Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some News and Plans

Hi Trenchers!
    A news post, because you all love news posts!

Steam Greenlight

Since sunday, May 19th, Continuum is on Steam Greenlight. We have achieved this with a cross-zone effort and a lot of people's dedication and skills. For those who don't know: Greenlight is the only step and chance for games to get on Steam. We need your support to get "greenlit" - the best support is if you vote "YES" (note: that only works if you have a full steam account). While we are still in the process, which can take up to months, we are trying to get prepared for it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=144913037

Steam Player Influx (?)

Even though we are just on Greenlight for 2 days, we can already say that we have a noticeable new-player increase. Might be coincidence, most likely not though. By the end of the week, or maybe the next week, we will be trying to come up with statistics from a week or two before and after being on Greenlight - Dezmond will be working on it. This will have to wait a couple days because 2 days are obviously not enough to compare.

Public and Maps

Since Sunday, May 12th, I am now in charge of the Pub and our maps. Here's a little of what I intend to change or maintain.
    - The A1 Rules have been updated.
    - The welcome process of our new players.
    Hack will be working to re-new the "trusted" player system. If you intend to help, you will find more information on that shortly. The objects such as the tutorial (!quickhelp) will be overworked as well.
    - We intend to implement a Poll feature in the Pub so that we can get everyone's opinion on certain topics. Because the game should be the first way to get opinions, although the forum is a great supporting tool, the majority of our public players do not use it.
    - Updating the F1 menue and making it more newbie friendly is the next thing on the agenda.
    - The News.txt will be updated and maintained with information.
    - Future Splash screens will be made more player-friendly. That is either being achieved with transparency or text-only. They will only pop up when you enter the zone, and not when you return to the public.
    - Information regarding updates, possible changes, implemented changes will be communicated.

If you have questions regarding WingZero's post some days ago about Pubbucks possibly getting removed, I can not give an update on that yet. We are aware of all the people who have donated and so forth, therefore the process can not be easily undone, so we need to be looking into a suitable solution in case the bots are stressed too much.
    I will also be looking further into the issue with LevTerrs being currently overpowered. My opinion - and I share this opinion with a lot of other players - is that the public is there and availiable for everyone in any ship and on whatever frequency. Therefore limiting or removing Levs will not be an option.
    The main concern on this topic is that at some times, during "dead hours", when there are only around 5vs5 people playing, pub can not sacrifice enough players to hunt LevTerrs, therefore the point that it is ruining the basing is legit and a compromise, that could be achieved with mutliple solutions, needs to be found.

If you wish to contribute to our zone with your map(s), please don't hesitate (trenchwarsmaps@gmail.com).

Rule Additions

If you haven't noticed, the A1 Rule image has been updated. Not only we are now using Jab's graphic, we have also added 1 rule that you should be aware of.
    "12.) Harassment or otherwise insulting behaviour towars zone staff."

Questions, concerns, ideas. As always, post them up here or drop me a ?message.

In re: 12) harassment etc.

This sounds like someone got butthurt and wanted this rule thrown in. Grow thicker skin. If someone insults you, you shouldn't ban them. That's ridiculous. There's so many things wrong with that - it sounds childish.

Comment

You should really delete that shitty rule, it is basically left wide open for a random mod to get revenge on a player for calling him out for being retarded.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Are you going to ban me for telling fozzy to stop talking like a fucking cat since hes on staff and should know better.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

That rule isnt enforced unless screenshots or logs are checked by a smod+ so dont expect to see it used often unless someone really wants to push their luck with it.
          5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
          1:Cig <er>> ROFL
          1:fiS> LOL
          1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

Bullshit. Delete it.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Unless you want to give an extremely detailed list of what is considered harassment, and extend that to players as well.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

is that harassment rule serious? LOOOOOOOOOOL...basically it lets butt-hurt emotional staffers ban or silence people...putrid fks

scenario:
                cres> 24 u ever gonna do anything with that donation money
                24> im banning you for harassment
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Kthx> poid I can't believe they made your faggot ass a dean again, you are worthless, you hire staffers who talk like cats in pub.

you have been disconnected from SSCU Trenchwars
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

cres> thought we ran ur fgt ass out of here and back to dsb
                    oO.Oo> You have insulted me. I am silencing you for 30803580385 hours.
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Gran Guerrero> Lebron
                      JAMAL> Axed

Wait where am I?
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

If the staffer feels they have been harassed to an extent they feel is excessive, they will forward the issue to a SMOD to review. Either an allowed ?ignore or a ban will then be levied, based on severity.

At least this is how I would assume it shall be handled based on what I have seen.
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

If mods are really out to ban you they will, examine my perm ban from a year ago for instance. Rules dont really matter then
                          (Children)>hunted for life
                          (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                          :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Of course this will be controversial and players are afraid it will be used too excessively, which I am also unsure about because of that. Rules are to protect the players from each other mostly, but now this is here, there's little to protect the players from Staff. If this becomes a problem, I wouldn't expect this rule to stick around. I would hope that it would be removed if players are being treated unfairly under it.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

90% of staff are faggots and I want the right to call them faggots.
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                              1:waven> is if im going to prison
                              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Working...
                              X