Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demonic goes on a petty, Nazi stylei banning spree!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demonic goes on a petty, Nazi stylei banning spree!

So we were just sitting in pub, talking, and we rioted a little bit, I myself only said like 8 lines of text and before you know it, half of the pub was banned, there was literally a huge increase in EG population as demonic spammed ban people as fast as he humanly could. LF has quit for good, some of us aren't coming back, were going to just flat out quit instead of deal with this egregious wrongdoings by staff.

Here are a few things that have to happen.

1. remove the staffer harassment rule, its bullshit.
    2. remove oo.oo from staff for good.
    3. remove reckfuls forum powers.
    4. Have more veterans higher up in staff to prevent all of these abuses of civil trenchwars liberties from happening again.

It was horrible, there was literally 75 people in public, all specced, chatting because everyone agreed that staff is terrible, and this is our punishment for daring to go up against them.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Also I am pretty sure that nobody got any warnings.. just straight bans?
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I agree with everything you said but I'd add that I want staff to:

Lift LF's forum ban
      Publicly apologize for this cluster-fuck of a situation
      Admit that staff has a corruption problem
      Create a 3rd-party non-staff post or group that can serve as a connection between staff and the players
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Oh, and no, I never got warned. Just immediately banned.
        (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Trench Wars staff is awful.
          TWLD Champion 'Season 11'
          TWLD Champion 'Season 14'
          Trench Wars Veteran

Comment

League of Legends.... HO!!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic
            All good things must come to an end.

Comment

steam greenlight no thanked because I was told I am banned "until I calm down" or for 7 days for "spamming" and "disruption of gameplay"
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                So we were just sitting in pub, talking, and we rioted a little bit, I myself only said like 8 lines of text and before you know it, half of the pub was banned, there was literally a huge increase in EG population as demonic spammed ban people as fast as he humanly could. LF has quit for good, some of us aren't coming back, were going to just flat out quit instead of deal with this egregious wrongdoings by staff.

Here are a few things that have to happen.

1. remove the staffer harassment rule, its bullshit.
                2. remove oo.oo from staff for good.
                3. remove reckfuls forum powers.
                4. Have more veterans higher up in staff to prevent all of these abuses of civil trenchwars liberties from happening again.

It was horrible, there was literally 75 people in public, all specced, chatting because everyone agreed that staff is terrible, and this is our punishment for daring to go up against them.
                LOL grand total of 2 ppl were banned, veh and yourself so glad that's considered a banning spree, I let the first and second "spam" go, then enough was enough. There are ways to get points across, this is not one of them. To be honest, your like a child at times, don't get your way think you can just do what you like.

Minute u 2 were banned, pub went straight to a 13v13 game, which says enough on its own. You talk about "helping" the zone, yet with your actions you become a detriment. I even told the pair of you, ban would be lifted once you calmed down, yet couldn't get off your high horse. Do what you like wark, because I have let and let this crap go with you and your personal agenda, as it seems that is ALL your interested in.

Comment

So out of the 20 people who were rioting I got banned for 8 lines of text.. why is that again?
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'm quitting TW and withholding help on the tutorial for the time being - it's unfortunate that this bullshit had to pop up right when I wanted to help, but I can't support TW with charis still being staff after this.

Comment

OK, so considering how out of hand this has gotten and because there's now 4 or 5 threads about it I figured I'd summarize everything for everyone.

1) There was a big pub game going on. Like 18v18v11 or something close to that. Fis made a mistake in a private arena and crashed the server. Everyone comes back from the server crashing and spams 'RIOT' in pub chat. By everyone I mean at least a dozen people. 4o sends an arena message saying 'You're all getting silenced when the bots come back -4o'. When the bots come back, he actually does silence a bunch of people. I don't know the exact number but at least 4 people were silenced.

2) I got pissed and made a forum thread about it, which can be viewed here: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...-Too-Seriously . In this thread, LF made a post explaining that 4o is oO.Oo who is Charis <ER>. This post was deleted by Reckful because 4o was trying to protect his identity. LF posted it again and was banned for making the post. Demonic has told me that the ban is illegitimate but because of LF"s actions after the ban it won't be lifted. Following this, MegamanEXE reposted LF's post. It was again deleted. And he again reposted it in 3 different threads.

3) Kthx found out LF was banned and made a thread about it (and also a thread pointing out that 4o = Charis <ER>). The LF thread is here: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...s-forum-banned . During the course of all of these discussions it become clear that Reckful, Demonic, and Left_Eye (and possibly other staffers) were covering for 4o. It also became clear that LF was banned because of the 'staff harassment' rule that was just put in place and that we as a public were told would only be used in extreme circumstances.

4) So then I log in and see that Demonic and Kthx are discussing all of this situation in spec chat in pub. I join the conversation along with a few others. It eventually devolved into 5-7 players spamming 'riot' again in an effort to prove that staff was not in total control of all of us as they attempt to be. Demonic then bans kthx and myself not for spamming, but because we were the 'ringleaders' (her words) and we needed to 'calm down.'

