X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Announcement - Continuum is going on Steam

Official Announcement - Continuum / TW is going on Steam

Hi Trench Community

Maybe recently you have heard some rumours regarding "something new" is going to happen. We are happy and proud to tell you what is going on, after all.

Recently we have discovered a way to bring Trench Wars up to Steam. Special thanks to K A N E for getting this all in motion.

It sounds simple, but it is not. This is maybe our last and only chance to bring Continuum and Trench Wars back to life again.
    For this unique opportunity both staff and the community must be well prepared. Proper preparation is the main factor that keeps us away from immediately submitting the game. Without taking the appropriate course, there is a great chance that we could risk our chance of giving this delightful 90's game back the life it deserves.

We need to present ourselves professionally. We need marketing! Also, we need to be prepared for a bunch of new players joining our game. Currently, we cannot estimate the amount of new people coming and staying as these results would be dependent on our marketing strategy and the players' first impression of our public arena and community.

For that we need people who are able to make professional looking and quality graphics as well as videos.
    If you are capable of helping us out with what we need, please do not be afraid to contact us or submit your work! It is urgently needed!
    It would be awesome if we and you, this game's community, could do it all alone.

But we do not have much more time left. Therefore there will be a deadline of approximately 1 month for you to submit your work. (Deadline: End of May 2013)

If we can not find suitable sources on here when the deadline is over, we will be looking to pass the work on to a professional company. (If you know any, please tell us)
    We would rather give a reasonable amount to our own community though over hiring a company!

Here is an example of what a Steam page looks like:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=140016697

And here is what we are currently in search of:

We need a 268x268px "Box Cover Image" as you can see on the top right in the link above.
    This picture should present Subspace Continuum as a whole. If you are a graphic artist, please use your imagination and creativity to come up with something that will give everyone a "wow" effect. Try to create something simple but that sticks around in people's heads. It shouldn't be boring but instead contain some action with Continuum's facets.

Video:
    Also we will need a sort of "Introduction Video" that shows some active gameplay and represents the game.
    If you can't edit a video, it would be already a great help if you could record some events or league games so that we have some footage to work with!
    Please do not use music with copyright! We don't want to get in trouble. Please use these links for reference if needed.
    http://subspace-continuum.com/
    http://trenchwars.org/dezmond/advertising/videos/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=algSNNceHoI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTCSNuTk1rw

Description:
    A small but informative description is also required. We currently have something for it, but we are always looking for something better. If you have some spare time for us and feel like contributing (and if you are a good writer), then please go ahead and submit your info text. Keep in mind that depending on this people will consider wether to download the game or to move on to something that looks more appealing to them. However, it should not be too long, yet cover the most important facets of the game.

Screenshots:
    Funny Screenshots with lots of action going on will help us too! I'm sure you all have some suitable ones. While screenshots with high streaks do not really look entertaining, try to submit some funny ones showing Continuum's (not only Trench Wars) possiblities. Packed flagrooms with some explosions, some repels, maybe bricks and decoys would fit.

While these things are important in the matter of how we represent ourselves visually on Steam, Trench War's Development Staff will be working on a good way to welcome our new players. Currently we are thinking about a tutorial arena. If you have thoughts and input regarding this, please let us know.

For further questions, concerns and suggestions do not hesitate to contact us.
    Please submit your work or screenshots either here in this topic, contact us ingame or email us: TWStaffSteam@gmail.com

List of people currently involved in this, preferably contact one of them:
    Dezmond, fiS, K A N E, humid, KrynetiX

Please be aware that excessive nonsens or troll posts will be deleted.

