CALLING ALL CREATIVE WRITERS! for Trench Wars synopsis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALLING ALL CREATIVE WRITERS! for Trench Wars synopsis

TWDev is organizing a campaign involving new web content and a far more targeted/branded web presence .. as well as a monthly email newsletter.

We're in need of some content, specifically for Trench Wars.

I already contacted the representatives of every active zone, and requested the following:

1: - a summary of the current status of their zone

2: - what has changed/happened in the past 3-5 years

3: - what the best days and times are to find a game in their zone

4: - a couple of high-quality/resolution, action-packed screenshots

5: - links to their zone forums/websites

6: - and anything else they would like to say to the world about their zone.

So far, most of the zones have given me elaborate 6-12 paragraph synopsis's. As for Trench Wars, we have nothing. We still need a synopsis for Trench Wars.

Calling all creative writers!
    We need someone creative and knowledgeable in Trench Wars, English and creative writing to create an elaborate synopsis for Trench Wars up to par with the rest of the submitted Zone Synopsis's.

Here's what some of the other zones have sent me, as an example:
    http://pastebin.com/fsxF6gNM

This is an urgent project of high priority, so if anyone has a little free time and believes they can come up with something great .. please type it up and post it here.

Thanks!

TWDev
    Last edited by KrynetiX; 08-09-2013, 10:18 AM.
    ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
    ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
    ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

1. The zone is dying

2. A bunch of terrible changes and series of staff abuses that have whittled away at the remaining population

2. Weekends normal US times

3. http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Izor...tml?sort=3&o=1

4. www.trenchwars.org forums.trenchwars.org and for laughs, gallery.trenchwars.org

5. Dont say more than one line in a row in pub while the bots are gone. It will ultimately lead to a silence/ban when they come back
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

(Had some spare time at work, came up with this rough draft. Let me know what's good/bad, needs to be changed, etc.)

Trench Wars (TW)

TW Main Site: http://www.trenchwars.org

The Game

Trench Wars is a fast-paced, action-packed guerilla warfare simulaton where two (or more) factions contend to capture and hold a central bunker. In Trench Wars, each "ship" has a specific role to fulfill. Will you be the rifleman, nimble and agile, with one-shot, one-kill firepower but where a flaw in aim could spell your doom? Or will you choose the grenadier, where a carefully timed grenade bounce could obliterate an entire enemy squadron? Whatever role you choose, you'll find it easy to learn, but difficult to master. You'll also find other players (including those on staff) standing by to fly with you, help you learn the ropes, and answer any questions you have.

When do you master the public arena, you're only just scratching the surface of what the zone has to offer. You'll want to join a team (squad) and hone your skills in preparation for the real competition. Challenge that trash-talking player to a duel in your ship of choice, and make them back up their words. Participate in completely automated semi-competitive arenas such as base, wbduel, and javduel, which allow players to do team-based "pick up games" against one another. These options provide a great way to elevate the level of play while maintaining a relatively casual atmosphere.

The Competition

TWD: http://twd.trenchwars.org

Trench Wars' long standing TWD (Trench Wars Divisions) league has been running 10+ years and still going strong. TWD provides players a chance to join squads and face off against each other in competitive Dueling, Javelin, and Basing matches.

Toward the end of each year, this culminates in the best squads (by ELO) facing off in TWL. TWL is incredibly intense, competitive, and adrenaline pumping, and it's not uncommon to see 5, 10, or even 15-year veterans returning for TWL season just to be part of the action and play with old friends and squadmates! Other leagues include captain-based basing tournaments, draft tournaments, TWEL (1v1 dueling), and more!

The Events

Not feeling quite as competitive? Just want to take a break and do something a little different? Perfect, because we've almost always got special events going on! These can range from a simple large deathmatch or team-based elimination game, to crazy 15-player turrets squaring off against each other, to hockey, strikeball, and other ball-based events, to games like pictionary, boggle, and trivia! Many arenas are complete with custom graphics and sounds such as zombie events, mario kart, bomberman, racing events, battleships, aliens vs. humans (bug, infantry), and so much more. There's almost always something going on. Stop by especially on weekends to be a part of the fun!

For more than a decade, Trench Wars has consistently ranked among the top zones in terms of population. The reasons? Variety, competition, and evolution of gameplay. Over the years, the zone has evolved to fit the needs and wants of players. The community has a loud voice and the ability to drive change, and that's part of what has kept us strong for so long. We have one of the most competitive player bases in online gaming, while at the same time also having something for players of all skill levels and preference of play style. We truly have "something for everyone."

