Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in Pub

Hi brave warriors of the Trench!

We have tweaked the Public Arena a bit to make it an overall more enjoyable experience for everyone. We are giving all these changes a sort of test period to see if they are generally appreciated or if the old ones were better. Feel free to comment with your opinion.

1. Weasels

Weasels have been considered too overpowered. They are regular ship size again. Due to them being more vulnerable now, they got back the ability to be fully invisible without it draining energy. However, the energy recharge while being fully invisible is slow. They will start off with a Repel and a Rocket to be able to defend themselves. Most likely they will re-gain their ability to !buy repels, too.

2. Leviathans

With the Levi change we have tried to give them more mobilitiy but we have nerfed their ability to whipe out the entirel flagroom at once. They are now faster and have EMP-Bombs but the radius of the bomb impact and the bomb damage have been reduced to make LevTerring harder and giving it less impact to good base games. The current setting should still be nice for LevTerring and a good compromise. Only time and testing this will show how it is.

EDIT:
    Due to some people claiming they were too weak, we (actually Demonic, giving credits now!) tweaked them further. They now have a brick, repel and rocket and L3 bullets so that they can protect themselves. They will be restricted from !buy though, except when in safe

3. Lag Limits

Pub also has latency limits now. The lag limits of course are not as tight as in TWD because pub should be playable for everyone -- and enjoyable. This being the main reason for us to introduce these, here they are. You should actually not experience any problems at all. If you have problems playing, please PM or ?message me.

4. Pubbucks

We also have slightly adjusted some rewards, !buy delays and the prize you get for killing a LevTerr. That means:
    The price for Repel and Rocket are now $100; the Most Terrier Kills reward has been upped a bit; for killing a LevTerr you will get "$100+Lev Bounty x3"; the "cooldown" on most of the items is now 30 seconds to reduce the "!buy a win" factor.

5. Warp

Also, to encourage basing more, !warp will be toggled ON by default.

Feedback please.
    Last edited by fiS; 06-01-2013, 07:27 PM.

Originally posted by fiS View Post
    Hi brave warriors of the Trench!

We have tweaked the Public Arena a bit to make it an overall more enjoyable experience for everyone. We are giving all these changes a sort of test period to see if they are generally appreciated or if the old ones were better. Feel free to comment with your opinion.

1. Weasels

Weasels have been considered too overpowered. They are regular ship size again. Due to them being more vulnerable now, they got back the ability to be fully invisible without it draining energy. However, the energy recharge while being fully invisible is slow. They will start off with a Repel and a Rocket to be able to defend themselves. Most likely they will re-gain their ability to !buy repels, too.

2. Leviathans

With the Levi change we have tried to give them more mobilitiy but we have nerfed their ability to whipe out the entirel flagroom at once. They are now faster and have EMP-Bombs but the radius of the bomb impact and the bomb damage have been reduced to make LevTerring harder and giving it less impact to good base games. The current setting should still be nice for LevTerring and a good compromise. Only time and testing this will show how it is.

3. Lag Limits

Pub also has latency limits now. The lag limits of course are not as tight as in TWD because pub should be playable for everyone -- and enjoyable. This being the main reason for us to introduce these, here they are. You should actually not experience any problems at all. If you have problems playing, please PM or ?message me.

Feedback please.
    Pfft take all the credit for my lev design why don't ya fis :P Ofc unless ppl don't like it, then now im gonna say its yours!!!! As fis said however, give the settings a go guys and put feedback here.

Comment

Let me be the first to say that I like the Weasle back to its original form.....that way basing games are actually enjoyable without a teeny x rocketing in and grabbing flag....

Levi is OK, but I think it should spawn with atleast a rep or two..maybe a port....just my opinion......
      "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
      - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spock! View Post
        Let me be the first to say that I like the Weasle back to its original form.....that way basing games are actually enjoyable without a teeny x rocketing in and grabbing flag....

Levi is OK, but I think it should spawn with atleast a rep or two..maybe a port....just my opinion......
        I tried with a repel, and with its current speed it could wipe a lot of base out, that wasn't the point of it, the EMP weakens base for spiders to kill etc, altho it still can kill a lot as shown by the 2 base levs who got most kills in the last 2 rounds.

Comment

It would only be fair to give the Levs 1 starting repel (and a port?) and the ability to !buy anywhere back imo.

EDIT:
          This is what will happen. Levs will get 1 repel back, everytime they die. This is also going to be !buyable anywhere.
          Last edited by fiS; 06-01-2013, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FozzY2K
            Meow meeeow mmrrow meow. Meow meeeoww meeeow meow mreeoww. ~swishes tail~

Mrroww meow meeeoww mew meow mmrrow meow meow....
            FU FOZZY FUGLY FUKN BITCH ASS CAT

Nice changes in pub btw, gj fishstick
            Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

You need to change these settings to half-time settings instead of an all-time new trial... like thusdays to sundays; because you are letting down people like Retroaction, yo daddy biatch, grand daddy, and 25 other levi's. its a lot of people you are letting down by making it full-time trial instead of half time settings for No big bomb pubbing.

