Suggestion Box [Addition to Elim bot]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion Box [Addition to Elim bot]

As an extension to the new, and cool, dueling bot feature in pub, I think that elim could do with a non-rec affecting practice bot and the pub duel bot would be a sufficient format by which to implement it. Because I think that if elim allows for non-rec affecting practice sessions, set up in !challenge format like it is in pub, but only allowed to be used for practice under certain conditons, such as when the arena is empty and only two people are in the arena.

If there are three people out of spec and on the map, then it it must be in public rec-counting voting process like normal elim, to make practice sessions between people more exclusive but also available at different times of the day.

Or combine something similar to old duel arena but with new simple duel bot settings.

Or combine the elim arena with the old duel arena type scenario, to where, in the same arena, an elim could be going on, and two people who don't want to participate but want to practice can choose to not play in the rec-affecting elim game and use the format of the public duel bot to practice on another map simultaneously. And the same system could be implemented in javduel arena also; I know that there are likely private practice arenas that different pro squads use to train, or they just simply use javduel to do it, but to make it an official practice area for those arenas I think would give pairs of people the option to play. Or entire practice duels arenas that a squad could separate people into teams of 2 and 3, from their own squad, and practice that way, without having to participate in javduel or in warbird duel.

One would ask, aren't javduel and warbird duel practice? They are, but I think changing the options to teams of 2 or 3 as an option for that type of practice would give squads something else to work with in terms of improving their teaming, as well as giving people who want to duel for the fun of it instead of involving pubbux or official stats. I don't know if warbird duel and javduel get counted in some kind of statistics calculations, so what I'm talking about is something that is completely excluded from those calculations and a person can choose to participate in rec-affecting games if they so desire, after getting in some non-pub practice.

Also, since one can change frequencies in elim and change to baseelim map and practice that way, alone, then would it be possible for a single person to vote for shrap and be able to use it to practice without needing to have someone to play with them, vote for shrap, then spec to retain shrap?

In other words, I think this game needs to have more "practice" areas for people who want to practice all different maps and arenas without needing to participate in official games with others, or who just want to be "taught" by just one other person without having to have any sort of officiality to it. Not only would this make it easier to teach, but it would also give people the opportunity to improve on their gameplay on their own time. This goes for all ships, also.

Because I think the public duel bot is the perfect format for implementing something like this:

So that, say if two people were wanting to play one another, in a practice game on the baseelim map, instead of going through the public voting process, the practice session would be in the !challenge format (like old duel arena) and just have it set to !challenge playername:2:0 (or 1 for shrap on):1-10 deaths and they can just practice using that method instead.

I think pub set the example for how this could be done.

Thanks for reading.

--Fem.

People still care about recs in elim? Lol srsly? How about we just put everything in one giant pub map. Elim, Baseelim, wbduel, javduel, and twd. I'm kidding. But elim is dead. Stop beating a dead horse.
    - You need people like me. So you can point your finger and say that's the bad guy.

Comment

if you want to pracitce baseelim... just play baseelim. Elim doesnt last long and its already not serious.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

Working...
      X