But don't take our word for it...hop in and see for yourself! See you in the trenches!

Comment

(Won't allow me to edit original post for some reason, made some basic edits/proofreading changes)

Trench Wars (TW)

TW Main Site: http://www.trenchwars.org

The Game

Trench Wars is a fast-paced, action-packed guerrilla warfare simulation where two (or more) factions contend to capture and hold a central bunker. In Trench Wars, each "ship" has a specific role to fulfill. Will you be the rifleman, nimble and agile, with one-shot, one-kill firepower but where a flaw in aim could spell your doom? Or will you choose the grenadier, where a carefully timed grenade bounce could obliterate an entire enemy squadron? Whatever role you choose, you'll find it easy to learn, but difficult to master. You'll also find other players (including those on staff) standing by to fly with you, help you learn the ropes, and answer any questions you have.

When do you master the public arena, you're only just scratching the surface of what the zone has to offer. You'll want to join a team (squad) and hone your skills in preparation for the real competition. Challenge that trash-talking player to a duel in your ship of choice, and make them either back up their words or eat them. Participate in completely automated semi-competitive arenas such as base, wbduel, and javduel, which allow players to do team-based "pick up games" against one another. These options provide a great way to elevate the level of play while maintaining a relatively casual atmosphere.

The Competition

TWD: http://twd.trenchwars.org

Trench Wars' long standing TWD (Trench Wars Divisions) league has been running 10+ years and still going strong. TWD provides players a chance to join squads and face off against each other in competitive Dueling, Javelin, and Basing matches.

Toward the end of each year, this culminates in the best squads (by ELO) facing off in TWL. TWL is incredibly intense, competitive, and adrenaline pumping, and it's not uncommon to see 5, 10, or even 15-year veterans returning for TWL season just to be part of the action and play with old friends and squadmates! Other leagues include captain-based basing tournaments, draft tournaments, TWEL (1v1 dueling), and more!

The Events

Not feeling quite as competitive? Just want to take a break and do something a little different? Perfect, because we've almost always got special events going on! These can range from a simple large deathmatch or team-based elimination game, to crazy 15-player turrets squaring off against each other, to hockey, strikeball, and other ball-based events, to games like pictionary, boggle, and trivia! Many arenas are complete with custom graphics and sounds such as zombie events, mario kart, bomberman, racing events, battleships, aliens vs. humans (bug, infantry), and so much more. There's almost always something going on. Stop by especially on weekends to be a part of the fun!

The Lowdown

For more than a decade, Trench Wars has consistently ranked among the top zones in terms of population. The reasons? Variety, competition, and evolution of gameplay. Over the years, the zone has evolved to fit the needs and wants of players. The community has a loud voice and the ability to drive change, and that's part of what has kept us strong for so long. We have one of the most competitive player bases in online gaming, while at the same time also having something for players of all skill levels and preference of play style. We truly have "something for everyone."

But don't take our word for it...hop in and see for yourself! See you in the trenches!

Comment

if u want the truth and accuracy then see izors

if u want lies and to trick people to get to play then see star foxs
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Trench Wars
            Started in 1997 Trench Wars has remained hugely popular despite increased competition from more graphically robust offerings by maintaining a gaming environment that promotes competitive fun, fierce action, and integrity. Standing out from all other online multiplayer games; Trench Wars design rewards friendly and co-operative teamwork while also striving to limit the typical trolling and harassment that often spoils other multiplayer gaming experiences.

Rather than simply languishing over the years, Trench Wars popularity is has been guaranteed by maintaining focus on player experience and being responsive to player input. The result has been creative enhancements that support players of all skill levels. This rare balance has been achieved through the use of innovative features, imaginative configurations, and productive game policies.

Central to the Trench Wars zone is its public arena where players battle to capture and defend a base. Each of the 8 ship types have unique offensive and defensive capabilities which blend for a magnificent competitive equilibrium. Beyond its public arena Trench Wars has a multitude of additional faceted offerings including dueling arenas, special events, and several squad-based leagues. All of these exciting aspects make it possible for even infrequent or rusty players to log on and enjoy endless hours of entertainment.

