Pub settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub settings

i hardly ever play pub, was messin around inthere the other day as a shark ofc. and i look to my right and see i got shrapnel level 5. for those who dont know thats 5 shrap. i know in twbd where they come from when you bomb a wall and such so in pub i bomb a wall expecting the shrap to go in the 3 directions i want it to go.... and nothing came out, they all went straight into the wall i bombed. since shrap is a 1 hit kill... and can be very effective in taking over a base if aimed properly. i suggest making the shrap set as in twbd. shrap was set to random in twdt earlier and i started telling people to tell kane to change it and it got changed and sharks that know how to aim are much more effective. thanks
    1:Mattey> proof that god doesnt exist : animals can swim into your dickhole

TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

+1

Comment

if it was only there for highly populated times, sure. But as it is now, sharks are already overpowered in small pub games (less than 10 players). On a personal level, I enjoy the random "chaos" shrap, it puts all sharks on tye same level with shrap, instead of skilled shrap-aimers having such an advantage.
      Former TW Staff

Comment

this is tw, ur skill is not welcum here

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
          this is tw, ur skill is not welcum here
          disreguard skill, acquire luck kills
          Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
            if it was only there for highly populated times, sure. But as it is now, sharks are already overpowered in small pub games (less than 10 players). On a personal level, I enjoy the random "chaos" shrap, it puts all sharks on tye same level with shrap, instead of skilled shrap-aimers having such an advantage.

so its ok for wbs to aim their shots and not sharks? how are sharks an overpowering ship?
            1:Mattey> proof that god doesnt exist : animals can swim into your dickhole

TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

ever played 3v3 when someone decides to switch into shark? the game is then decided entirely on the shark, and if they are better than whoever on other team if they decide to shark.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

but the thing is shadd, that its not ?go base, twbd, twlb, its pub, you can esc 8, attach, rep, esc 1, attach. I realize some pubbers dont quite grasp this, but, it doesn't change the fact that anyone has the ability to ship change. Thus, imo, shark is not overpowered.
                sigpic

Comment

Twbd is not the place to practice sharp shots, and go base is rarely going. Where else can we actively practice shots other than pub?

Comment

Yes, you can shipchange, rep once, and switch back.
                    then have to do it again
                    then again
                    again
                    again
                    again
                    again
                    and you figure you might as well stop playing the ship you WANT to be in and just shark instead.
                    I don't like sharking (some do i know), but if i had to shark in such a situation, I'd be less than happy about it.
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by menomena View Post
                      Twbd is not the place to practice sharp shots, and go base is rarely going. Where else can we actively practice shots other than pub?
                      how about #twlb? You can request a staffer to shrap you (and your squad) up to practice. I am sure other arenas with fixed shrap and similar flagrooms exist
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

jesus just change the setting

Comment

just a thought.. but in my opinion should pub settings not be exactly matching twd/twl for the simple reason that we want to encourage new players to get involved, learn the ships... then go to twd and play matches...

not learn the ships, then go to twd and have to learn or adjust how those ships are played or function again at the twd level thus creating another learning curve for people again...

i know its a small change... but consistency is a key for peoples learning curves i think! lol
                          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk View Post
                            just a thought.. but in my opinion should pub settings not be exactly matching twd/twl for the simple reason that we want to encourage new players to get involved, learn the ships... then go to twd and play matches...

not learn the ships, then go to twd and have to learn or adjust how those ships are played or function again at the twd level thus creating another learning curve for people again...

i know its a small change... but consistency is a key for peoples learning curves i think! lol

This seems fair; maybe some of the settings that would be changed in pub to match those things could be used as event hosting settings for things like octobase/fatbase/boki?

It seems reasonable to assume that changing the settings to be closer to if not exactly match that of TWD/TWL settings would then cause the match to be more focused on the player's skill itself instead of simply one player being more familiar with a map than another.

Oh and it's cool that people can aim shark shrap now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                              how about #twlb? You can request a staffer to shrap you (and your squad) up to practice. I am sure other arenas with fixed shrap and similar flagrooms exist
                              that is not the same as practicing while you have things/people to rep and moving targets. you don't learn timing from shooting shrap at a wall

Comment

Working...
                              X