X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT 2013 -- QUARTERFINALS -- RECAP

TWDT QUARTER-FINALS

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I promised K A N E last week I'd fully cover the Playoffs to the end, so here I am.

Thunder and dun vs me pulled away in the last few weeks, dominating TWDT-D and TWDT-J, with Thunder going a perfect 7-0 in wb and 6-1 in jav, while the dunvsmeans went 6-1 and 6-1 respectively. Basing this year proved to be a bunch of blowouts, with all six of the playoff-bound teams notching either 4 or 5 wins.

The second tier of teams saw Kamikaze and Terrorist closely trailing Ease and Hulk's teams, with wins spread across all three leagues.

Behind them were Team Hilk and Baratheon, squeaking into the playoffs ahead of Power and Vagina, who did not make the cut.

With that said, Thunder (1) and dun vs me (2) earned byes into the Semi-Finals, with Terrorist (3) taking on Baratheon (6) in all three leagues, while Kamikaze (4) went head-to-head with Team Hilk (5).

Quarter-Finals

TWDT-D

Kamikaze vs. team hilk
    ROUND 1
    50-33

Murder (18-5) went ham to EvilDeed's (15-7) cheese, as the dynamic duo led the Kami to a resounding Round 1 victory, with vue (7-7), skatarius (5-1) and rendered (4-7) in tow, making up for a sub-par 0-6 from Tripin.

On Inf's side, the hilkirs all managed 6-10 to 8-10, nicely spread across the board, but neither Ricko, Zizzo, siaxis, pizikus, nor Infrared could step up and match skatarius's big-game duo.

MVP: Murder

Kamikaze vs. team hilk
    ROUND 2
    50-23

The second round was an even more lopsided affair, as Murder (16-7) AGAIN combined with Evildeed (12-5) to put the nail in team hilk's coffin, with Tripin (11-5) making up for the first round with some serious juice, while vue (6-3) and Rendered (5-3) mopped up.

Only Ricko (8-10) approached parity, as siaxis, pizikus, Zizzo and infrared struggled mightily against a superior foe.

MVP: Murder

-----

Baratheon vs. Terrorist
    ROUND 1
    50-35

Cranium (13-6) and Rasaq (11-6) led the way for House Baratheon, with Welt (9-6) chipping in, while Marge (8-7) made a timely first appearance this season in TWDT, with Eelam (9-10) also carrying his weight.

On the other side, frequent TWDT hero Burnt (7-10) couldn't get it going today, as Major Crisis (9-10) posted their high-score, with Zazerick (8-10), ckpoon (6-10) and maketso (5-10) not able to rise to the occasion as they have so many times this season (Maketso in particular has been a beast.)

Mired by dreamwin's lag (Mikkiz has also been struggling to stay in this season -- must be a Finnish connection issue) the Terrorist's were unable to mount a solid comeback.

MVP: Cranium

Baratheon vs. Terrorist
    ROUND 2
    50-42

This game was tighter than the first, but Rasaq (14-9) came up big once again, leading Welt (10-9), Marge (9-8), cranium (8-7), and Eelam (8-10).

Zazerick (13-10) played great, and maketso (11-10) showed flashes of brilliance from past weeks, but Burnt, (7-10), Dezmond (6-10) and ckpoon (5-10) weren't able to keep apace.

MVP: Rasaq

TWDT-J

Kamikaze vs Team Hilk
    ROUND 1
    50-45

This was a razor-tight game, with 3 of Kamikaze's players winning while on 9 and a fourth out, aprix (12-9) and skatarius (12-9) took possession of the match, with Compelled (10-10) and Rendered (9-9) not far behind, and Murder (5-8) hanging in there.

Zizzo (13-10) was a beast, but besides Slum (10-10), couldn't get enough support from infrared (8-10), humid (6-10) or Ricko (4-10), as the Kami closed in, dangling on the edge of victory-and-defeat, and coming out on top.

MVP: skatarius

Kamikaze vs Team Hilk
    ROUND 2
    50-41

Another fairly close game, aprix (12-9) once again led his team, this time with Compelled (11-8) by his side, with solid performances from skatarius (10-10) and Murder (9-7), with Rendered (5-7) hanging around.

Zizzo, unabated from the first round loss, stormed the Kami barricades once again, notching an otherworldly 15-10, more than double what any of his teammates managed, as Ricko, Zizzo, and humid vacillated between 5 to 7-10, with slum limping in with a 3-10.

MVP: aprix

---

Terrorist vs Baratheon
    ROUND 1
    50-32

Zazerick came down onto Baratheon like a bolt from Zeus's hand, dropping an insane 18-8 performance, amassing more kills than 4 of Baratheon's players combined, leading Dezmond (10-5), wbm (9-7), Burnt (8-7), and maketso (4-5).

Mikkiz (10-10) was the only player on the losing side to break even, with cranium (7-10) and Eelam (5-10 in tow, while Stannis (2-10) and Marge (3-10) put in absolutely atrocious scores, dooming their team to failure.

