Suggestion Box Suggestion [Jav Elim]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion Box Suggestion [Jav Elim]

[Brief summary of idea]: I think there should be a mirror image, down and opposite to current elim map, as an option in elim voting for jav elims.

[Reasoning behind proposal]: I think being able to vote for a mirror image of the elim map would provide more variety and playability options for players, especially new ones to give old players something new to learn, and new players another incentive to play elim.

[Best way to implement]: Create the mirror image map as a voteable option in the list votes programmed into RoboRef

[Detailed summary of idea]: This may require, for proper implementation, reinstating BaseElim as a separate arena for bomb ships. After all, really high streaks get announced as coming from BaseElim anyway. If one creates a BaseElim map that is mirror image reversed downward, where, one can choose to have the spawn area above the map, and players can enter downwards into the map, keeping the same angles as in upright map, just simply reversed in that manner. I think that BaseElim is missed, but the BaseElim arena doesn't get brought back, then being able to vote for a choice between maps would not only create a means by which to give variety to players, but would also open up the possibility of support for the implementation of other maps into pub and elim arenas. SealJavs, especially, is a fantastic arena, and being able to have an elim in a version of it would be nice, or better yet, an expanded version of the public jav duel arena, because it is actually a nice map. But, to keep it actual elim style, it would be easiest, and different, to use the mirror-image of a map because that isn't found in any other arena. That's my summary.

I dont personally feel like this will revive elim, and therefore probably not worth doing.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
    X