Black screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screenshots

I took a look at my screenshots folder and I discovered that some of them were all-black. From the dates, I suspect this problem is related to my graphics card. My previous one died suddenly and I replaced it. Since then, some of my screenshots are entirely black. Any ideas?

Try opening them with different image viewing programs, or on a different computer.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

I had same problem forgot how it was solved but it was thanks to k a n e his help (no joke, i do <3 kane though, no homo). So maybe he remembers...

Comment

Ok, thanks. I will track down KANE.

Well, it says he has no recent activity, so I'll have to find him in-game.

He said it might be a permissions issue, however, this is Windows XP, and I haven't changed ANYTHING other than the graphics card.

I will try to use a different program to open them, but that's not much of a permanent fix.

Other programs also display a black image. It's the graphics card.
        Last edited by Bukkake Surprise; 10-07-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

turn on software emulation in advanced options
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Where?

Comment

ctrl-a at the main menu
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.

Comment

The main menu of what?

Comment

well played

Comment

Ok, I tried the main menu of Continuum and checked the box. What exactly does "software emulation" do?

Comment

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                        Almost as cute as that girl of yours in Amsterdam, remember?

Comment

ye tehehehe
                          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Just one possible fix if this still is an issue: the first screenshot you take during a session might be black due to the default themes and drawing modes windows has, especially on 7+ and windowed mode. It will auto-set to a more compatible mode after that mostly though and all following screenshots should be normal. If that does not work killing the explorer.exe did the job for most of the people I helped who could not get it fixed by any setting.

Howto:
                            1. Windows Key + R
                            2. cmd + Enter
                            3. taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
                            4. play but leave this window open
                            5. when done playing or you want your taskbar and folders back: "start explorer.exe"

Or make a txt file in your cont folder and input the following:

@echo off
                            taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
                            Continuum.exe
                            pause
                            start explorer.exe
                            exit

Save and rename to "whatever.bat" then start Continuum by double clicking this file.

This method also works to fix graphics errors in other old games such as diablo 1 or starcraft.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I haven't played since making that post, so I don't know if that software emulation trick worked or not. If it doesn't, I will try your suggestions. Thank you very much.

I use Windows XP, by the way, and I play full screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X