4th of July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm Canadian) but isn't the Independence day weekend next weekend? Like 4 days off for most people, meaning many will be on vacation and stuff. Will TWL be postponed for this or not because we have too many Euros here?

Also when exactly will this week's postponed games we played, and will that push back week 6 to the week after?

-Epi
    BTW thanks for chickening out Light.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

I really hope it is not postponed, we have had more than enough postponement for the season.

Comment

i think it would be a large oversight of the rest of the world for the american independence day to cause a cancellation. if anything was gonna be cancelled it shud have been something like today's and yesterday's because of ppl staying up/being hungover from the world cup matches. i'm sure every squad in tw has enough of a non us populace to show. otherwise they shud start looking outside their own boarders.

btw. happy canada day 2marrow and happy 4th of july when that happens
      Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
      Philos> there is something about you
      Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

But will TWL be postponed again because of the stupid database going down again? Thats an awful amount of rematches that must be played, but hopefully Week 6 can go smoothly with the normal matches and the replays.
        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

we will nuke you if you dont postpone it
          Originally posted by Yoshiba
          i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

what kinda retard asks when 4th of July is celebrated?

Comment

Originally posted by HoGo
              what kinda retard asks when 4th of July is celebrated?
              4th of July is on Thrusday.. but being Canadian I have no idea if there is an extended 4-day weekend because there is sometimes I am told.

-Epi

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

The cool thing about the 4th of July is nothing ever closes on this holiday. Some folks will take a 4 day weekend but for the most part everything is business as usual.

No postponements!

Down with postponements!

<---Anti-postponing

Stop the postponing insanity!
                Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Re: 4th of July

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                  -Epi
                  BTW thanks for chickening out Light.
                  Edit: Thanks for chickening out fireballz $
                  I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

why would you postpone matches for fourth of july weekend? the whole holiday is about eating and begin lazy. All you do is barbeque, see fireworks (July 4 only), and hang around the house. It's probably the best weekend of the year to have league games.
                    P.S.- ha ha ha, 200+ years later, and we're still celebrating kicking your british asses england. Dental care- look into it.
                    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Re: Re: 4th of July

Originally posted by Ruby

Edit: Thanks for chickening out fireballz $
                      I'll accept that.

-Epi

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Dear Epinephrine,

I'm not at my house currently, but I will have a discussion with Acid Twin and Overstrand when I return late this evening. We will discuss to see if there will be a postponement or not. Thank you for bringing that up. I'll put it on my list of things to talk about with them.

Lots of love,
                        Left_Eye
                        sigpic

Comment

lol lefty, i didnt know you were sleepig with them and let them stay in your house :P hahhahahahaha jk
                          Originally posted by Yoshiba
                          i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUSHER
                            The cool thing about the 4th of July is nothing ever closes on this holiday. Some folks will take a 4 day weekend but for the most part everything is business as usual.

No postponements!

Down with postponements!

<---Anti-postponing

Stop the postponing insanity!
                            Please.. don't postpone the leagues! The children! WHat about the children?! They will be stricken with grief over the loss!

On a lighter note.. I intend to set off approximately $150 worth of fireworks that are technically illegal in my state.
                            Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Do not postpone, but also do not wait until Thurs./ Fri. to inform us of the match's vs. WF's replacement. that need to take place.

I am told this will be on a Sat.? but with no times given. Well that sucks....I am not lookin to postpone a match again, but if we can't get a Sun. match for this, pull us from TWL-J and add another delay/postponment to this league.

Would be real nice if the website could be updated as the last news note on TWL-J was on 06/27, noting the two squads that would fight for WF's spot. I guess there was no winner? no note of it at least on the TWLJ news.

NS would like to play, but this Sat. may not be good & we originally requested Sun. vs. WF.

Why does this league with all its delays remind me so much of how speedball league died? Rhetorical question that is.
                              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                              X