This is a crude, crude analysis of what's gone on thus far and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff that is probably pretty important.
                      (Overstrand)>no

Comment

I am also with megamanexe.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

So here are my personal problems with the situation:

1) LF was banned based off a rule that only benefits staff and can be broadly interpreted to hurt individual players who aren't staff. The rule gives staff a layer of protection that isn't afforded to regular players and puts them on a plane higher than ours. I find this to be both offensive and a double-standard that I am unwilling to accept.

2) Demonic admits that LF's ban was unjustified but then refused to lift the ban because 'he needs to calm down' and he threatened to do something, what that something is I do not know. So, despite Demonic admitting LF's ban is unjustified, she unilaterally has decided to maintain his ban against TW policies.

3) 4o and later Demonic have used their power to try to silence people who are complaining. Rather than here them out and react to their complaints, they have silenced and banned players (including myself) for espousing opinions counter to their own or what they want the zone to believe.

4) It's pretty much agreed by every staffer I've talked to that 4o was wrong, yet he has yet to be reprimanded.

5) 4o, because he is staff, was given extra protection that would not be afforded to other players. It goes to show that if you are staff, you get preferential treatment.

6) This is my biggest issue: Staff is corrupt and fueled by nepotism as this entire situation has demonstrated. Staffers getting preferential treatment and protection despite it being common knowledge that they were wrong. Players being banned for bucking the official storyline. Players being banned for doing something staff doesn't like. Enforcement of a one-sided rule that favors staff and hurts the players. Beyond corruption, it simply proves that staff and the TW community are two separate entities. That staff is more concerned with their position and rank then they are with the players they're supposed to not only oversee but be together in the community with.

Again, I'm kinda annoyed right now so I'm probably missing stuff and I will probably get flamed for giving this much of a shit. But I genuinely request that those of you who can see that this is clearly too much join me in calling for some serious reform within staff today. Not tomorrow, not down the line, not slowly. But now and quickly.
                          (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                            So here are my personal problems with the situation:

1) LF was banned based off a rule that only benefits staff and can be broadly interpreted to hurt individual players who aren't staff. The rule gives staff a layer of protection that isn't afforded to regular players and puts them on a plane higher than ours. I find this to be both offensive and a double-standard that I am unwilling to accept.

2) Demonic admits that LF's ban was unjustified but then refused to lift the ban because 'he needs to calm down' and he threatened to do something, what that something is I do not know. So, despite Demonic admitting LF's ban is unjustified, she unilaterally has decided to maintain his ban against TW policies.

3) 4o and later Demonic have used their power to try to silence people who are complaining. Rather than here them out and react to their complaints, they have silenced and banned players (including myself) for espousing opinions counter to their own or what they want the zone to believe.

4) It's pretty much agreed by every staffer I've talked to that 4o was wrong, yet he has yet to be reprimanded.

5) 4o, because he is staff, was given extra protection that would not be afforded to other players. It goes to show that if you are staff, you get preferential treatment.

6) This is my biggest issue: Staff is corrupt and fueled by nepotism as this entire situation has demonstrated. Staffers getting preferential treatment and protection despite it being common knowledge that they were wrong. Players being banned for bucking the official storyline. Players being banned for doing something staff doesn't like. Enforcement of a one-sided rule that favors staff and hurts the players. Beyond corruption, it simply proves that staff and the TW community are two separate entities. That staff is more concerned with their position and rank then they are with the players they're supposed to not only oversee but be together in the community with.

Again, I'm kinda annoyed right now so I'm probably missing stuff and I will probably get flamed for giving this much of a shit. But I genuinely request that those of you who can see that this is clearly too much join me in calling for some serious reform within staff today. Not tomorrow, not down the line, not slowly. But now and quickly.
                            Obviously I have spoken to you in length about this already but:

1) Initial ban was wrong, harassment rule for staff relates mainly to irl harassment but also cross zone spamming etc. Not for forum post.

2) Forum ban was going to be lifted obv, until threatened to post ip addresses/!altnick info of players. I cant allow that, but rather then increasing or perm banning, told him to cool off as I knew why he was frustrated, then talk to me and ban would be lifted, was down to him when that would happen

3) I never silenced anyone, I banned yourself and kthx (yours I lifted as soon as u calmed down) to protect pub, which as u saw yourself had jumped up to 13v13 (17v15 as we speak) as soon as it stopped, so was hurting the game.

4) who said 4o wasn't "reprimanded", and as I mentioned to you I was waiting on Left_Eye

5) 4o doesn't get extra protection, but all staff get crap off players from time to time, granted this seems to be a more regular occurrence then most.

6) staff is corrupt bullshit is getting annoying, no staff = no game just like no players = no game. Staff do what they do, give up their own time for nothing really. You of all people know that, or would u prefer I just left and gave 4o sysop and be done with it, because even I am reaching my limits now tbh where this is not fun anymore, but crap beaucracy.

I will deal with things, but in my own way and I never react on impulse. Normally I take a few days to calm down and assess whats happened. You want instant results, well that I wont give as that can be the worst thing at times.

Comment

thanks, good response

i think that just about everyone gets along with most staffers. there are just some that seem to go 'above and beyond' in a very poor way. that happening once can be understood. when someone does something retarded enough times and it appears as if no changes are made, thats when people get all riled up.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X