the last 10 years.
                              eph

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                                Having motivated people was never the problem nor was it that things were not getting done. The game was neutered the day that it was decided it to freeze the client code. This sealed its fate not only as a product but also in terms of zone/development leadership. No leadership was needed for simply maintaining the game, only baby sitters.

If SS was a retail store it was like the owner turned the store over to other with the condition that the items in the store could never be changed, the store always had to offer the exact same products and product lines forever. You can try to make this store better by moving the items in the store around but the customers are not fooled. A fresh coat of paint and new carpet makes this store better but is not enough to really help the bottom-line. You can go out and bring new customers in but they also see that it is nothing but dated items in the store and are not coming back.
                                So all you need is some pimply-faced kids to work in this store, no amount of leadership is going to change the fact that the items in this store are not in high demand.

Best chance at survival of this store? Stop wasting time moving items around the store, we all see that it is nothing more than the same items displayed in a different way. Become one of those ‘retro’ stores, one of those stores that is as much a museum as it is a store. Rediscover the core competencies of the game and the zone (i.e emphasize original teamwork features and drop all the bullshit crap in Pub 0).

Or just continue to allow the pimply-faced kids to just keep tweaking the server-side elements of the game thinking that somehow, someday, someone will stumble on something that might make the game popular again. If this is what you mean by 'get out of our way and let us get shit done' than have at it. We all see just how well this approach has worked over the last 10 years.
                                eph

I do agree with much of this, but you also forgot another option:
                                Build a new store. Update the contents, and hope that the new owner does a better job than the last (if not, repeat process in a few years. Not the best of ways to go, but it's better then sitting stagnant.)

There's going to be a meeting about pub stuff in the very near future, as management of pub has changed slightly. I've got a good feeling we will see some changes happening (if only to test how things will go) in an attempt to create a better pub experience.
                                Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
                                X