If the non-stop basing action found in the public arena grows old, casual players are treated to a multitude of hosted special events. Held using special arenas and creative ship configurations, events represent a large variety of competitive diversions. These include; Deathmatch style dueling, uniquely styled and customized basing games, many elimination style games, racing games, sports game emulations, and even a Zombies game where the humans have a limited time to survive and escape the wrath of the zombies before they are hunted down and eaten alive.

For players who desire squad membership and league play Trench Wars supports the Trench Wars Division (TWD) and Trench Wars League (TWL). Trench Wars Division (TWD) is perpetually run and allows any player to build a squad and compete at any time; the only prerequisite is having fun. Simply grab some friends, make a squad, and kick some ass. Trench Wars League (TWL) season 18 is starting in November; it is the pinnacle of competitive league play in Trench Wars.

So come check out Trench Wars out, rediscover why it has traditionally been the largest and most popular zone in Continuum.
            eph

Comment

Sorry, I thought the man asked for CREATIVE writing

Trenchwars, started in 1997, is SSCU's premier destination for all LGBT inclined individuals and their cohorts. The gameplay focuses on two teams, where one team tries to penetrate the flagroom of the other team, who resists this penetration. A well-lubed group may wish to start their own squad, allowing them an easier time penetrating the base. When these squads try to penetrate each other, we have what is called Trench Wars Division and Trench Wars League - two of the most erotic forms of competition Continuum has to offer. Currently, Trenchwars is a permanent home to at least 150 players (half of which are bots, for sex, of course) hellbent on cybering each other. Staff abuse is rampant, but not as rampant as the probing action that happens in the heat of sexy battle. Most TW players enjoy BDSM, and they're not afraid to show it in their player gallery.

Even though the playerbase has dwindled in the past 5 years, the passion and eagerness of TW players remain strong and rigid. The friendly community really brings you into the action, even if they have to hold you down to do it.

The best times to find a game in Trenchwars is during the wee hours of the night, where our experienced Event Referees enhances your pleasure through hosting various specialized arenas such as Docksdog (you are a car running over a dog) and turretwars (you are a part of a gangbang trying to attach yourself to one woman.) All other times, you are always free to indulge in our sexy automated games, such as wbduel, javduel, elim - really, no one cares what you do there but you'll feel on top of the world when you win! YAYYY!!!

Screenshots:

Links:
              www.trenchwars.org
              forums.trenchwars.org

Edit: Would like to personally thank all the tw members who showed me a good time for the past decade. Really transformed me into the player I am today. I never thought I could have such a good time, but I do. "Come out" to TW today, and see for yourselves!
              Last edited by Bioture; 08-09-2013, 05:54 PM.
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

I agree with bio.

We need to target a market niche and tw is pretty gay.
                sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

The new campaign is targeting "Free Space Combat/Shooter PVP MMO" ... any other ideas?

Comment

Thank you Star Fox and Ephemeral, that should do it.

And WTF bioture? Stick to homo erotic novels eh?

Comment

You TWDev or TW marketing? Theres like 100000 staffers doing nothing that can work on this. You got projects to code and deal with. Don't spend your free time babying 100% of this game.
                      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

I generally like what Star Fox wrote - whatever we use should be very similar to that.

Comment

what star fox put is decent; how ever we cannot stick with the riflemen/grenadier imagery - yes, we are TRENCH wars, but in reality it's a spaceship game so people might turn up expecting to control soldiers but are faced with spaceships and quit....we need to stick to spaceship imagery. You don't see fifa pretending to me minecraft.
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                            what star fox put is decent; how ever we cannot stick with the riflemen/grenadier imagery - yes, we are TRENCH wars, but in reality it's a spaceship game so people might turn up expecting to control soldiers but are faced with spaceships and quit....we need to stick to spaceship imagery. You don't see fifa pretending to me minecraft.
                            Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure about that part, but figured that's kind of originally what the roles are supposed to be. But the actual gameplay definitely doesn't resemble it. :P We can simply reword that language to warbird/javelin/etc.

Appreciate it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                              You TWDev or TW marketing? Theres like 100000 staffers doing nothing that can work on this. You got projects to code and deal with. Don't spend your free time babying 100% of this game.
                              Hey bro, you ever do anything besides tell other people how to do their jobs and occasionally cough up some half-baked sweeping "suggestion" worded as though if it isn't immediately adopted the game will suddenly die? Get tired of the negativity on these forums from you and a few others. Game (certainly the forums) would be a happier place if you and those others (should know who they are) fix your attitudes. Stop whining.

Comment

Working...
                              X