MVP: Zazerick

Baratheon vs Terrorist
    ROUND 2
    50-45

Marge stepped up in a big way Round 2, dropping a red-hot 16-8 (despite TKing me 3 times and knocking me out of the game - FU!), with solid outing from everyone except Stannis (4-10), who was once again terrible, as Eelam (10-8), cranium (10-8), and Mikkiz (6-8), who carried their dead-weight captain to victory.

Burnt (13-10) tried to finish the Baratheons off, but despite his best efforts, and solid play from maketso (10-10) and Zazerick (8-10), poor performances from wbm (5-10) and Dezmond (3-10) bogged them down.

MVP: Marge

Baratheon vs Terrorist
    ROUND 3
    50-40

euforia (13-7) entered the fray in Round 3 as Eelam disappeared to drive his Mom somewhere, and MVPing in the process, alongside another great performance from Cranium (12-8), who I can only assume is motivated by his IRL deficiencies, of which I'm told he has many, and another strong outing from Mikkiz (10-6), with Marge (8-10) and once again, Stannis (4-9) in tow -- just awful. Demonic will be back to 5-star for us next week, to the cheers of my entire team I'm sure.

maketso (13-10) make one last, valiant stand, but wbm, Dezmond, Zazerick, and Burnt couldn't achieve parity to keep the team afloat, as Baratheon claimed victory with a 50-40 win.

MVP: euforia

TWDT-B

Kamikaze vs. Team Hilk
    20:00-4:01

Kamikaze defeated Team Hilk with emphasis, as they knocked Infrared's team out of all three leagues. aprix (24-2) provided the backbone in terr, behind Dwopple (3.0) and pinkstar (2.8) who notched an impressive 5 teks.

Rab led the way in spiders with an 86-30, with stung (89-51) no slouch either, alongside skatarius (66-45) and Compelled (52-46).

renzi (78-57) and Zizzo (71-46) did their best in spider to give the hilkirs a chance, as did Pressure in terr with a respectable 19-6, but couldn't get it done behind porket (2.6) and katc/humid (2.8), with Ricko (67-42) and infrared/ardour rounding out the spiders.

MVP: Rab

---

Baratheon vs. Terrorist
    20:00-1:00

Baratheon steamrolled to a 10-1 lead before Terrorist quit, with Mikkiz in terr, Cranium (1.2 RPD) and Eelam (3.3 RPD) in shark, and NL>Trigger, gilder, Stannis, Rasaq, euforia, TJ Hazuki, and left_eye in spider, as Baratheon, like Kamikaze, swept the Quarters to move onto the Semi-Finals.

MVP: gilder (was leading in kills)

And Then There Were Four:

Thunder, dun vs me, Kamikaze and Baratheon will go head-to-head in the Semi-Finals next week, with Ease and Hulk's teams going in as the favorites. An unfortunate turn of events for Dreamwin's team, who had played excellent all season, and were only 1 win away from a bye to the Semi's during the season, as Team Hilk performed above expectations and did a nice job reaching the Quarter's and putting up a good fight. Kudos to both squads for sticking the season out.

WB OF THE WEEK: Rasaq/Evildeed.
    I couldn't decide between the two, so I'll hand out my first split decision. Rasaq was huge in TWDT-D, dropping 14-9, 11-6 performances, while also spidering in his team's 3-0 week, while Evildeed notched 15-7, 12-5 outings to help his squad do the same.

JAV OF THE WEEK: Marge,
    scoring a scintillating 16-8 in the do-or-die round 2, 50-45 game, performing solidly in round 3, while also chipping in 9-8, 8-7 scores in WB, despite being inactive for months.

BASER OF THE WEEK: aprix,
    with a fantastic 24-2 in terr, to go alongside his 12-9, 12-9 performances in jav, leading his team to victory across 2 leagues.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Murder,
    dropping bombshell 18-5, 16-7 performances in wb, a 9-7 in jav and strong spidering in base, contributing huge outings in his team's sweep into the Quarter-Finals!
    top 100 basers list

You're the best claus. Been meaning to ask, how did you guys record every TWL game last season?

Comment

Originally posted by Kane
      You're the best claus. Been meaning to ask, how did you guys record every TWL game last season?
      I use Camtasia, and I think NL>Trigger uses FRAPS but might have switched over to Camtasia, and Mattey used Twitch.tv -- I'm not sure how the latter works. I prefer Camtasia because the file sizes are way more manageable, then upload to Youtube in 1080p. FRAPS I think is supposedly higher quality (?), but I can't tell the difference, and I like the Camtasia suite and its editing options.

I'd usually just talk to NL or Matt in chats on Sunday, and see who is recording what so there wasn't overlap.

If you want to record the Semi's and/or Finals and need help, let me know. If my team gets knocked out of Semis in every league I'm happy to record the Finals, otherwise it's better for someone else to do it so you can catch the Public chat in Yellow, which is half the fun of rewatching TWL/TWDT games.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
      X