3 points to make/discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 points to make/discuss

1. The new levi is quite fun. It doesn't ruin the base game like it used to. Good job with that.

2. The weasel used to offer a new dimension to the gameplay in pub. The 1-tile ship was like a spy infiltrating enemy lines. It gave disadvantaged teams half a chance of preventing the better team from winning. It forced people to check their radar and to aim using their radar. People who complained should have been told to get better at using radar. They should never have been appeased. The latest 2-tile weasel is very unpopular; almost no-one uses it. If you ignore everything else I say, just look at its popularity to know it's not working.

The 1-tile ship might have needed a slight weakening. Perhaps a slower rocket, or a removal of the rocket entirely in exchange for a faster bullet.

3. Team switching is becoming a big problem in pub. People should only be able to switch to a team with less players on it. There are certain people in pub who always switch to whichever team is winning. This stacks the winning team even more, completely ruining any hope of an even game. For some reason the settings allow them to do this.... even when the winning team already has more players. Surely this can be stopped very easily. Lately, there is one person in pub who does this solely to annoy/troll others. Whenever it happens, it causes quite a few people to leave.

agree with everything you said
    point 3 is the hardest to completely vanquish. Some settings tweaks do help, but wont completely eliminate it.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

The 1-tile weasel caused more problems than it might have solved (I don't think it solved any problems, at least not any that !buy epidemic or a good LT couldn't solve)

It wasn't unusual to see a base round go on for maybe an hour due to lame-o's stealing the flag at 1 second. I understand it's a clever tactic but the reality is so many people would eventually get sick of it that the round would usually be won not by seeing who fought better, but by seeing who was left after everyone rage-quit or specced.

I understand that it heightened the different strategies available to a losing team. You state that people who complained should "just learn to radar shoot", well, if you wanna take the base, why don't you learn how to base? Teams have been capturing the flag without weasels since as long as I can remember.
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

What would solve this weasel crisis (if it was possible) was to make the weasel 2-tile as default. However you can !buy an upgrade to the 1-tile weasel (for a certain amount of time and/or deaths). You would have to make it a lil pricey to buy though.
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
          What would solve this weasel crisis (if it was possible) was to make the weasel 2-tile as default. However you can !buy an upgrade to the 1-tile weasel (for a certain amount of time and/or deaths). You would have to make it a lil pricey to buy though.
          99% of the time i think compromise is best but gran, come on, ONE TILE WEASELS ARE GONE THINK OF THE KIDS

internet de la jerome

Comment

it's either one or the other, can't switch one without switching them all
            Former TW Staff

Comment

New solution.

Kill the weasel. Bring back the nightwasp in its place.
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                It wasn't unusual to see a base round go on for maybe an hour due to lame-o's stealing the flag at 1 second. I understand it's a clever tactic but the reality is so many people would eventually get sick of it that the round would usually be won not by seeing who fought better, but by seeing who was left after everyone rage-quit or specced.
                That's why it needed weakening slightly. A slower rocket or a shorter rocket would have made it harder to get the flag. To take away it's small size was to remove the relevance of the ship to the flagging game almost entirely, and base play is worse off without it. It would be like removing all repels or all mines from the game. It's far more interesting with the 1-tile weasel in it. That's what I meant by saying it gives an extra dimension to the base-play. Like you say, it "heightened the different strategies available".

You state that people who complained should "just learn to radar shoot", well, if you wanna take the base, why don't you learn how to base? Teams have been capturing the flag without weasels since as long as I can remember.
                Pub play isn't an 8v8 league match where there are terrs, sharks, and spiders on each team. Pub play can be 8v4 where all the best players are on the bigger team, and you don't have the ships required to attack the base. What incentive is there to enter that game? The weasel used to be my incentive because it gave a slim chance of making a difference. I'm a very good spider player who can turn the tide in a base battle, but I'm not a magician!

Comment

Originally posted by jim the chin View Post
                  That's why it needed weakening slightly. A slower rocket or a shorter rocket would have made it harder to get the flag. To take away it's small size was to remove the relevance of the ship to the flagging game almost entirely, and base play is worse off without it. It would be like removing all repels or all mines from the game. It's far more interesting with the 1-tile weasel in it. That's what I meant by saying it gives an extra dimension to the base-play. Like you say, it "heightened the different strategies available".
                  Before the 1-tile weasel, the weasel was 2-tiles. It also used less energy for cloaking/steath so it could stay hidden for longer. I wasn't really part of the conversation that happened when they shrank it, but I would assume they shrank it because the weasel was found to be lacking in some way. But in my opinion that in of itself does not justify what (once again IMO) they changed it to which was a really annoying troll ship.

Maybe this change kills the weasel - so people stop using x-radar as much - and ultimately the weasel becomes more effective because most people aren't using x-radar. That's how it used to be, the terr might spam "x" and everyone flips out, and it might be enough chaos to let the enemy team get in. Strategies can be still be made and exploited.

Pub play isn't an 8v8 league match where there are terrs, sharks, and spiders on each team. Pub play can be 8v4 where all the best players are on the bigger team, and you don't have the ships required to attack the base. What incentive is there to enter that game? The weasel used to be my incentive because it gave a slim chance of making a difference. I'm a very good spider player who can turn the tide in a base battle, but I'm not a magician!
                  grab a partner and LT! encourage even frequencies. tell your teammates to stop javing. get your squadmates to join your freq and have a coordinated core to rape pub. and - i know this because i've done this - 4 players who are organized and familiar with eachother could easily dominate and 8-player pub team.

internet de la jerome

Comment

Working...
                  X