Regards,
    Trench Wars Staff

excessive nonsense and troll post,

but good luck!
    (Children)>hunted for life
    (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
    :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

I feel like a couple screenshots from the LB finals would do great justice in the screenshots department. Probably during a time when one team is holding a cram and the other is aggressively trying to break it, though at a time when people are moderately scattered out so people seeing such a thing for a first time would understand that there are lots of people flying around amidst the chaos trying to survive and conquer.
      6:dald> my entire squad convinced me that thunder lost in all 3 playoffs
      6:dald> did like 5 help calls only to find out thunder didn't play any games

2:Bolt> im getting so many PMs its unbelievable
      2:Fludd> hack tmac
      2:tmac> go ahead and try bitch i got NORTON

Season 12 TWL-D/TWL-J champion (thunder)

Comment

Only about 5% of games submitted to Steam Greenlight have been "Greenlit"

Also I don't see how we get past this:

Before you post your game or software to Steam Greenlight, you must agree to the following:

You own the rights to sell the game or software you are posting, or you have specific authorization to represent the developer
        If we don't own the rights/can't prove that we do to steam, then Steam isn't even going to consider releasing Continuum.

There's lots of videos of TWL posted here: http://www.youtube.com/user/FieryFire3D
        Here's a subspace promo video I found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXqS2WCN2Xc

Comment

We are not selling anything, its free. Also we have taken such things into account and have made arrangements to make sure its taken care of (or are in the process of such)
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
            Official Announcement - Continuum / TW is going on Steam

well that depends on what your definition of 'is' is.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Quite a misleading Title for this topic. Also, not going to happen, but good luck!
              "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Have you guys included the other zones in this whole process?

Have all the bugs been worked out of the bots? Just the other night in ?go base the bot awarded the losing team the win when the winning team still had a few seconds left before they hit the 10 minute mark.

The forums need to be worked on. Whenever I click on "Reply to Thread" nothing happens at all. It is not until I double click on the "Reply to Thread" button or click on the "Reply" button on a post that I am given the chance to actually reply - I'm using the latest version of Firefox by the way.

Lastly, earlier today I submitted a question through ?help a few times and could not get a response for a good 15...20 minutes. Having been in staff myself, I know that sometimes a call cannot be responded to immediately, but I do not remember a call going unanswered for as long as my question went unanswered. It took a Moderator training a new Zone Helper to finally answer my question. I later found out that there were several staffers who could have answered my question but did not. Is Staff even prepared for the onslaught of questions that will be coming in should this come to pass? Are there even enough staffers in Staff that are actually active and willing to help?

I recently started playing again about a week ago. While I would really like to see this whole thing take off, I am not so sure this zone is ready for it.

Comment

contact the unliked one
                  he makes some bitchin nebula/planetary shit
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

We have support from 5 other zones, how much of what kind of support they are giving im not certain of, but they are all rtaken intoconsideration.

This is a Continuum thing, not just a TW thing.
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                      If we don't own the rights/can't prove that we do to steam, then Steam isn't even going to consider releasing Continuum.
                      Does anyone on staff right now have authorization from the VIE team to do this? Aren't they the ones that own the Subspace game?

I know we're not selling anything, but this game isn't really abandonware either. Would like some details on who owns the game, and whether or not they're ok with it on steam. Other than that, making a greenlight site doesn't mean too much.
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
                        Does anyone on staff right now have authorization from the VIE team to do this? Aren't they the ones that own the Subspace game?

I know we're not selling anything, but this game isn't really abandonware either. Would like some details on who owns the game, and whether or not they're ok with it on steam. Other than that, making a greenlight site doesn't mean too much.
                        this was actually discussed just yesterday. We are working on figuring out exactly what copyrights and ownerships are in place. As for VIE, that comlany no longer exists. We have to go through and figure out who the rights got sold to and if the full rights were sold each time and all that jazz, and exactly how much Priit has ownership of.
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

This would be great. Get EG/SVS involved.

Comment

Hopefully the first thought that came to mind was banning Tower from pub.

Where all else has failed something is bound to go right, let this be it!

Comment

Banning tower is actually a viable option for increasing the population. I'm sure many people enter into the game and quit it forever after listening to him for 4 minutes.
                              sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                              1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X