Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few names stood out from this list. Namely Eelam, renzi, turban, wbm and sphinx.

I can understand that these ratings may have been a reflection of stats during this past twl. Someone who can base competently, but give a sub par/mediocre/weak-link performance in twl should be 6. Someone who is a capable twl starter should be a 7. Someone who is a difference maker should be an 8 (difference maker meaning: If one of them doesn't show up, your team doesn't have a chance of winning). A 9 or 10 ? Judging by the ranking, these are people who have either won multiple titles as finals starters, or a single title holder with multiple finals appearances.

Captains going afk mid season, and squads collapsing should have no bearing on individual skill level. Here are the facts. Eelam has faced dice in 2 finals with pandora, a basing veteran who can competently start in spid AND shark against top opposition, and quite frankly - Sweet wouldn't have made playoffs without him. If you rate him a 6, you haven't been around long enough to rate base. Remember, he was a baser before becoming jav.

Renzi has played in a final, and won a title of his own. One of the top unders in the game, but unfortunately this season did not have an adequate under partner to help beef up his stats. BUT without him? AND turban? Cobra would have gone 2-8 at best. These are difference making veteran spiders.. Not mediocre 7's.

Sphinx/panama and wbm are difference makers. They don't just show up to play average. These are above average spiders who can drop 120 kills against the best of today's opposition. Comparable to kess with differing play styles. Maybe their incomplete season affected their stats in a way that got them 7's. But they are not 7's.

That's my take, and the draft has already happened. Just saying player history/credentials should play more of a role, but it seems like these stats were a direct reflection of "stats during previous twl season". Which is not always an accurate indication of individual player skill level.

Comment

the very idea of me being a 5 in javelin and basing, ESPECIALLY JAV amuses me greatly

did you all just look at the name 'Sir Spider' and go from there or something? :P
      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
        was a terrible game by me. it also proves i should also be a 7. yes, even after going 3-46 in regular season i am a 7 like you. you're not an impact player, you never were. you're a decent starter though and thats exactly why you should be a 7.
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

totally agree with u squall,

eelam is an easy 7.

if kate upton if an 8, renzi is a 9, better underer and allaround baser. Not to take credit from kate, he is by far the best eger in tw, huge potencial to reach a true 8.

as for panama and wbm, alot of ppl underrate them, cuz they decided to stick with dice every season even if it was in the bench, but they are really really good. comparing them to myself id put them close to me, with the only advantage is the fact that i play under. besides that, they could easily be an 8, especially wbm, who is as good or maybe a lil better then me playing on top, he owned me multiple times

but in the end these ratings wont make much difference, so it doesnt really matter!
          Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
          1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
            totally agree with u squall,

eelam is an easy 7.

if kate upton if an 8, renzi is a 9, better underer and allaround baser. Not to take credit from kate, he is by far the best eger in tw, huge potencial to reach a true 8.

as for panama and wbm, alot of ppl underrate them, cuz they decided to stick with dice every season even if it was in the bench, but they are really really good. comparing them to myself id put them close to me, with the only advantage is the fact that i play under. besides that, they could easily be an 8, especially wbm, who is as good or maybe a lil better then me playing on top, he owned me multiple times

but in the end these ratings wont make much difference, so it doesnt really matter!
            renzi a better underspider? DEAD.

Here was Cobra vs Pandora in LB this season. I went 84-39 with 5 teks. renzi went 70-64 with 0 teks. Honestly he probably gave up trying to vs me on under cause I was dominating him in every way possible.
            http://twl.trenchwars.org/?x=showmatch&match=1086

Last time I checked, an 8 was an impact player for their TWL squad. This was my first ever TWL that I participated in and started in every game and virtually went undefeated in those games with exception to game 2 of lb finals. But I'll take a 7 rating if that means I have 1 more star to spend on free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Upton View Post
              I was dominating him in every way possible.
              Every way? :/
              Turtle power g.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Upton View Post
                renzi a better underspider? DEAD.

Here was Cobra vs Pandora in LB this season. I went 84-39 with 5 teks. renzi went 70-64 with 0 teks. Honestly he probably gave up trying to vs me on under cause I was dominating him in every way possible.
                http://twl.trenchwars.org/?x=showmatch&match=1086

Last time I checked, an 8 was an impact player for their TWL squad. This was my first ever TWL that I participated in and started in every game and virtually went undefeated in those games with exception to game 2 of lb finals. But I'll take a 7 rating if that means I have 1 more star to spend on free agency.
                Want to $ duel in spid?
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                1:waven> is if im going to prison
                1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

y so srs thix?
                  Last edited by Hydride; 06-09-2013, 06:18 PM.
                  1:Hydride> who we play next week
                  1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                  1:ReNdErED> gulp
                  1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                  1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                  1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                  1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                  1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

Working...
                  X