ScreenName: yo daddy biatch is not going to be happy.

Comment

Edited the first post due to recent change

Comment

Can I get an email when pub goes back to normal - these new changes SUCK!

Comment

Weasels:

I understand that small weasels kind of killed constructive semi-competitive basing games. But by making them big and pretty much reverting back to the original weasel settings, upper staff should realize that this is a huge nerf of the ship. I think that changing it back to the normal size is a perfectly fine thing to do but I feel that it should come with some sort of upgrade to make the ship more viable. Keep in mind the reason the ship was changed in the first place was because no one played it and it was pretty useless.

My suggestion:
                    Give the ship some extra rotation speed and maxspeed
                    Make the effect of stealth on recharge rate effectively 0

Result:
                    A semi-nimble ship that is undetectable by radar (because stealth is free) and has the ability to cloak but is limited by it's bullet speed and ability to thrust.

(If you want to make cloak a truly viable ship enable it to thrust and speed fire like the mini-weasel)
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Oh and mark my words: The amount of pub games that last over 20 minutes is going to shrink dramatically now that you've enabled one freq to completely dominate the other.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

These are excellent changes. Personally, I'd take it a little further still (especially for the weasel).
                        WBs, Javs, Spiders, Terrs and Sharks all have their own special mechanics that work well in the context of a competitive game - even Lancs do somewhat.
                        But Weasels and Levs lift right out. They don't contribute anything worthwhile to the pub scene. Turning the lev into an independent bombing ship would be cool. You'd have javs with bouncy bombs, sharks with mines and a third bomber with straight bombs (no bounce). Give them even more mobility - on par with javs - lower their damage (but maybe keep EMP), take away their reps and rockets and let them keep brick (I love the introduction of this one - bricks have a lot of potential to improve combat dynamics in the pub base, but not while they're on a slow lev).
                        Basically, turn them into javs without the bounce and with a different secondary ship mechanic (role on the team).

Weasels, while this -is- a good change, are still a complete mess, though. Stealth+cloak just doesn't fit into a competitive environment unless you give every ship the ability to somehow spot them. This would be an option (give all ships x-radar the same way javs and sharks have them now - with a health penalty so they would have to actively cycle it on and off to try to keep track of weasel movement), but frankly I'd rather see weasel reworked completely.
                        I don't know exactly how you could fit them into the lineup of different mechanics, but turning them into another defensive ship might be an option. You could give them more health, brick/rep, portal and let them keep their strong, slow bullets (but of course remove stealth and cloak). Currently, shark is pretty much the only defensive ship. It would be cool to have some competition on that front. Portal would add an interesting aspect to this type of ship, though it might require a change of bullet strength (or just a time delay between porting and shooting).

tl;dr: Turn levs into a more agile, independent bomber with less damage and weasel into defenders.

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                        Oh and mark my words: The amount of pub games that last over 20 minutes is going to shrink dramatically now that you've enabled one freq to completely dominate the other.
                        Only the games that lasted over 20 minutes because a weasel was stalling by rocketing the flag and repelling will be affected. Is that really a loss?

Comment

the recent changes giving Levi more equipment and double blue bullets is an acceptable compromise to it being full-time change. I withdrawal my previous post.

Comment

Current settings are MUCH better than previous settings because:
                            - you can't sit infront of a levi and ruin his day anymore
                            - weasel actually dies when you shoot a terr he's attached to

IMO this settings change is more of a bug fix than anything else.

Comment

reading fis/demonics (or whoever did it changes) it sounds really encouraging and like pub is getting back on the right track with some staffers who know what the game should be about.

Not that it matters but i dunno who fis is as they started playing after I left I think and demonic came to sage while I was there I dont remember talking to them much :P but I think was a hockey zone player ? Well from some other zone anyway, not an issue in either case but if you havent read it before read through some of the older threads here like this one

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post673217

there was a great thread about levs from a good few years before that where loads of ideas were posted and I think mootland farmer or someone actually did do some testing on it with L2 shrap emp bombs but I couldn't find it >< so that will do :P

hopefully some may still be relavant or maybe too much has changed but i'm sure there is still a few that play that could give their experience of what has already been tried out etc or some of the silly fun weekend themes like nightwasps etc

this is a game that shouldnt change much and the weasel seems to be a ship that flip flops and has never found the right balance. In a way I kinda love that every few years it grows / shrinks etc but it should always be a novelty ship not mainstay
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X